Chapter 1: Ingenius

K 9 L O V E [A P P L Y C L O S E D ]

Narrator

 

"YESSSSSSS! I finally did it!" the man bellowed, holding up a light blue, bone shaped object into the air.

"I've finally completed the Human-ator 3000!" he screamed in happiness, doing a little solo victory dance.

"Now I only need to find some guinea pigs to test it on…" he thought to himself, his fake beard.

At that very moment, an invisible lightbulb lit up on top of his head; and he hastily slipped out of his lab coat, exchanging it for a light grey, cotton vest.

"Jet!" he called, as he walked up the stairs from the basement AKA his lab, "We're going out!"

Soon after he said this, a tiny thing came bouncing his way towards him; in which he scooped his little boy into his arms, twirling him around in circles.

After grabbing his bag and hat, they both left the house.

 

"We're gonna go visit a friend of mine who lives right down the lane," the scientist told Jet as they walked down the empty lane, basking in the sun's rays.

"Remember Ji-Eun and her dog? Bomi?"

At the sound of her name, Jet's face immediately lit up into a blissful smile.

Not long after, they were standing in front of a block of white apartments, in which Ji-Eun's apartment was on the 2nd floor. On the way to her place, Jet was given many compliments, as people oggled their eyes at him, some stopping to pat his head.

"OMO. He's so cute!" they would squeal in delight.

Jet loved the attention and he basically lived on the love of the people surrounding him. He had a flexible character, and was friendly to everyone. However, when they reached her house; nobody came to answer the door. Sad, Jet lowered his head and started whining.

"Hang on Jet," comforted the scientist in his soothing, calm voice, "Let daddy call her,"

He took out his red Smart Phone out from his bag, and was about to dial her number when he heard a voice call out to him.

"Jin Uk Oppa!" a soft, velvety voice called from behind of him.

He turned around and met a small, child like girl, wearing some jogging shorts and matching shirt, who was accompanied with a panting brown dog. Jet immediately ran towards her; otherwise known as Bomi.

"Hey Ji Eun! I was just about to call you," Jin Uk said, as he followed Jet towards her.

"Ah~ Sorry about that! I take Bomi out to the park everyday at 5:00 so she can play. Why don't you guys come next time? I can see how much Jet loves her," she replied with a bright smile.

"I'd think Jet'd like that a lot actually, so sure!" he beamed as he stared at his son playing with his friend.

"Anyways," he continued, "I was just going to ask if you could come over to my house tomorrow night, I need to ask you of a favor."

"What's was the favor?" Ji Eun asked.

"Well, I was wondering if I could use Bomi to test out my new product. I won't tell you now cause I want it to be a surprise,"

"I love surprises, so sure, I'll be there tomorrow night," she said, giggling.

"See you tomorrow then!" he smiled, waving at her.

"Come on Jet!" he called.

The two walked out into the streets, and back home.

"It's a bit late now, so I'll just call the others," Jin Uk said to Jet, as he scrolled down his contact list.

 

After 30 minutes and probably $30 of credit; he finally finished all his calls.

Tired, his eyes slowly drooped and he drifted off to La-La Land.

 

The Next Night

 

"Hey you guys! Thanks so much for coming over!" he greeted his guests as he opened his door.

"Hey Jin Uk!" they all replied as they came in, and he lead them down into his basement.

"Ahem. Ladies and Gentlemen! Please let me introduce to you my newest and finest invention; the Human-ator 3000!" he stated, holding the object up for show.

There were blank stares all around the room.

"Yes, I know you may think it's just a rubber dog bone, but watch as you will be amazed by this phenominal magic, because this rubber object thing here will allow you to understand your dog!"

"And how does that work?" spoke up the mother of my friend. She was a beautiful lady, despite her age.

"Let me explain. When your dog bites into this bone, the chemicals that I've put into this bone will automatically re-design your pet's DNA's into human DNA, therefore turning them human. And before you all begin shouting at me, the chemicals are not poisonous; and nor will the pets taste anything when they bite into it."

"Jin-Uk Oppa, I don't know…. How do I know for sure that it's safe and won't end up harming Bomi," Ji-Eun stuttered, staring down sadly at her hyper dog.

"Me too, Jin Uk." spoke up a young lad, "I've been studying Bio Med for a few years now, and I've never come past a chemical that can change the structure of a living organisms DNA."

"Anthony; I know you're smart, but noone has ever tried this before, and if they have, they didn't succeed. Come on you guys, you know you can trust me. Look, I'll try it first." Jin Uk replied, his voice irritated.

"Jet! Come to daddy!" he called.

-30 minutes later-

"WOW~ They're beautiful," the owners whispered, synchronised, all staring at their once cute beloved dogs, who had turned into lovely humans right before their eyes. Luckily Jin Uk had been smart enough to tell the owners to bring their dogs in some clothes or else they wouldv'e been sitting there !

There was a long silence as everyone stood there in awe of the scientist. Suddenly he spoke up.

"Everyone! These dogs are too beautiful; people will get suspicious and they'll attract too much attention. Thankyou for helping me test out my invention; but promise me that you'll never use the invention again. I'll give you the bones that you have right now; but for memory purposes only. Now, your dogs will turn into back into their normal selves if they bite the bone again; so before leaving, please get your dog to do so…"

"Yes~" everyone replied, staring sadly at the magic that was soon to disappear from their eyes.

 

[First chapter is done! Sorry for the really slow update! It got really hectic at school; and now I'm on holidays so it's all good! >< And I'm really sorry about the really short and crappy update, I just wanted to introduce the plot properly! I promise to properly introduce all the characters next chapter! BTW. Don't you love the poster? It's so pretty! Credits to Angela @ lemonswirls.visualchic.net!]