Wasted Friday Nights

Drabbles - SHINee ; OPEN

jongkey ; high school!au | pg

 
Kibum sighed, eyes peeking over the crook of his elbow as he watched his teacher drone on and on about how important Math will be in their futures. As far as Kibum was concerned the only things important to his future were his camera, music and eventually love. Why in the world would he have to use long division when he could just as easily use a calculator? Math wasnt important enough for him to waste his energy and attention on, so he opted for burrying his face in his arms as he people watched-- or rather, classmate watched.
There was Minho and his always stoic face, pencil in hand and large eyes set on following the teacher as he paced back and forth at the front of the classroom. How boring, he was always such a perfect student...Didnt he ever live a little?
Jinki. The Teachers Pet who was surprisingly sweet and likeable. He had this smile that could fry your eyes right out of their sockets if you looked at it for too long. He wasnt your stereotypical nerd. It was refreshing, actually.
Nicole, one of his close friends, was sneakily trying to fix her eyeliner with a compact mirror hidden in her lap-- she was so going to get caught. And why in the name of all that is good...was she weaqring Navy liner when she was wearing Black clothing?! 
And Jonghyun, his seatmate who was always passing notes and ripping off the corners of his paper to rip into confetti. He was always fun to watch on Thursdays because he always chose those days to annoy the heck out of the teacher: wether it be through making obnoxious comments or throwing balls of paper at his back while he was writing on the whiteboard. 
Although today was diferent. The energetic male wasnt making paper confetti, he actually looked more nervous then he did mischevius. Which, for him, was really weird.
He shrugged it off, closing his eyes and laying his head down for a nap; there wasnt anything worth watching, really. As he lowered his face he felt something crinkle against his cheek.
I want to hold hands and waste fridays nights with you. ♥
Kibum blinked.
When had a notebook been slipped under his left arm? 
He looked up, cheeks no doubt sporting a light dusting of pink, and scanned the classroom for someone-- anyone-- who might have been the person who had just...asked him out? confessed to him? there werent any heads turned in his direction nor a single pair of eyes that he could see even glancing in his direction. it could have been a joke from Taemin or Jinwoon...
The bastards.
He huffed irritably and made a move to crumple the offending piece of paper into a ball of doom that would no doubt be making contact with one of its suspected makers-- but a hand slapped over his wrist and shook it. Kibum glanced up and was mildly shocked to see Jonghyun looking at him with large, pleading eyes that reminded him all too much of a fluffy little canine. He watched with hesitant eyes as the older let go of him, picked up his pen and began writing just below the confession-- the pens ink was the same. Kibum felt like his throat was going to swell closed and he would choke to death.
Kim Jonghyun had just confessed to him. Oh God.
Look, I'm sorry if I don't exactly make it onto your ideal type list...but you dont have to be so harsh.
Kibum shook his head, holding out his palm for the pen Jonghyun was clutching in a balled up fist.
Sorry I didn't know it was you. I thought it was a joke, actually...
Wrong thing to say. Jonghyun huffed and rolled his eyes, letting his teeth sink into his lower lip as he shook his head and trained his eyes onto the teacher. He must have taken that the wrong way...
He tapped Jonghyun's bicep and waited for him to turn to look at him, which he didnt bother doing-- instead he gave him a side-eyed glance full of annoyance. Kibum sighed and dropped his forehead against the notebook, staring blankly at the others confession. It was actually kind of cute...something he would have said yes too had he not screwed it all up.
With that thought in mind he picked up the pen and started writing again, this time re-reading it to make sure nothing could be taken the wrong way, before he slid the notebook and pen in front of the other boy.
I'd love it if you came over tomorrow after school. Maybe we could watch a movie or something? :D
To his amazement Jonghyun didnt pick up the pen after his eyes had finished scanning the written words.
"Yeah...Uh, how about we just walk there together? We could even hold h-"
"Care to share with the class Mr. Kim and-....Mr...Kim?"
Kibum flushed a bright pink as Jonghyun nodded, happily stating that he now had an official movie date with the hot guy hed been crushing on since the beginning of the school year.