WHAT

The Snow Terror

It snowed a foot overnight. When they woke up, Tao and Kris went out to play. First, they made snow angels. Then they had a snowball fight and Tao hit Kris in his earlobe with a large sticky iceball. It hurt a lot, but Tao kissed it and then it was all better.

Then they decided to make a snow man.

"Do you wanna build a snowmaaan?" Kris sang.

"Why don't we make a snow woman instead?" Tao suggested. "That would be more reasonable and politically correct."

"Maybe next time," Kris said. 

"C'mon," Tao said. "We can make a snow oprah. That way, we don't have to worry about gender politics."

So they rolled the snow up quickly and made an ugly snow oprah. Tao put on a nosehair for the scarf. The oprah was almost as big as Kris.

"It looks sloopy," Tao said creepily. "But it seems like it's missing something."

"Here," Kris said and held up a laynicorn egg. "I found this in the amazon jungle." He put the egg onto the oprah's head.

It was perfect... for about a minute. Then the oprah, even though it was just made of snow, started to move and growl like a buffalo.

Kris screamed unattractively and ran but the snow oprah chased him until he tripped over a tree root. Then the snow oprah angrily greeted him breathily.

"Nobody does that to my little Honey Dumpling!" Tao screamed. He grabbed an icicle and stabbed the snow oprah through the forehead. It fell down and Tao wushu'd it apart until it was just a bunch of snow again.

"You saved me!" Kris said and they shared an embrace in the snow before going in for hot chocolate.

The magical laynicorn egg lay in the yard until an unattractive child picked it up and took it home.