This is it.

Keep Calm, I Love You (a one-shot sequel to The Angel Who Saved Her Heart)

 

“Shin Hye-ya? Has he called you already?” Ji Hyun asked Shin Hye as she combs her hair. The three, Shin Hye, Ji Hyun and Yu Mi are having a sleepover at Shin Hye’s house. They had just finished their evening rituals and they are now preparing to go to sleep… or have some girl talk maybe.

 She just looked down while hugging the frog pillow he had given her, the one he used as her seat in his bike, while filming Heartstrings. The curious Yu Mi grabbed Shin Hye’s iPhone on the table. She immediately checked her call logs and even invaded her inbox. But all she found out was his text a week ago, saying he will be there in her graduation, before things between them got messed up.

“Oh Shin Hye-ya! What has come to your minds?! The both of you are hurt for a wrong reason.” Yu Mi said in dismay.

“Yong Hwa’s a fool. He hadn’t let you explain your side before he went away to Japan for CN BLUE’s tour and promotions. Tss!” Ji Hyun said as she crossed her arms.

***

“Hyung! You got a message from Shin Hye eonni!” Min Hyuk called Yong Hwa as he was sulking himself on the bed. Min Hyuk knew he was just faking that he’s already asleep because he had been thinking of Shin Hye every moment he’s away with her.

“Jinja!?” All of a sudden, Yong Hwa’s feebleness was replaced by his energetic self.

He snatched his phone away from Min Hyuk’s hands. He was impatiently scrolling over his phone.

“This is not good.” Jong Hyun said while shaking his head.

“I’m getting worried for him.” Jung Shin agreed with his brother’s remark.

“Ya! Kang Min Hyuk! You deleted it, didn’t you? What did she say?” Yong Hwa gripped Min Hyuk’s shoulders. He looked really scary.

“Mianhae hyung. I was just kidding.”

“MWO?”

“She uh… she didn’t text you.” Min Hyuk said in a weak voice, not meeting his hyung’s gaze. He was really scared to look at him.

The lee brothers went to interrupt the two to lessen the tension.

“Whoa whoa! Stop it now hyung! You’re scaring Min Hyuk.” Jung Shin said while offering a glass of water.

“He started it!” Yong Hwa’s voice raised and pointed at Min Hyuk with disbelief. He recklessly took the glass from Jung Shin’s hand and knocked back the water. Slowly, he was losing his anger.

“Min Hyuk-ah! Stop foolin’ around will ya? You know how he feels right now. You’re not helping. You’re just making things worse.”

Jong Hyun preached their youngest member calmly and patted his back to comfort the now-crying Min Hyuk. What do you expect? He is still hadn’t let go of his childish ways that’s why. Min Hyuk was the most vulnerable of the four of them. He is the fragile one.

After the tension was gone, Min Hyuk immediately went to Yong Hwa’s room to apologize. Yong Hwa did the same. As the leader, he should be the one responsible of keeping the relationship of the band members intact.

***

Days passed and still no communication between them. Yong Hwa got even more busy promoting their album while Shin Hye was also hell busy filming for her one-shot drama in KBS, “Don’t Worry I’m A Ghost”. After their misunderstanding, they hadn’t tweet much ever since, making netizens suspicious. During the anniversary of Heartstrings, all the casts tweeted about it except for the couple. Also, rumors were spreading around like fire that they already broke up. Several tweets from yongshin fans can be read twitter, making them trend worldwide.

“@ssinz, @CNBLUE_4: Shin Hye eonni! Yong Hwa oppa! Is everything ok? We haven’t heard much from you. #YongShin hwaiting!”

“@ssinz: Shin Hye eonni! Why aren’t you tweeting Yong Hwa oppa lately? Are you guys fighting? We hope not. #YongShin FTW!”

“@CNBLUE_4: oppas! Please get them back together. #YongShin always and forever!”

***

Shin Hye was caught in an ambush interview before heading to Japan for the Heartstrings Fan Meeting.

“Shin Hye-ssi, there’s been rumors spreading around that you and Yong Hwa are already over. Is that true? YongShin fans will surely be sad if ever that happens.”

She just smiled weakly at the reporter. She wanted to escape from her but she couldn’t. The reporter must also be a fan of their love team.

“Uh… all I can say is that whatever we are going through, my love for him didn’t change a bit. I just wanted to thank all the dooliers out there for their continued support. Kamsahamnida yeorobun.”

She said then walked fast to the departure area so that the reporter wouldn’t be able to ask more questions.

***

Yong Hwa watched the interview together with Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk. They had just came back to their hotel after a very long tiring day.

“I guess she’s not mad anymore, or maybe not at all, hyung. Maybe she was just sad on how you acted. You should talk when she comes here first thing in the morning.” Jung Shin said giving a piece of advice to his hyung.

“Maybe I shouldn’t act rashly. Tss! Look what I’ve done.” Yong Hwa covered his face with his hands.

