Smile For Me

Smile For Me

 

Jung Hee's POV

 

~~~

"Jung Hee, will you be my girlfriend?" Jonghyun was kneeling on one knee and had a bracelet in another. "Oppa, stand up. Of course I will." I said, smiling. "Yay!! Jung Hee, saranghae." he grinned, getting up and embracing me. "Me too." I agreed, feeling heat rise into my cheeks.

~~~

"Oppa!!! You can't catch me!!!" I shouted, laughing. We were running on the beach, after an exhausting day. It was the perfect scenery, the sun was setting, the sky was a bright orange. "Oh, really??" Jonghyun teased. He ran as fast as he could and eventually caught me, and lifted me into the air. He twirled me around a few times before stopping and kissing me on the lips. "You're the best girlfriend a guy could ever have." he breathed.

~~~

"Jung Hee!!!" Jonghyun screamed, pushing me onto the sidewalk. A car was heading towards me, and he pushed me out of the way. The driver tried to swerve, but to no avail. Jonghyun was covered in blood, I screamed his name multiple times, he didn't reply. All he said, before he was whisked away by the ambulance, was this, "Jung Hee... I love you... Remember that, I'll always be with you." Then, his eyes closed, I shook him vigorously, crying, tears formed on my tear streaked face.

~~~

 

I felt my cheeks wet, I was crying silently, involuntarily. I lost the most caring, kind, handsome and cool boyfriend in the world. Even though I have Kibum now, I still have this empty feeling in my stomach. His voice was amazing, his dancing was awesome, his attitude and protectiveness over me was clearly unfathomable.

 

I sat down on the ground, hugging my knees to my chest. "O-oppa... J-jeongmal mianhaeyo... I caused you to die, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I should've died, I'll do what you said, carry on with life, even after you go. And I'll keep that promise. But, I'm really really sorry..." I apologized, more tears streaming down my face. I placed the bouquet of flowers on the ground and stood up.

 

"Don't blame yourself, Jung Hee." a voice said. I whirled around to cone face-to-face with Kibum. Oh, right, I forgot, Kibum was Jonghyun's best friend. "K-Kibum oppa..." I broke down again, Kibum caught me, and comforted me. "I... I... I'm sorry for taking him away, Kibum oppa..." I said profusely. "Aniyo. It's not your fault..." he said into my hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes until he couldn't take it anymore.

 

"Hey, chin up. I don't need my girlfriend to be weeping in front of me. I'm sure Jonghyun hyung will approve of us.." he smiled, placing two fingers on my chin and pushing my head up to look into his eyes. "I hope so..." I said back. "Let's go. I'll treat you to lunch. Just don't cry anymore, okay?" he intertwined my fingers with his. I nodded and smiled weakly.

 

"Smile for me." That was the angelic voice that kept me going.