The Proposal

The Proposal

 

Hwangbo Hye Jung house:

“You’re upset”

“No, I’m not. Its work. I understand it.”

“I’m so sorry. I really thought I was free until my manager called me this evening.”

“It’s okay hyun joong. Let’s just finish the meal.”

That’s all her response. Their dinner was enveloped with silence later on. And it’s really killing him because he knew his girlfriend over these 4 years. She is not the sulking type. But when she did, she will keep the silence treatment for about a week or two, posting a sulking note on her cycworld. The worst part is, is arghhhh..just watched back episode 28. He really in coeing a woman.

Damn it! Damn his manager for telling him the last minute schedule, damn his agency for signing that CF without his consent. All the effort he took for the special night will be diminished just like that. Should he wait for another year?? Hell no! He can’t wait till next year! Not when this 2pm guy is too stupid and oblivious enough to the fact that his girlfriend is already taken. What’s with the “she’s the hottest noona I’ve ever seen, being able to put my hand on her waist is feel like a heaven for me”.

Bamm!! Hyunjoong rams his fist on the dinner table, unable to bear with the jealousy upon remembering last week conversation he had had with this bastard at Jaejoong birthday party.

“What is wrong with you?” Hwangbo asks in an extreme annoyance. She’s the one whose sulking here, and there he is, punches her brand new table.

“Aa..aanii buin..it’s a mosquito..i’m protecting you from mosquito.” He stuttered while trying to find the best excuse, but that’s all he got.

“Lame”.

Yeah, he knew its lame. He had used that mosquito excuse for the nth time, but he just wanna make a joke, to make her laugh. And when she laughs, it’s means a forgiven for him. But, maybe it’s not working this time. What was he kidding. This time is a big mistake. It’s her birthday and he promised to celebrate with her for the first time in their 4 years relationship. They had planned everything from their early wake up to the end of her birthday day. And now, it’s ruin.

 

 

 

Birthday party attending with friends and 50 lucky fans:

“Annyeonghaseyo…I’m junjin, hwangbo besties. I will be mcing this event replacing Bongsun since she said she will charge my best friend.” Junjin starts the event with light joke and it make the audience laugh.

“Yah! Baboya! I will get anti-fans after this”. Bongsun shouts from the audience seat.

“Haha..mianhe Bongsun-ah. It’s a joke, so don’t hate her. She got too much haters to handle with. Okay guys, I bet you are here since 6pm to celebrate Hwangbo’s birthday, right?

“Nae~~” The audiences reply together with cherish mood.

“So, without wasting any more time let’s invite her to the stage to entertain you guys”.

Hwangbo goes on stage and starts her speech by thanking the fans first for supporting her all this while and bla bla bla..It finish (Note: sorry guys, I’m so lazy here). When she finished speaking, Junjin take over the microphone.

“For the special and lucky fans here, I myself had prepared a montage about Hwangbo’s life for you to enjoy. Any question about her life will be answered personally by me after this because you knew already I’ve been living as her best friend all my life. So I know everything about her.”

The montage started from her baby photos, 1 year- old, 2 years- old, 4 years- old, 10 years old together with Junjin in their school and until 29 years- old the music change to the “Falling Slowly”. To be true, it’s the screen cap from the ‘We Got Married’ when Hyun Joong serenades her.

What was he doing? You are going to die after this Jun Jin. Hwangbo pretend to be calm and smile when her friend and the audience start to .

The music continues and the screen cap from the interview after their wedding photo session appears next.

“I don’t know if you’ve experience this but, have you ever heard your own heartbeat? Today I heard it.”

“This interests me a lot. I don’t kiss people just because they told me to… but I wonder why I did. I think I do like her. So, I guess that is why I did it. Now, I guess I am slowly developing feelings of the need to express my feelings more.

Hwangbo senses something is not right. The audiences start to be loud screaming and all. If this continues, it will start a rumor between her and Hyun Joong and of course, it brings no good to Hyun Joong next drama, but what was this guy thinking? Why would he need to highlight about Hyun Joong so much in her birthday party? Is he trying to tell the world they’re dating? Oh my god, but Hwangbo can’t do anything right now. All she could do is sitting on her seat quietly and thinking how to scream and yelling at his best friend after this.

And up to her surprise, there he is, a video of his boyfriend standing straight in the montage while holding a big cards, similar to a cue card.

“It’s Hyunjoong. He’s holding a card. Omg! What’s he’s doing right now?” Bongsun screams, unable to handle her shockness.

First card:

I’m not a good boyfriend for you. And I know you know, and your friends too.

I’m sorry I had read Boram noona message on your phone.

“All type B man is horrible, you just need to bear a little bit more.”

But the mere fact is you still by my side till now. And I’m very grateful for that.

