Chapter 1: A Whole New Year

Seoul Academy for Boys and... One Girl: Senior Year

 

 
 
Chapter 1
 
So… here I was again, it was the beginning of another year and on this day that I was waking up I would be alone to face it. 
“Oh MinYounnnngggg~~~” My Uncle called.
Ok so I wasn’t alone today, although I kind of wished I was. I rubbed eyes as I roughly got out of bed and yawned.
“Mmm?” I mumbled my vision blurry from just waking up.
“Come on can’t be late for your first day of your last year!!!” He announced happily. “it’s the most important year of your life!” 
I blinked a few times looking at him dressed in a frilly apron. 
“Uncle?” I asked.
“MmmHmm?” He said
“Why are you wearing that?” I said walking past him. Then my nostrils flared at the smell of a warm breakfast. 
“A healthy start before I head off to Europe!” He announced. “Now you be good and don’t be late. I am already late for my plane.”
I nodded sitting at the table alone. I watched as my uncle scurried out the door… Apron and all.
 
--
 
Fixing the last touched of my uniform I breathed in a  heavy sigh staring at myself in the mirror. I glanced at the clock and then back at the mirror. I guess  should get going then.
 
Arriving at school and sneaking round the back I had just remembered that I had no idea what class I was in again.
“MinYoung!” I heard a familiar voice. 
It was Onew and Taemin running towards me.
“Did you hear the news Minyoung?” Taemin asked.
I shook my head. “Nope.” 
“Its about classes this year. Its best you go talk to the principle now!” Onew smiled and dragged Taemin away.
I blinked a few times watching them walk off. 
 
--
 
“What?” I asked. 
“Well we created a new class for seniors last year. It was pretty much a secret of some sorts.” The principle explained.
“I get that but what exactly is it again?” I asked.
“We decided that the students amongst the classes with the highest grades would be enrolled into what we might call an ‘elite’ class that offers a more challenging and enlightening curriculum. it’s a smaller class and this year we promise not to change you from class to class again.” He explained.
So I was enrolled into an elite class? I guess this was a great thing but for some reason I just didn’t find it that fair to the other students. 
“What about the other students?” I asked
“Majority of them have no interest in doing more work. Its completely up to you if you want to join but this way we promise not to transfer you into another class.” Well I definitely did not want to do that again. “Besides Minyoung, there are quite a few people in the class that you already know.” He passed me my class slip.
I stared at it for a second. 
E7.….
Great. 
 
--
 
I didn’t exactly know where this classroom was at all so I ended up arriving late. The teacher waved at me when I came in.
“Sorry… I got lost.” I mumbled and ran to a seat. 
The teacher began the lesson and I looked around.
There was Nickhun… not much of a surprise he was pretty smart in that class. I looked beside me and saw Onew he looked up and smiled and waved and I waved shyly back. I was glad he was here if I needed help on school work I knew he’d be the best to ask.
I looked more and practically snorted seeing Jonghun. Oh god I hoped he had matured over the summer. Then there was HyungJong watching the teacher. I briefly looked behind me and saw Eunhyuk who was sleeping on his books. Now that was a surprise… I couldn’t believe he was here.
But then lastly… Which it was a surprise to me. Kyuhyun was sitting looking out the window at the back of the class. I kind of fell into a daze watching him look so relaxed.
“MinYoouung.” Onew whispered and threw a eraser at me. I snapped out of it and blushed.
 
--
 
“How did you end up here Eunhyuk?” I asked.
“Hehe didn’t you ever check who was third on the list after you Minyoung??” He replied and drank some of his juice.
“Ah… I feel self centered now..” I mumbled.
“I didn’t actually improve my grades until after you left the class. I studied a lot more wanting to beat Kyuhyun and I can’t believe I got asked to be in this class either.” He almost snorted in amusement.
That lunch we spent it in the classroom just Eunhyuk, Onew and I
“Onew do you know what’s different about this class?” I asked him.
“The principle explained that it was more challenging and international that the school was going to pay for some international trips and things. My father told me I was accepted into this program before school started.” He said. “It seems like a great opportunity anyways.”
I nodded… It seemed so. 
 
So far this year seemed like it was just going to be studying and well.. Definitely not as eventful as last year. Actually I was praying it wouldn’t be.  But then again I have been wrong before. 
 
I didn’t have auntie or anyone really to rely on this year except myself and I guessed that’s how it should be. I was old enough to take care of myself I should stop being such a baby.
 
