lunch box and paper crane

Crazy You

 

Just like other day, Kyuhyun always come to school 15 minutes before class start. Today he steps in to the school with phone in his hand, talking to Heechul about some jobs that need to be done soon. Recently the intensity of the jobs was increase crazily, Kyuhyun needs to pull the trigger almost every day, it used to be just 3 per week, even this week he have more than 3 jobs a day. Even now he is on the phone with Heechul, talking about other jobs to do.

“Are you sure you okay kiddo?”

“I’m not sleeping for 3 days and haven’t eaten anything for 2 days, what do you think hyung?” Kyuhyun asked in annoyed tone.

“Yeah, but it’s not what I actually asked, recently you spacing out a lot, you know it is dangerous right? Is this really because of that boy Kyuhyun?”

“How can you get that conclusion Chullie hyung?”

“Oh, you think I’m not noticing when you suddenly smiling when you spacing out? The only new interaction is with that boy! Leave him Kyuhyun! You know it won’t works! You’ll give him nothing but danger if you stay close to him.”

“Stop it hyung, I don’t have any feelings for him and I’m done with that tutorial.”

“You know we just want to protect you Kyuhyunnie, that’s our promise to him.” Heechul soften his voice.

“I know hyung.”

“So is it okay if I add one more in your schedule for tomorrow?”

Kyuhyun groan, “Really Chullie hyung, I don’t want to do that, ask Hangeng hyung or other, I need a sleep.” Kyuhyun said and end the conversation. He rubbing his forehead when entering the class, his head is in a terrible headache, he go to his chair by the window when he sees a lunch box on his table. On top of the lunch box, a paper crane was placed; it’s white, too big in Kyuhyun opinion and has unsymmetrical wing size. He put his book and sit in his chair, he take the paper crane while give the lunch box a weird look. He examine the paper crane, he can see something was written in the inside, so he unfold the paper crane and find a sort of letter,

 

Hi Kyuhyun,

 

I think I never see you eating and you are so skinny,

So please eat the lunch box, my hyung prepare it for you and it’s really good.

Just consider it as a peace offer, since I think we never in the good term with no reason why.

So please enjoy the lunch box.

 

Changmin.

 

PS: I talked to my dad about my detention and he already asked Lee Songsengnim to put you as my fixed tutor (in case you haven’t heard). So see you this afternoon. ;)

 

Kyuhyun groaned and turn his head to Changmin direction only to find Changmin staring at him with his dorky smile. He about to stand up and walk to Changmin place when the teacher comes, so he postponed his purpose and start to open his book.

In lunch break times, Kyuhyun can’t find Changmin in the class since he sleeps in the last hour of lecture. He know that Changmin is in the canteen with his friends but talk to him in such a crowded place definitely not a good things, Changmin fans will give him a problem, he already got some with them just because he’s Changmin tutor. That’s one of the reasons why Kyuhyun want to stop tutoring Changmin, he already got enough troubles in his life, and he doesn’t need this stupid stuff from retard people bothering him.

Kyuhyun groan when his stomach grumbles demanding for food. He hasn’t eaten anything from yesterday morning. He sees the lunch box and thinks for a while, “maybe it is okay if I eat it, just this time”. So Kyuhyun open the lunch box, amazed with the food inside and start eat. When he finished, he take some of his paper for paper crane and write something before fold it into crane form and put it on Changmin table.

After lunch break Changmin back to his class, he is a bit annoyed, his hyungs really can’t close their mouth when he came to them for lunch. “How was his reaction? Did he like the meal? Did you talk to him? Did he tell you something?” was all his hyungs asked, and after he said he hasn’t talk to Kyuhyun because the teacher already came, they start to pour him with advises. He combs his hair with his hand in frustrated ways when he notices a small red paper crane on the corner of his desk, almost covered by books and pencil case. Changmin smile start to bloom, he take it and plays the paper crane with his finger. It’s small and tidily made, at first Changmin a bit hesitant to open it, he doesn’t want to ruin it, but he’s too curious to know if Kyuhyun wrote something inside of it, since it was his habit. When Changmin unfold the paper crane, he already smiles from ear to ear, it only one word Kyuhyun wrote but it’s enough to make butterfly flies in his stomach. He put the paper in some page of the book,

 

Thanks

 

And decide to pay some attention to the teacher.

______________________________________________

It just likes another day while Changmin wait happily for his detention time with Kyuhyun, but today Changmin feel a little bit nervous maybe because all the warnings and advises his hyungs gave him. When he hears the door open, he turns his head to see Kyuhyun come in. Kyuhyun looks tired this day, dark circle bellow his eye and he get paler. Kyuhyun stares at him with slightly annoyed look,

“You always get what you want, huh?” he asked while approaching Changmin table.

“Huh? What you mean?” Changmin asked and only get Kyuhyun’s rolling his eyes as an answer. “Oh, is it about you as my tutor? Well, since my score is getting well, my dad found no reason to stop this tutorial/detention thing.” Changmin answered calmly.

“Whatever Shim. Open page 95, please.” Kyuhyun said while he opens his book.

Changmin hesitantly open his book. When they end the study, Changmin peeking to see Kyuhyun half sleep.

“So, do you like the lunch?”

“What? Ah, yes, thank you for that. But you don’t need to do that, I can take care of myself.”

“It’s okay, Jae hyung always make tons of food, so share some with you is not a problem.” Changmin said with warm smile.

“No.” Kyuhyun said firmly and start walking away.

“Wait!” Changmin stand and catch Kyuhyun wrist, “Can we be friend?” Changmin asked with puppy eyes.

Kyuhyun groaned in frustration, “Really, what’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing, just want to be your friend.”

“Okay, we are friend. Now can you let go of my hand? I need to go now.”

