Chapter Two

Catch Me If You Can

8 months later




Kyuhyun looked in the mirror. His hair was long, longer than it had ever been. It hadn't even been trimmed since he'd been locked up. Every time they offered him a hair cut, he declined. Declaring that he had personal reasons. The prison guards didn't even bother to pretend to be the slightest bit interested in his personal life. He was prisoner 546 and that was all. It was their job to make sure he stayed in line, nothing else. 
And stay in line he did. Kyuhyun kept to himself, it was that way from the day he arrived. He got into no fights and point blank ignored admiring comments from fellow prisoners about his past jobs. He was a very famous guy, people from all areas of the criminal world knew of him, they hadn't known what he looked like or who he was until his last job.
Kyuhyun the tap in front of him, he was in a staff only wash room. 
He took the scissors he held and raised them to the chunk of hair he had in the fingers of his other hand. 
Chop.
The chunk of hair fell to the ground.
Chop.
Another followed.
He carried on until his hair was so much shorter that he didn't even look like the same person.
He smirked at himself. He didn't want to change his hair colour, he quite liked it.
He grabbed the box that was near the door, opening it and pulling out a guards uniform. 
After putting it on, he once again looked at himself in the mirror.
He looked quite handsome, he told himself silently.
The door opened swiftly, snapping him out of his self-admiring thoughts.

"You have 3 minutes Kyuhyun, don't this up" a pale man with dark, shoulder length hair, wearing a guards uniform announced. He was standing in the door way, giving Kyuhyun a matter-of-factly stare. 

"Heechul, this is me we're talking about. Have you forgotten who I am? I don't things up" Kyuhyun stated back, staring just as hard. 

"Yeah well if that was true, your wouldn't be stuck in a cell, with me as your only escape route, now would it?" Heechul said, smacking him lightly on the arm.
He pulled a gun out of his belt handing it to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun laughed.
"Thanks hyung" 

"Wow! I think that's the first time you've actually addressed me as hyung!" Heechul had mock shock written across his face.

"Yeah and it'll be the last" Kyuhyun joked back.

Heechul scowled at him.


He was a prison guard.
He didn't know why he became one, probably because most of the idiots in there had no brains and were just mere thugs, who deserved punishing. Either way, he was there. It was becoming boring he'd thought to himself one day. That was the same day Cho Kyuhyun was sentenced.

Heechul had met Kyuhyun after observing him steal numerous items that until then he'd assumed were 
unattainable. Kyuhyun was surprised when Heechul didn't immediately report him to his superiors. He didn't do anything at all actually, just nod knowingly before laughing slightly as he walked away.
From that day on, they began a strange friendship. Between prison guard and prisoner. 
They didn't talk much, it was more of a helping each other out kind of thing. Heechul would turn a blind eye to Kyuhyun's thefts, let him ditch his work station early and occasionally tip him off on other guards. In return Kyuhyun gave Heechul the satisfaction of watching the other guards reactions to these mysterious crimes. Heechul didn't care for morals and if there was one thing he hated more than anything, it was being bored. 
After one conversation it was decided that Heechul would help Kyuhyun escape. Then came the months of preparation. Kyuhyun let his hair grow out, all the guards then recognising him by his long hair. Heechul stole pieces of guard uniforms every chance he got. He didn't take one at once, it would have caused attention. After four months, he'd gotten a whole one. He'd also been able to attain a gun. Purely by luck, his weapon renewal was due, whilst at the exchange, he swiped one. Grinning devilishly the whole time.


"Okay, so you remember the route right?" Heechul questioned.
"Yes." Kyuhyun simply replied.
"And you know the code for this hour?" Heechul carried on quizzing.
"Yes. Heechul, shut up! Stop worrying" Kyuhyun grabbed his shoulders, shaking him.
"Okay, okay. Now, get off me" Heechul accepted, brushing down his shoulders.

"Good luck..." Heechul smiled "Now hit me!"
"With pleasure" Kyuhyun laughed as he swung his fist back, hitting Heechul hard enough to knock him out.

