It hurts

Eventually

 

 

Eventually…

Taeyeon stared at the phone that she was holding onto. She sighed and placed it on the small table by her bedside. She snuggled into her covers and closed her eyes. Minho isn’t replying me again, she thought. She buried her face into her pillow and shook her head. Of course he wouldn’t reply as fast as he would anymore. He already had a girlfriend. Obviously he would pay more attention towards his girlfriend than his best friend, right?

“But he promised…” Taeyeon whispered to herself, chewing slightly on her lip. “He promised to not forget about me once he had a girlfriend. He never break promises…”

Time passed and it had been two hours since Taeyeon sent out that text to reply Minho and she was still waiting for his text. A vibration was heard and Taeyeon smiled. He replied. Taeyeon grabbed her phone and looked at the message. As soon as she saw the message, she deleted it, placed her phone back to its original position and hid under the covers. He promised, she thought, that no matter what, even if he was busy… I would always be top priority. Taeyeon’s eyes were moist with tears that were threatening to fall. She rubbed if away as soon as they came and shook her head. NO. She had to be strong. She could do it without him. She couldn’t lean on him forever… Right?

 

Fast text responses will turn slow,

Minho laughed as he casually slung his arm around Taeyeon’s neck, pinching her cheeks in the process. Taeyeon pouted and landed a slightly rough punch to his arm. Minho whined as he rubbed the spot where the punch was made. Taeyeon giggled and stuck out her tongue before walking away. Minho was about to chase her but someone held him back. Yuri tugged on his shirt, trying to gain his attention. Minho smiled at his girlfriend and followed her back to her seat and sat beside her and started talking to her. Taeyeon who was back at her seat watched the couple laugh and tease each other. We used to be like that everyday… Teasing and playing around… I miss it, she thought.


Kibum who was next to the sighing girl nudged her lightly, bringing her out from her train of thoughts. She looked to her left to see her friend with that look that says ‘I know what’s going on’. Taeyeon gave the male a small smile before taking out a book to read. Kibum sighed at stared at her friend.

“You’re hurt, aren’t you?” Kibum asked.

“What? I’m not hurt anywhere Key-oppa. Why did you ask?” Taeyeon replied simply, trying to act as if nothing was wrong. Her heart was beating wildly and cold sweat began to form on her forehead. Damn Kibum for always finding things out easily.

Kibum scoffed. “Honey, don’t lie to me. You know that I know that you know what I will do if you lie to me. I can see that you’re hurting. You like Minho.”

“It’s nothing. I’ll be fine. He just needs to spend time with his girlfriend is all. He can’t take care of me forever, you know? Anyway, he has a girlfriend. I should leave them alone. My feelings for him should never be known…”

“He promised he would take care of you.”

“Well, that promise is no longer valid because I doubt he remembered anyway.” Taeyeon curtly replied. Ever since he got her.

“Hon-”

“Oppa, just shut up, okay?”

Kibum could hear the strain in her voice.

And for once, he didn’t fight back.

Long conversations cut short,


Three weeks. Three whole ing weeks and he barely talked to her. Heck, he neglected her as if she were a toy that a toddler had no more interest in. The promises he made. All ing broken. Taeyeon felt angry. She wanted to scream at him for being a jerk. I mean, who wouldn’t? Ignoring his best friend just like that. Taeyeon felt hurt – no – hurt was an understatement. What she was feeling now couldn’t be expressed in words. It felt like a knife digging into her slowly. Why was he being this way? Taeyeon knew he needed to spend time with his girlfriend… But to ignore her just like that? Taeyeon hated that.

Every single time she wanted to talk to him, he was busy. When he wanted to call him, he was also busy. Even in school, Minho just brushed her off so that he could carry on the conversation he was having with Yuri. Taeyeon scowled as he saw the couple walking in front of her, walking as Yuri clung onto Minho’s arm. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and walked pass them as quickly as she could. 

