Chapter 17 - return to the begining

Flashback

 

Yuris POV

 

“The x-ray shows positive result. The place where we did the operation looks clear. It seems to recover very well and there is no blood accumulated near your optical nerve. I will schedule to remove your bandage in the next week”

 

 

“Why can we not remove it today?”

 

 

“You need to wait for the cut to recover completely. We cannot do the sensitive and the reaction test for your eyes yet because it’s risky. The optical nerve is still too weak to function. I know you are eager to find your sight back but the more you get anxious, the more it affects your condition. I advise you to take it easy as the x-ray result is positive. Rest as much as you can.”

 

 

After hearing the last word from the doctor, a nurse helped me to get back into my room. She laid me on bed for the rest of the day. All I could do was waiting and waiting; wait to eat, to sleep, to go to toilet, to eat again and to do nothing but laying on the bed.

 

 

Living in the dark could be a so depressive experience. The darkness, the coldness and the silence of the room gave me the feeling as if I was sleeping in a coffin. If I managed to get of the bed, I would hit the chair, the couch, the table, the wall and etc. It hurt but it was also frustrating because I couldn’t do anything as normally. 

 

 

If I was at home, I could at least have an idea of how stuffs were placed and move around by myself. In comparison to the hospital room, I could not move further than the doorway. I even had to wait for the nurse when I needed to the toilet. But as the doctor said, I should be recovered soon.

 

 

After the dinner time, the hospital shouldn’t be very crowded so I decided to visit Jessica.  The last time I went to visit her; I just stood behind the windows for the whole day. I waited for Jessica to say something so I could guess what she was doing. I wondered if Jessica saw me. But even if she did, I could never read the expression of her eyes again. Whether she was sad or happy, I would never see. Was she sleeping, was she reading or was she looking out of the windows; I had no clue. I heard nothing than the silence beside usually noises of the hospital. Then Krystal tapped on my shoulder and pushed me in the room. I stopped when Krystal released her hands. She asked Jessica “Do you recognize Yuri unnie?” But there was no answer. Krystal told me that Jessica liked to sit on the bed holding her legs up and look out of the windows as if she was waiting for someone, perhaps she hopped her dad would come back.

 

 

Jessica used to be spoiled by her dad and followed him everywhere when she was little. His death was a mental breakdown for her. She witnessed him dying in a car explosion when she was around 4th. Since then, she became timid and could hardly open up to anyone. He mom couldn’t take care of her much, as she was pregnant of Krystal and focused more on work. Jessica felt insecure and left over.

 

 

The first time I met Jessica, I was attracted by her beauty, her icy look and her reserved side. The more I observed her, the more I wanted to discover and to know about her.  So I purposely asked her to borrow a pen and didn’t return it back in order to approach her.  I knew she wanted to ask it back but she was too shy to speak out. It was cute how she looked over my side during the class hour to see if I still had the pen. She also secretly followed me up to my basketball practice. She almost got hit by the ball, but fortunately for me I saved her away. The next day, I decided to sit at the desk beside her and she told me “I had no more pens to lend you.” Someone who didn’t know her may think it was a rude statement but I found it funny. She worried that I would lose another of her pens. It was cute the way she said it out. I told her “Then you need to borrow me your note book, because I have no pen to take note.” That was how I succeeded get closer to her. The more I got to know her, the more I discovered her cute side, her warmness and her softness. There was something about her that made me wanted to protect her, to care about her and to cherish her.

 

 

At the moment I touched the doorway, I heard the loudly sound of thunder from outside. I immediately thought of Jessica because she really scared of that noise; the noise of explosion. So I used the wall as reference to reach the elevator, and asked someone help to press the fifth floor. I went out and turned to the right based on what I memorised when Fany guided me. I remembered that her room was the 6th doorway. As I entered the room, I had no clue if I stepped in the right direction or not. But I told myself that the disposition of the bed should be the same in any hospital room.

 

 

I stepped in and called “Jessica?” My hands were touching only air before I could hit the bed. I called again “Jessica?” but there was no answer. I touched on the bed to see if she was sleeping however it was empty. I wondered if she went out so I called her name another time. Then I heard a sniffing sound. It was somewhere under the bed. I bent down on my knees and touched on the floor in order to move closer to the underneath of the bed. I asked “Jessica? Are you ok?”

 

 

She answered “It’s scary.”

 

 

I heard her sniffing sounds. I could picture that she was crying and sat holding knees over the chest. I reached out my hand so she could hold. I told her “Come. I will stay until you sleep in. Is that okay?” But Jessica didn’t answer or moved out.

 

 

“It’s scarier if you stay under the bed right? It’s too dark under here right” I told her.

 

 

I heard her nose sounds and felt her hand holding mine. I was worried that she would hit the bed on her way out. But then, another thunder hit made Jessica jumped over me. I held her tightly in my arms and pressed on her head to calm her down. I felt relief that she trusted me, that she finally came over me.