Kyuhyun exited the room, looking left to right, there was nothing out of the ordinary. He turned right and walked casually until he reached the barred gate. 
1,2,8,9. 
He entered the code. The gate beeped, before clicking open. 
He nodded at a guard across the corridor, who nodded back robotically.
Idiot, he thought to himself. 
He carried on moving, he got to the bottom floor quickly, with no trouble.
This was where the boiler room was located. A fire exit being the only way out from this floor. The fire exit was ironically locked at all times, guards being the only people with the key. Meaning that Heechul had one, which he never used. In all fairness, he hadn't even known where the boiler room was until Kyuhyun had questioned about one. 
Kyuhyun put the key in, breathing slowly. This was the vital moment of the plan, if this went wrong, then he'd be stuck here, for a longer time than originally sentenced. 
He turned the key, then pushed the door open. 
Seconds later, alarm bells started ringing.
There were two directions he could go, left towards a car park or right to an open patch of grass. He knew where he was going, he ran to the car park, spotting the car Heechul had described to him. 
He got in, grabbed the pair of shades left for him on the passenger seat. 
He wound down a window, started the car then drove towards the main car park. 
Once he entered, it was chaos. There were cars driving in all directions, guards running around manically. He stopped near an average looking guard.
"What the hell is going on? Why all the chaos?" Kyuhyun demanded in an authoritative voice.
"A prisoner has escaped, he attacked a guard and got out of one of the fire exits. We're trying to locate him now" The guard informed him, the hint of worry clear in his voice.
"What? Is this how you run your prisons here?! I will be speaking to the prison board! This is ridiculous. Get yourselves together" Kyuhyun growled at him, before driving off, flashing the senior guard pass Heechul had obtained for him, to the security on the exit gate. 

As he drove down the highway, three police cars drove past, sirens blaring. Whilst the guard he'd spoken to a few minutes ago, pondered on how important that senior guard was and whether his job was secure anymore.


***


BANG.
A shot called out.
BANG.
Another one.
BANG BANG BANG BANG.
Several messily aimed shots sounded.

"Damn it, Teuk!!" A platinum blonde haired man called from behind a glass screen.

"Ahhhhh, I'm sorry Hyukjae! I just can't concentrate today" Jungsu groaned back, removing his protective headphones. 
 

"It's like this every day Teuk, jeez! I don't understand how Chief SooMan expects me to teach you anything when you're more occupied with what colour my hair is this week" Hyukjae sighed as Jungsu returned the gun to him. 


"But, you change it all the time! Hyung doesn't recognise you some days!" Jungsu protested.

"That's not the point. You were promoted nearly 8 months ago and you still can't shoot straight" Hyukjae complained.

They were in the police shooting range. Jungsu had been given massive praise for finally arresting the most wanted criminal in the city. He had been given a promotion almost right away, the rest of the force were shocked. Some developed respect towards him from this, others were just purely shocked.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying my best.." He began to whisper.. "It's hard for me, you know that!" 

Hyukjae sighed, Jungsu was his best friend. He'd been pleased after hearing the news of Jungsu's promotion, he was proud of his friends achievement. Hyukjae was a shooting expert, he ran the shooting range and trained all the rookies. Despite his easy going joker nature out of the shooting range, the second he stepped in there, he was completely serious and fully dedicated to his work. Naturally, their station chief Lee SooMan had instructed him to teach Jungsu the ways of the handgun, this so far was proving to be highly difficult.  With Jungsu becoming distracted by the littlest thing, being unable to aim properly and flinching at every shot sounded. Hyukjae was patient, he gave Jungsu lessons every day, despite not much progress.

Jungsu's life had changed. Apart from the extra combat lessons and slightly more officers greeting him at the station, the one thing he enjoyed from this promotion was going out on street jobs. He felt much more useful going out in the police cars, even if he wasn't allowed to drive them. Or lead arrests. Or do much but the coffee runs on stake outs. He didn't care, he was a real police officer now. 

 Hyukjae was about to start an explanation about his precious guns again, when the door opened suddenly. 

."Leeteuk. You're wanted" 
It was Siwon. He sounded urgent and looked even more worried.

"Oh hey Siwon, what's up?" Jungsu greeted him.

"Cho Kyuhyun escaped from prison this morning" Siwon revealed grimly.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry about how short this update is, with all the excitement from 6jib release (YAAAAY) I haven't had time to proof read much but I wanted to post some. So I'll try to update again later tonight. I also feel this part turned out more boring than I wanted :/  Again, sorry for how short it is. But I promise to update longer chapters in future ^^ Thank you for taking time to read.