Part 1

Key's Birthday...Disaster?

 

“Are you serious!? How could we forget!?”

“What are we going to do, hyung?” Jonghyun demanded, looking at Onew. Taemin and Minho focused their gaze on Onew too, looking to him for answers.

Onew shifted uncomfortably. Sometimes he hated being the leader…because everyone expected him to know everything.

“Um…we…” He stuttered, not even having the slightest idea of what to do.

“Omo!” Minho cried, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation.

Jonghyun slapped his hand to his forehead and shook his head. “We’re doomed!”

“Hey!” Onew cried, crossing his arms. “You try making decisions around here on the spot!”

“…Why don’t we…make a cake?” Taemin suggested timidly, wringing his hands.

He could feel the tense atmosphere already.

Minho brightened at Taemin’s suggestion and grinned at him, ruffling his hair.

“Brilliant! We can make a cake and stuff! We can have a surprise party!”

“Alright!” Jonghyun cried, hope returning to his eyes.

“Nice thinking, Taem.” Onew smiled at Taemin. “Okay now…let’s split up into groups. Taemin and Minho, why don’t you guys go shopping for the decorations? Jonghyun and I will stay here and clean!”

Jonghyun yelped.

“C-Clean?! Why do we always get stuck cleaning while the maknaes have fun?” He protested loudly, much to the amusement of the other three. “It’s Hello Baby all over again!”

Onew held his hand to his mouth and whispered loudly. “We’re not really going to clean! We’re just going to make the cake and food!”

Jonghyun’s nose scrunched. “Um…hyung? You know we can’t cook…right?”

Onew ignored him and turned to the group as a whole. “Okay! We have till three o’clock. SHINee, move out!”

“Sir yes, sir!” The three of them called, somehow managing to maintain a straight face while holding their hands up to their foreheads in mock salute.