“Okay then, see you tomorrow Kyuhyun.”

“Ya, ya, see you Shim.”

With that Kyuhyun leaving the class, leaving Changmin that still smiles ear to ear.

__________________________________________

For the next couple weeks Kyuhyun have to deal with Changmin wittiness. At the start Changmin constantly giving Kyuhyun the lunch box with message in the paper crane and Kyuhyun insist in rejecting all lunch boxes and everything else, either with talking directly to Changmin or from other paper crane message. It feels too childish when they keep sending message inside the paper crane. Since we are friend now, let’s eat together, please eat you looks not healthy, smile would you, are you tired?, Jae hyung will kill me if you don’t eat the lunch box, should I come there and feed you? . Those are some messages that Changmin wrote for Kyuhyun this entire week. Actually Changmin quite enjoying it since this mean he has a steady conversation with Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun keep returning the lunch box until in the end of the week Jaejoong himself came to their class and talked to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun don’t have choice other than said he will eat the lunch box Jaejoong made since it will cause another troubles if he say no, everyone knew how crazy Jaejoong fans are.

Other progressing that Changmin made was the conversation when they do the tutorial/detention stuff is getting better. Now days Changmin can casually ask about what game Kyuhyun like to play or what he don’t like to eat. They found that they have many things in common, especially in video gaming and watching movie. Changmin once asked about Kyuhyun personal life, but Kyuhyun brushes it off instantly. Changmin also tried to asked Kyuhyun out couple times but always get rejection from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun even said no when Changmin asked him to have lunch together with his hyungs, but other than that everything went smoothly fine. Changmin starts to showering Kyuhyun with his care and kindness (well, Changmin is a charming person after all).

 

It’s one of the afternoons that Changmin wait happily in the class. Kyuhyun come to him in a hurry, “Sorry I forget to ask you whether it’s okay if we cancel today detention? I have things to do.” He asked while packing his stuff.

“You leave me with no choice Kyu, what’s up?”

“Nothing Min, it just, today is a special day for me.” Kyuhyun smile bitterly but Changmin don’t catch that.

“Oh, okay then, see you tomorrow Kyu.”

“Thanks Min, see you.”

When Kyuhyun leave Changmin looking around and decide to tail Kyuhyun. He immediately packs his stuff and run to parking lot. Luckily there are not many people in school so Changmin can easily find Kyuhyun without being distract with his fan club. He still can see Kyuhyun heading to his car. He gets to his car and start to following Kyuhyun’s car from a proper distant. He has no idea where Kyuhyun heading for, but Changmin is too curious to stop. When Kyuhyun stop in front of flower shop to buy a bouquet of white roses Changmin starts to get nervous, what if Kyuhyun going to meet his girl/boyfriend was the first thing come to Changmin mind. He keeps tailing Kyuhyun until they arrived in small church near the end of the city. “Why Kyuhyun go to this place?” Changmin wondering.

He sees Kyuhyun go out from his car, with the white rose’s bouquet and his bag and go inside the church. Changmin looking to the surrounding area, he can see another luxury car parked near there and it seems that there is no activity in the church. After waiting for 30 minutes and finds no body walks out from the church, Changmin decide to go inside. He opens the church door slowly and only finds an empty prayer hall. Changmin don’t see Kyuhyun anywhere there. So Changmin start to walk around the prayer hall, he was standing near the altar when he heard foot step.

“You don’t look like you come here to pray child. Are you lost?” The priest asked Changmin.

“Sort of father, actually I get hear while following my friend, but now I can’t find him.” Changmin gives an awkward smile.

“Well, nothing happens without purpose my child. Why you not pray with me first since you already here.” The priest said while makes a gesture for Changmin to follow him. After praying for couple of minutes, they seat in one of a row in the hall,

“Why you followed your friend until here? Did he do something wrong to you?”

“No, father, it’s more like I’m curious about him. I care about him.” Changmin said while looking to the floor. “But it seems he don’t want me near him, even though he looks so feeble. I want to help him, I want to be his pillar, and I want to ease his pain.”

“Come with me child, but be quite.” The priest then stands and starts to walk to the back of the church when they reach the graveyard, Changmin can see there are three people there, two men standing side by side the taller one hugging the smaller, and one person on the ground crying desperately. Near the tombstone white roses and couples jar of paper crane was placed. Changmin want to go there when the priest hold him. “It’s better not to get to close, let him be. Kyuhyun have a hard time when he passed away. It’s been two years but seems like Kyuhyun haven’t let him go.” The priest walks to the other side, it’s closer than before, but still not invading the privacy of the three persons. Changmin can hear what Kyuhyun say from a place he stands now.

“Why you leave me hyung? You promised me you won’t leave.” Kyuhyun still crying while hugs the tomb. “Why hyung? I’ll be a good boy. Just don’t leave me hyung.”

Hearing everything Kyuhyun said make Changmin hearts ached, who was this guy? Why he is so important to him? The entire question was come to Changmin head.

“You better go now child, Kyuhyun will be here until tomorrow, he won’t move until he fall asleep there.” The priest path Changmin shoulder “We’ll take care of him, you don’t have to worry.” The priest adds when he sees Changmin worry face.

When he already in the door of the church,

“Thank you for letting me in father.” Changmin said while smiling, “Thank you for trusting me seeing Kyuhyun today.”

“You are welcome my child, I just feel that you really care about him, that you can be trust to take care of him, sooner or later. Just let the time heals his wound first.”

“May I know whose tomb is that father?”

“It’s Choi Siwon.”

 

______________________________________________________

Hello,

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment

I want to ask, do you feel it jump too fast?

Should I describe more about their interaction?

I need a feed back T.T

btw, even it's late, happy chuseouk and foundation day every one!!! ^^~