“She’s zoning out again.” Onew said.
Eunhyuk nodded. Then a banana peel came hurling towards me. 
BAM!
I blinked coming out of my thoughts noticing the peel on my head. I shook it off and glared at the direction it came from.
“I knew it would be you.” I growled.
“Well you should learn to pay attention to your surroundings. That seems to be the reason you always get yourself into trouble little MinYoung.” Jonghun smirked and walked over to the desks. “Listen-
“I don’t want a  difficult year this time round.” I cut him off. 
“Aren’t you glad were in the same class? You get to see me everyday.” He chuckled a bit. “Im actually here to give you a warning though MinYoung.” Jonghun said and sat down next to me. “And maybe you two should hear this too.”
They both perked up as well.
“What is it?” I asked.
“Well that sweet peas group has started up again.” Jonghun explained. “Jessica graduated last year and is off with her parents in another country preparing to work under them. Im not sure who their new leader is. But Im pretty sure you will be their first target.” He said. 
“I wont let them get at me like they did last time.” I said. It kind of pained me to hear it though.  My heart kind of cringed thinking about my past with them and it got me thinking about Key. Him not being here the whole year was just… well it would be different and I wished him and I could make everything go back to the beginning.
“Don’t worry MinYoung.” A new voice entered the room. “Just because Key isn’t here doesn’t mean the rest of the crew can’t help you out.” Jonghyun said with his beautiful smirk. I watched as Taemin came into the room dragging Minho as well. Gosh I missed them. 
“Im pretty sure I can take care of myself-
“No you can’t” Minho interrupted me. 
“That’s what got you into the big mess last time Minyoung!” Taemin said and took the chocolate from my lunch and began eating it. 
I sighed. “Well I wont be hanging around P5 this year anyways I have a lot of schoolwork and other things I have to concentrate on too.” I grumbled and got up from my desk. “Im taking a walk… and I kind of want to be alone.” 
I don’t know why I was so irritated. Maybe it was what Jonghun said… Or maybe it was just Jonghun himself because just looking at him usually got me annoyed. However, I didn’t want to keep being the damsel in distress that needs saving, I have plenty of strength myself. I sighed again wandering to that familiar place from last year.
I practically slumped on the piano chair and clicked one key.
 
I did not want a repeat of last year. I did not want all that drama… It just seemed inevitable that as long as I was at this school and there was crazy fan girls out there that I would be into this mess.
 
“Hey Loner!” someone yelled at me and I heard a couple of footsteps run in.
“MinYoung what are you doing by yourself?” another asked.
I looked up. It was some of the old O11  class members. Wooyoung, Chansung and my new classmate Nickhun. 
“Howd you find me…” I almost groaned out. 
“Why so grumpy??” Nickhun pinched my cheek. 
“Im not grumpy!” I sneered.
They all had shocked faces. “Sorry..” I mumbled.
“No probs!!!” Wooyoung waved it off. “Come on, lets go to the gym and let some steam off!”
“I actually came out here for some peace.” I replied.
“You’ve had a whole summer of peace!” Chansung said.
“What!? Did you not watch the news! I was Kidnapped!” I argued.
“LETS GOOOO~” Wooyoung grabbed my arm and pulled me. I tried to fight it but Chansung just flipped me over his shoulder and kept walking.
“WHATS WITH EVERYONE AND CARRYING ME LIKE IM SOME TOY!!!” I yelled.
 
--
 
When we arrived in the gym I got plopped down in a chair. The old 011 class was there goofing around. I was a bit at ease just watching them be so light hearted.
Nickhun sat beside me. “Sorry we dragged you here.”
“Mmm.” I mumbled. 
“You just seem very distracted and … I don’t know lonely.” He explained.
“Mmm.” I mumbled again.
“It’s been a while though hasn’t it?” He said.
“Mmm.” I missed this fun crowd.
“I havn’t seen you since Thailand.” He mentioned.
“You’re right!” I practically yelled. 
He gave me a shocked expression. I think I scared him. 
“I should make more of an effort to visit you guys.” I said. “It’s hard you know with all these people.”
“It’s ok Minyoung. Everyone here understands you have your own life. If theres another dance this year. Well let you know.” And he winked at me. “Though if you need any of our beastlyness just let us know.. We know it’s tough living on your own.”
“How do you know?” I asked.
“Well I live alone.. My parents are in Thailand.” He explained.
“Really??” I asked. “Mine are in America.” 
“So if you need any advice come ask me.” He said with that charming smile of his.. I wondered why this group didn’t have their own little fan club… wait.. They probably already did I was just too out of touch with this world to know.
 
--
 
So back at class after lunch I was sitting listening to the teacher go on and on with lessons and when it was about to be the end of class there was an announcement.
“So students.” The teacher announced. “As your first task as seniors of this high school you have a very important job for this years fistival.”
“Festival?” I whispered to Onew.
“Did you miss last years?” Onew asked. “It’s at the beginning of the year every year.” he explained.
“I guess I must’ve.” I replied.
“Every senior class will be coming up with a booth or… entertainment station. And the one that raises the most money will win.” The teacher explained.
“Win what?” Eunhyuk questioned.
“A years worth of groceries.” He replied. I perked up that would really help me out. Since my uncle gave me ‘allowance’ to teach me the meaning of money so I wouldn’t end up a spoiled brat this would certainly give me a break on having to budget everything.
“Not any of us need that?” Jonghun questioned.
“I do.” I replied.
“Then let’s win for MinYoung.” Hyungjong replied and gave me a nice smile. He was always so nice.
“By tomorrow I would like some suggestions on what you want to do for our both. We’re the elite class so let’s be original and win this contest!” The teacher said and the bell left to go home.
 
Some how I knew this wasn’t going to be good.. Because as I was leaving the room I noticed Jonghun had a sadistic smile on…
 
 
-------
A/N
 
 
Hello everyone~ This is the very first chapter of part 2~ It hasn't been too long of a wait has it??? Anyways. Please let me know what you think in the comments below!
 
Question of the day.
 
Who makes or would make the best rival for minyoung?
 
Now that can be anyone ~ And please say why! :D
Thanks for reading!