“Yeah. It would be a pity to see your relationship in ruins. We all know how much you love each other. You even heard her say it in front of the camera earlier. Don’t just easily give up just because of that kiss. After all, it was just on her cheek. Jealousy won’t do you any good.” Jong Hyun also gave his insight on the situation.

 “I’m with you hyung! I’m also a doolier, right? Kekeke! YongShin forever! You can do it.” Min Hyuk gave Yong Hwa a back hug to add support and encouragement to him.

“Ya! I’m still the maknae president of the YongShin fan club! Hyung would always let me sing with him Non naege banhaesseo, right?” Jung Shin scoffed at Min Hyuk.

“But I was part of the Heartstrings cast! I’m the one who have seen their relationship grew. And it really gave me nosebleeds most of the time. Kekeke.” Min Hyuk stuck his tongue out on Jung Shin.

“Aish!” Defeated, Jung Shin walked out to the kitchen to get some ice cream at the fridge.

The three left in the living room laughed at Jung Shin. An idea occurred to Yong Hwa’s mind.

This is it. I can’t lose her. Not now.

***

Shin Hye finally arrived in Japan and went straight to the hotel to take some rest. When she woke up the next day, she was shocked at she saw just as when she opened her eyes. She brushed her teeth then immediately went to Manager Kim in the suite beside her room. He was humming while preparing some coffee for himself.

“Oh! You’re already awake Shin Hye-ya!”

“What happened to my room Manager Kim?”

They went back to her suite. Manager Kim was shocked just like her when they entered.

“Whoa! You’re suite is full of… flowers! Who could this be from? Ah! Why do I even ask?”

Manager Kim held one of the bouquets on the table and smelled it. It was really fresh. Shin Hye looked for the card on each bouquet but she didn’t find a single one. She found a note near her lampshade instead.

“I need to talk to you. Mianhae for hurting you Shin Hye-ya. I hope these flowers will lessen the pain I caused you.”

After reading the note, her phone rang. It was Yong Hwa.

“Good morning sunshine. You’ve seen it already?”

“Ne. How couldn’t I? Your flowers were the first thing I saw when I woke up. I even thought I slept in the garden.” She let out a chuckle while talking to him. It’s a sign that she’s ok now.

“Geureom, can I come over now?”

“…ne.”

***

In less than five minutes, Yong Hwa was already in front of her door. Manager Kim opened it.

“Oh Yong Hwa-ssi! It’s too early in the morning for your love declaration. Kekeke.”

Yong Hwa just smiled sheepishly at him. “Annyeong.”

“Well then, I’ll leave the both of you now. Behave, ok? Kekeke. I don’t want rumors spreading around that your belly went bigger in a couple of weeks Shin Hye-ya.”

Manager Kim said jokingly. Shin Hye gave him dagger looks while Yong Hwa was in state of shock.

“Just kidding. I know you’re a good girl. Bye!” Manager Kim immediately went out of her room.

The two of them are finally left alone to talk. They sat on the sofa on the living room. There was silence. No one dared to speak a word. Yong Hwa was looking at Shin Hye, who was only wearing a pink silk nightgown that easily flows on her porcelain skin. Shin Hye couldn’t look at him in the eyes, though. He finally decided to break the ice.

“So uh… how are you doing?”

“I’m… I’m ok. Want to have coffee? I’ll go first and prepare a cup for you.” She said, still not meeting his gaze.

Before she could walk, he already got a grip of her hand and pulled her close to him. He hugged her tightly, compensating for the time they had been away from each other, the time they hadn’t talk with each other. She couldn’t help but hug him back too. They both missed each other so much. Then, Yong Hwa gave her a kiss on her lips, which she reciprocated passionately, deeply. They just broke the kiss when they finally couldn’t get a hold of their breaths. They released each other’s hugs to inhale more oxygen.

 

Flashback.

Yong Hwa promised that he will come to celebrate Shin Hye’s graduation. The ceremony already ended, but still no signs of him. Everyone congratulated her for gaining many awards. Hours passed by, only a few people were left in the campus. She was just sitting alone in one of the benches near the Blue Dragon pond. Someone went to sit beside her. They were the only ones in that place.

“Shin Hye-ya, congratulations! You graduated with honors. That’s not surprising at all.” Geun Suk greeted her. She also congratulated him.

“Congratulations too. I didn’t expect that I will still make it to the top considering my busy schedules. Thanks to you, for lending me your notes on the lessons.”

“It’s nothing. It’s nothing compared to all the pain I’ve caused when we broke up. It was my way of apology. Kekeke.” He said shyly as he rubbed his nape.

“Forget it. It was all in the past. We’re friends now. Besides, you’re already happy going out with your new girlfriend, Mary, right? She looks really pretty and approachable. You look good together.” She said as she hit his arms.

“You’re still violent! Aigoo! But yeah, you’re right. I’m also happy for you and Yong Hwa. You are continuing to gain fans all over the world. You’re really becoming more popular.”

