~One~

The Brother I Never Had

If you haven't already, please read the foreword, because it is the beggining of the story ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

‘’Joonie-hyung! It’s not fair, you know I can’t climb there!’’

 

‘’Do I look like I care? Today, it’s my 10th anniversary, so I’m going to do whatever I want! I’m almost a teenager now; I am more responsible than you! At 6, I couldn’t climb trees either you know!’’

 

‘’Yah! I’m almost 7, so stop saying I’m not responsible! I can do all the things that you do!’’

 

‘’Fine, if you’re as good as you pretend, come with me!’’

 

Cheol Yong looked at how tall the tree was and hesitated for a second. They were playing in the field, as usual, so if he fell down that tree, it would take at least 10 minutes for his hyung to go back home and come back with some help. He was always calculating those kinds of things before doing dangerous things. That was just the way he had been educated.

 

‘’Being prudent again, Mireu? If you always do as dad say, you’ll never do anything in your life! You, coward!’’

 

The older boy’s insult succeeded because Cheol Yong started almost immediately to climb.  Chang Sun looked at his little brother and couldn’t help but smile, seeing how determinate he was. Though he teased Cheol Yong a lot, he knew he truly loved him and that his brother loved him too. They would always be there for each other, in good as well as in bad times, whatever situation they would have to face, just because they were brothers. Chang Sun had sworn to himself to always protect his brother, no matter what, and he intended to keep his promise forever.

 

A sound of something breaking and a scream took the older boy out of his thoughts. He looked down and saw, just under him, Cheol Yong, desperately grabbing a branch. His legs were moving fast, trying uselessly to find somewhere to hang on. Chang Sun didn’t think twice and jump off the tree. He opened his arms, ready to catch up the little boy.

 

‘’Let go, Mireu, I’ll catch you!’’

 

‘’But, h-hyung, what if you miss me?’’

 

‘’I won’t baby, so let go!’’

 

Cheol Yong was really scared. If Chang Sun didn’t catch him, he would surely be badly hurt. But he trusted his hyung, so he did as what he was told: he closed his eyes and let go of the branch.

 

The little boy waited for the impact with the ground, but it never came. When he opened his eyes, he saw his hyung holding him in his arms and smiling brightly.

 

‘’See, I told you I would catch you!’’

 

Probably due to the stress of his adventure, Cheol Yong started to cry. The older boy sat down against the tree and tightened his hold on his little brother.

 

‘’Shh, it’s over now. Everything is going to be alright baby.’’

 

‘’D-don’t call me b-baby, I’m n-not…’’

 

‘’I know, I know, you’re not a baby anymore. But for me, you’ll always be!’’

 

When he started to hear quiet snores, Chang Sun realized Cheol Yong had fallen asleep on his legs. He passed a hand in his younger brother’s hair.

 

‘’Sleep well baby. As long as we’re together, everything is going to be alright.’’

 

Not long after, Chang Sun also fell asleep. They stayed there for the rest of the evening, quietly sleeping.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

When the two boys came back home, their father was waiting for them, which was strange, because normally, the man would never do anything to show that he loved them. But that day was different.

 

‘’Daddy!’’

 

Cheol Yong ran toward his dad and hugged him. As usual, the man didn’t responded to his younger son’s embrace and simply glared at the older one.

 

‘’Chang Sun-ah. We need to talk. Follow me.’’

 

‘’Can I come too, daddy?’’

 

‘’No, Mir, you have to go help your mother with the dinner.’’

 

‘’Ok!’’

 

The little boy jumped happily in the kitchen’s direction.

 

As for Chang Sun, he stayed there and looked at his dad, without any emotions. For as long as he could remember, he had always hated his dad, though Cheol Yong was almost in adoration toward the old man. Maybe it was because he had never loved them and it was obvious, so Chang Sun had just returned the feelings. But he still followed his father in his office. He couldn’t have guess that what was about to happen would change his life forever.

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

After finishing preparing the dinner, Cheol Yong went to find for his brother and father to bring them to the dining room. He searched for a while before he heard loud voices coming from his dad’s office.

 

‘’Still, how could you?! He was just a little baby! You’re a monster!’’

 

‘’Chang Sun, you have to understand.’’

 

‘’No, I’ll never be part of your gang! Do you hear me? NEVER!’’

 

Cheol Yong knew at that moment that he shouldn’t be there. He should run away and tell his mom that they would come soon. But his fear prevented him from moving. It was the first time of his life that he saw his older brother so angry.

 

‘’You don’t have a choice, Chang Sun. One day, you’ll take my place so you have to be prepared.’’

 

‘’You can go die!’’

 

‘’Where did you learn to talk like that at only 10? Aishh, any way, it will be useful when you’ll meet the members if you’re already so confident.’’

 

‘’Are you deaf? I said I wouldn’t go!’’

 

‘’And you know what will happen if you don’t…’’

 

Nobody said anything for a while and Cheol Yong tried to understand what was going on, but nothing came to his mind.

 

‘’Fine, I’ll do whatever you want. But don’t you dare touch him!’’

 

‘’Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to him.’’

 

Cheol Yong heard a loud ‘’bang’’ followed by footstep coming towards the door. He took a step back, afraid to be found.

 

‘’Oh, and Chang Sun.’’

 

The footstep stopped.

 

‘’Don’t tell him anything alright?’’

 

The boy didn’t say anything and just aggressively opened the door. When he saw Cheol Yong and how afraid he was, Chang Sun took him to their shared bedroom and asked him questions.

 

‘’Were you there the whole time?’’

 

‘’No, just at the end…’’

 

‘’And what did you heard exactly?’’

 

‘’You were yelling at daddy. You said he was a monster.’’

 

‘’You came at that moment?’’

 

Cheol Yong nodded. Chang Sun sighed. He was relieved that the young boy hadn’t heard anything important from the conversation or else… He shook his head, not wanting to think about what would have happen.

 

“I’m sorry to have scared you Mireu. I swear it won’t happen again.’’

 

‘’Did daddy did something bad?’’

 

Chang Sun bit his lips.

 

‘’No, he didn’t. I was just angry for nothing… Come here.’’

 

The younger boy came nearer his brother and he snuggled against Chang Sun’s chest. The latter hugged the little boy tightly.

 

‘’I’m so sorry Mireu. Just forget about it ok?’’

 

‘’Neh… But wait, what is a gang?’’

 

‘’It’s nothing, just a group of friend with whom you have meetings. Don’t worry about that baby…’’

 

‘’I’m not a…’’

 

‘’A baby, I know. But I already told you that for me you’ll always be one.’’

 

‘’Hyung… I think mom is waiting for us to go eat…’’

 

‘’Oh, really… Well, we better go then…’’

 

Both of them went to the dining room. During the whole dinner, everybody ate silently. When everyone was done, the two brothers went to their room and lay down on their bed. But none of them slept that night. They both knew that nothing would ever be the same.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone ^^ ouff, first chapter's out :O I hope you like it! ^^ I wrote it like in 2 hours straight, because I was really inspired ^^ So if you like it, let me know :D any way, next chapter will come soon, don't worry ^^

until next time, remember to have fun ^^

byebye ^^ <3