 

 

At that moment, I knew that no matter to what she would turn into or if she would not be able to recover for the rest of her life, I would never leave her. I left her in the past and it was the biggest mistake of my life. If it wasn’t because of me, she would never have to go with Yoona. She wouldn’t have to suffer, to feel guilty for what she did and to scarify herself. We would restart at zero if it should be. I will be on her side to care, to protect her.

 

 

 

Yoonas POV

 

That day I came to hospital and saw Jessica playing hide and seek with Yuri in the yard.

 

 

I stopped walking to observe them from far.

 

 

Yuri still had her eyes bandaged so it was kind of the right game. Jessica dodged and giggled when Yuri came closer. She also played joke by running around Yuri to envelope the last one with toilet paper and laughed out loud. That scene made me laughed because of Jessica playfulness; a side of her that I had never seen.

 

 

I realized that it had been a while since I could see the joy on Jessica’s smile. Even though she became a 5 years old kid, she seemed to be happier than before. She definitely had happier moments around Yuri compared to when she was around me. I understand that I was not the one who could make her smile that brightly. At that moment, I stepped back because I wanted to keep that smile on her face in my memory.

 

 

 

Yuris POV

 

“Open your eyes slowly.”

 

 

I followed the doctor’s instruction to open my eyes. I felt hurt when the first ray of light came in my eyes; I closed them up immediately. But it meant I could see. So I tried to open them again. I looked on the floor in order to receive less light. I saw the ceramic square, I saw people feet, I saw someone wearing a white smock then an unfamiliar face asked me “Yuri-ssi, can you see me?”

 

 

“You must be my doctor” I answered.

 

 

He smiled to me and I also smiled back.

 

 

The doctor performed some tests for my eyes and told me that “I think you could be discharged soon”

 

 

I wanted to jump out of joy. I put the tuque on my head. I thanked him and bounced off the chair in order to run out of the room.

 

 

I heard him yelling “Yuri-ssi, you should not run or do any strong activity during the first month”

 

 

I slowed down. I turned to salute him “Neah” but I got bumped into someone.

 

 

The person caught me. I sweated because of nervous.

 

 

The doctor wide opened his eyes to scold me.

 

 

I made a sign to apologize him, and then I stepped in the elevator, pressing the 5th floor by myself. I couldn’t stop hanging the smile on my face.

 

 

The elevator announced the 5th floor. I saw Jessica as soon as the door opened. Krystal was running after and trying to feed Jessica.

 

 

I met Jessica view. I walked out.

 

 

I saw her running toward me, so I stopped walking. She ran and jumped up to hug around my neck, like happy kids when they saw someone they missed after a long time. It had been a while that she hugged me that way.

 

 

I hugged her tightly. No word could describe how happy I was. I rest my head on her shoulder. I wanted to cry out because of happiness. I missed seeing her so much. I pulled off to observe her visage more carefully. She seemed to wonder why I looked at her that long. Her expression was so cute that I couldn’t help to peck on her lips. She innocently looked at me. I hugged her in and carried her toward Krystal.

 

 

I noticed Yoona was looking at us from the door way of Jessica room. She smiled to me as I smiled to her.   

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~(The END)~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

A/N: Alright guys. First of all, thank you so much for following this fic. I though some of you would drop following but I still saw your commenting for every chapter. So, it really motivated me! No I should say you guys gave me the motivation to write even though my busy schedule.

 

Either if you are Yoonsic or Yulsic shipper please don’t say hurtful word toward each other. You have our own right to ship anyone you like and cannot force other parties to follow you right? I personally don’t hate any of these YooYulSic. Jessica is my biaisis, Yoona I love her, Yuri is the smexy dorky random girl LOL XD XD XD

 

Anyway, I have had different endings for this fic like

  1. Yoona got car accident and need to change hearth. Yuri willing to give her hearth to Yoona because Yuri found out that she would die an uncured disease. Yuri selfishly spent last days with Jessica and left the last on without letting the later know about truth. Jessica finally knew about Yuri disease but it was too late. Yuri already died. Jessica remained with Yoona because she carries Yuri’s hearth. But this ending is too cruel for Yoona, if Jessica stayed with Yoona but never love her.
  2. Jessica got accident and forgot about Yoona and Yuri. They both compete to win Jessica back. However this ending led me to a never end fic. I could go on and on for 80 chapters LOL XD
  3. Jessica got accident and forgot about Yuri. She believes Yoona was the one she loved the most.  But this is not a so good ending because one day Jessica will remember everything; she would come back to Yuri since she has loved Yuri deeply.
  4.  Jessica decided to let go of both Yuri and Yoona. Uhm…I don’t think you will like this ending XD
  5. Jessica suicides herself. Too dramatic TT.TT

 

 

 

 

So I think it’s the best to make three of them happy, especially that Yoona could stop hurting herself.  Please don’t get me wrong, don’t hate her. I wanted to build “reality-like” to Yoona’s character. She had a third role, but I think she got the most outstanding character between Yuri and Jessica in this fic. Do you feel it?

 

Anyway wondering if I should make a sequel ??