Geun Suk gave her a kiss on her cheek, a friendly kiss.

“This time I can finally tell you that I have already moved on. I’m glad we’re both ok now in our separate paths.”

Shin Hye felt more at peace with his statement. Geun Suk extended his arm.

“Friends, right?”

“Ne, friends.” She gladly received it.

Yong Hwa interrupted them when he grabbed Shin Hye’s other hand, making her other hand let go of Geun Suk’s. Geun Suk was shocked at Yong Hwa’s notion. He was just glued on his face while Shin Hye was being dragged by Yong Hwa.

“Uh-oh. He must’ve misunderstood.”

***

Yong Hwa was just walking with Shin Hye, still holding her hand, without saying a word. Shin Hye used all her might to remove her hand from his but she couldn’t. But it made him stopped walking at least.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Yong Hwa turned around, he looked really enraged.

“You! What’s wrong with you?! He’s your ex Shin Hye-ya and still, you let him kiss you! He broke your heart, remember? And I was the one who helped you mend he pieces. I love you and this is how you’ll repay me?!”

“Wait. It’s not what you think. We’re just…”

“I’ve already seen it with my own two eyes! How could you flirt with someone who already treated you like you’re nothing?! How could you stoop so low?! You didn’t even let me go to Japan first before you do your dirty things…”

She didn’t know what came into her mind but she just had the courage to slap him, with all her strength.

“Yeah! You’re right! Geun Suk crushed my heart! Big time! But you… you’re no more than him! Because right now, at this very moment, you looked down on me, like I was some piece of trash. You talked to me like I was NOTHING TO YOU! I think this is really what’s best for us. We need to be away from each other. You can go to Japan now at this very moment!” Shin Hye ran away from him and immediately called a cab.

The slap sent Yong Hwa back to his mind.

“What have I done!?”

End of Flashback.

 

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. I shouldn’t have doubted your feelings for me. I understand now that the two of you are just friends and have just gotten into full reconciliation.” He said as he hugged her again. He really felt sorry for what he had done to her. He let a tear drop to his cheeks then to her shoulder. She his back, which meant that she had already forgiven him.

“Ssh… I understand you also. I know that you have just been afraid that I might get back with him and that you were stressed because we’re gonna have to be separated for months… But you shouldn’t be. Keep Calm, I love you, Yong Hwa. I love you, only you so rest assured.” She said as she hugged him tightly. He leaned forward again to plant a kiss on her soft lips. “I love you too.”

Finally, our couple was back in each other’s arms.

***

Later afternoon was their fan meeting for the success of Heartstrings. Shin Hye was quite nervous because Yong Hwa still hadn’t arrived yet. But the show must go on and she had to cover for him for a while. The MC now called her to come to the stage. A lot of shrieks can be heard when her name was called.

“Konnichiwa! Arigatou for your overwhelming support for Heartstrings!” She greeted their fans cheerfully. After some time, the audience already noticed Yong Hwa’s absence.

“I thought he’s also part of the fan meeting. He’s still in Japan, right?” One of the Japanese dooliers said.

All of a sudden, lights were dimmed and only the light of the large screen on the stage can be seen. All the people were shocked, including Shin Hye, when the video was played. It was a collection of their pictures and videos together, mostly their sweetness as a real-life couple, with God Gave Me You as the background of the song. Everyone will let a loud “Aww…” everytime their moments together will appear. After the video, everyone let out wild shrieks when they watched the text slowly shown on screen.

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Yong Hwa went to the stage and handed Shin Hye a bouquet of flowers. He kissed her cheek then he knelt down.

“I know that we’ve been through a hard time dealing with our relationship these past few days but… I love you, you love me and we promised to trust each other now… I guess that’s all that matters, right? During the times while we were away from each other, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat… Hell I’m going crazy every minute knowing you’re not with me. So I’ve finally decided. This is it. I can’t lose you. Not now Shin Hye-ya. From the moment I saw you, I already knew you are the one for me Shin Hye-ya. Without you, my life would be a broken pencil, pointless. I couldn’t spend another night going to sleep without knowing that you will be mine and I will be yours for the rest of our lives. So, will you… marry me?”

There was silence. Everyone was nervous at Shin Hye’s response. She sighed heavily before she answered.

“I love you Yong Hwa. That’s why it’s a yes.” Shin Hye said as he held her hand and let him put the ring on his finger.

He stood up and hugged her tightly then kissed her on the lips in front of all their fans.

 

The world has again witnessed true love with their own eyes. There were even others who even shed tears of joy. Others were busy tweeting what they just saw.  Everyone was happy for them, including CN BLUE, their managers and even their families.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for anticipating this fic. Kyaaa~! So they finally lived happily ever after. Isn't it nice? Kekeke. Thank you for all the support! Off to continue my other fic, Love Trauma. See you there! :)