“Taeyeon!” Some called out. Taeyeon whipped around. Minho called her. He jogged up to her and grinned. “Wanna hang out later?”

Taeyeon glared at the tall male that was towering over her. “Hang out?” Taeyeon scoffed. “Do I even exist in your eyes anymore or am I just ing invisible?”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Just shut up and go back to that girlfriend of yours, Choi Minho. You don’t need me anymore since you have her.”

With that, Taeyeon just took off, walking as fast as she could, the tears starting to collect at the brim of her eyes. She didn’t want anyone to see the tears. No one had ever seen her cry or scream. Only Minho had. Yuri walked up to her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s. She managed to get Taeyeon out from her boyfriend’s mind within minutes, asking him to bring her out for shopping. Minho gladly complied, the image of Taeyeon angry pushed right to the back of her mind.

 

Attention given will be neglected,


Five months just passed like that. No more text messages, no more conversations, he neglected Taeyeon so much more right now that no one would believe that they were previously best friends. The sweet smile that was always on Taeyeon’s face was now gone and replaced with an emotionless one. Her feelings for the older male was fading with every day that he ignored her. She felt numb and void.

No one dared to question why she as this way since the Almighty Kim Kibum was usually by her side, protecting her as much as he could. Taeyeon was glad that she had friends like Kibum by her side. Kibum had Jonghyun but he had never neglected any of his friends. Not once. Especially Taeyeon. Taeyeon was lucky. She felt lucky since she had a group of real friends that were by her side all these few months when she was depressed. Kim Kibum, Kim Jonghyun and Lee Jinki. Her dear friends that were with her.

As she walked out of school, someone grabbed her. She squealed as the person just carried on dragging her and after a while, she gave up on struggling. Once the person stopped, she angrily turned around and slapped the person.

“WHAT THE HELL!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “.”

Taeyeon turned and walked away, angry but the person grabbed her hand and pulled her back. The person enveloped her in a hug. “W-wha-”

“Can’t your best friend have a hug?” The person asked. Taeyeon froze. That voice. That deep, alluring voice that she used to hear every single day. “You’ve been down these days, are you okay?”

“Best friend?” Taeyeon scoffed. “Am I even acquainted to you?”

“There we go again. That was what you said the last time we ta-”

“Five months.”

“What?”

“Five months. Five ing months since you’ve actually started a conversation with me. I was the one who always wanted to start a conversation with you but you have always refused me. Are we still considered best friends even after I’ve been ing pushed aside? Six months Minho. Six ing months since all of this crap started. And you know what? I want to end it."

"I was busy! You have to under-"

"Busy? Busy with what? That girlfriend of yours? Oh, so you have time for her in your busy schedules and none for me? Really, Choi Minho? Is that what you're trying to tell me?"


“Taeye--”

“I no longer mean anything towards you, don’t I? Apparently I don’t considering how you’ve treated me for the past six months. I doubt you even remember the promises you made with me when we first entered this high school, didn’t you? You broke every single ing one of them.”

“Taeyeon… I-”

“Shut up. From now on, I don’t know you Choi Minho. I don’t want to talk to you, I don’t want to hear you nor do I want to SEE your face. I’m even surprised you dragged me here to try and comfort me for being down.” Taeyeon said, shooting a glare at her once best friend. “It’s awkward knowing that you still care. Well, goodbye.”

Taeyeon left the tall male, staring at her retreating figure, all the things she said seeping slowly into his mind. Once everything was fully registered in his brain, Taeyeon was long gone.

 

Comfort given will be awkward,

Minho stared up at the sky. Taeyeon was right. He did ignore her, he did neglect her and now that she mentioned it, he broke all the promises that they made together. Minho wanted her back, but what can he do now?


And the feeling of being once so close will grow distant.

-

-

Hehehe, how was it? Is it fine? I tweaked it a little compared to the one I posted in livejournal :)

R & R please? I want to see what you guys think of this one-shot!