Second card:

Despite my bad boy attitude, do you know how much I care about you?

 I hate it when you need to call a plumber to repair your toilet just because I’m too busy with my schedule.

Third card:

 I’m so worried when you got into an accident last 3 years. My heart explodes when I got a call from your manager about the bad news. And the biggest regret of my life is I can’t be there to take care of you just because I’m too busy with my schedule.

Fourth card:

I’m so upset that I had to break my promise to celebrate your birthday together. God knows how much effort I had put to make a surprise for you on your birthday. But it’s all ruin just because I’m too busy with my schedule.

Fifth card:

I’m a pathetic drunkard man that bums your front door every single night last year when we decide to hold our relationship and give a space for ourselves to think about it all over again. And I find it as the worst 2 weeks in my life because I can’t live without you even a day. And it’s all happened just because I’m too busy with my schedule.

Sixth card:

Do you know how much I love you? Omg, I can’t belive it I said it here in front of all the people. It’s so cheesy buin. But please bear with it. A man will become like this when there are so in love and yeah a bit jealous. Not much, but just a little bit when I knew you allowed that 2pm guy to put his hand on your waist. You broke our promise, buin! But it’s okay. I forgive you since it’s your birthday today.

Seventh card:

 Do you know what I really like about you?

Eighth card:

I like it when you kiss me a good morning kiss to wake me up.

Ninth card:

I like it when you pout whenever I made joke about you, it’s so cute you know.

Tenth card:

I like it when you slice the onion so small I can’t even see it in my meal. God knows how much I hate onion but you said it’s for my healthy.

Eleventh card:

I like it when you nag me whenever I gave Jins tea, but I just wanna give our family the best things.

Twelveth card:

But first and foremost, I like it when you being my girlfriend. Because I can enjoy all the cool things you made to cherish my life whenever I fell down.”

Thirtheith card:

 “And with that, your bad boyfriend is here in japan while you’re celebrating your birthday with your fans, kneeling both his knees for you, proposing you in a modern way, online.”

 

The skype application suddenly pop up and hyunjoong is there, kneeling while holding a box containing a ridiculously extra fabulous diamond ring.

Hwangbo hye jung, I’m so nervous here and my knees are shaking badly right now. Once again, I’m so sorry I can’t be there, I broke my promise for the nth time. But just so you know, I’m so crazy right now. I’m so in love with you.. and ..arghh crap..i forgot the line.. I can’t be a good boyfriend for these years, but right now, I think I’m ready to be a very good husband to you and a father to our 4 kids..and  …i love you..you know it’s hard for me to utter it right. And you are the first woman that received it more than 20 times..and sorry..ahh..why should I say sorry again..

Ahh forget it..let me gets straight to the point.

“Hwangbo Hye jung, in front of all your best friends and witnessing by your fans, would you marry me??”

That is the limit for hwangbo tears to break and she tries to cover it with her hand. She doesn’t like it when Hyun Joong sees her crying but Bongsun elbowing her, taking her back to reality.

“Yah baboya, he will break his kness if he waits another minute. Give him the answer or I’m the one marrying him. I don’t know this jerk can be so sweet.”

“Shillang~~ What are you doing making me crying in front of the people. It’s..ermm..it’s so sweet but how can you propose me online like this?”

“Buin, we need to do something new. It’s bored proposing in classical way buin.”

“Then, do you expect me to give birth to your kids online too?”

“Argghh..anii..How can you give birth online? Aishh..What are you doing buin? You should say yes. You make me embarrassed in front of all your fans.

“Kwenchana, oppa.. Unnie, marry him~~”, one of the fan spoke.

“Marry him, marry him, marry him.” Within a second, the chant echoed throughout the hall.

“Arasso, I will” Hwangbo mumbling.

“What, I didn’t hear that?” Hyunjoong tries to .

“I said I will.Arghh.. Do we really have to do this in front of the people?”

“Then, kiss me online.”

“What? No. Are you some kind of ert?”

“Haha..I’m kidding buin. Actually I had prepared everything to propose to you tonight but here am I, in Japan, far away from you. That’s why I decided to propose to you online with the help of Junjin hyung. By, doing so, it’s like I’m telling the world we are together. And also I’m going to do a press conference about us after this, so don’t worry too much, okay. I will handle everything. But, I’m sorry I can’t be there to put a ring on your finger and to kiss you like any other guys did when they propose their girl. But, I promised you, the first thing I do when I touch down Korea is going to your house and propose to you the second time.” Hyun Joong explains everything to her.

“Arasso, shillang. I will wait for you”. Hwangbo reply him while wiping her tears. She never expects that his blunt and clueless boyfriend will do something sweet like this. After all the waiting, it’s all worth it.

 

~The end~