My White Lie and My Sudden Proposal

Lies

Seohyun sat quietly as she ate some of her goguma (Sweet potato) out of a bag, which was placed on her lap. At the moment, she was on the rather large set of WGM (We Got Married).  Not that Seohyun really wanted to be of course. She rather be anywhere but here. Anywhere else she would be very happy. She hated to be here. If only she could fly away to a foreign place. Of course though, if that foreign place was with her boyfriend, the maknae of Super Junior called 'Cho Kyuhyun', she would definitely be much happier.

Her gentle eyes slowly gazed into the distance to see her fake husband, Jung Yonghwa, the leader or C.N Blue, on the other side of the WGM set, discussing something seemingly important with his manager. Seohyun just couldn't deny it, Yonghwa was handsome yes. She acknowledged that fact. He had sharp features, a loving gaze, deep eyes, a rather good physique and so much more... Not to mention his sweet and caring personality, unique and strong voice which was complimented by a pretty smile...but... still though, it wasn't enough for Seohyun. Being handsome, talented or anything else wouldn't earn him a spot in her heart.

How to get a spot in Seohyun's heart? There's only one way and it is absolutely impossible for anyone to do. It doesn't include being smart, it doesn't include money or any sorts, it doesn't include gifts and it definitely doesn't include being healthy. Okay, yes, some of those things were the features Seohyun wanted in a man, but even if someone had all those things, they still wouldn't manage to steal Seohyun's heart. The only way to get her heart was to simply be him and him alone. Cho Kyuhyun. That was how to get Seohyun's heart, and that was impossible.

Seohyun only loved Kyuhyun. Her heart was his. Without a doubt, Seohyun loved Kyuhyun more than anybody else on Earth. Even if hundreds or thousands of men lined up just to see her, none of them would be able to fit her standards. They wouldn't be able to even reach it. What was her standard? It's quite simple actually. Her standard was Kyuhyun. If it wasn't Kyuhyun, there was no point for her to love in the first place. The reason she learned love was because of Kyuhyun, nothing more than that.

Kyuhyun taught Seohyun the joy of love.

Kyuhyun taught Seohyun the pain of love.

Kyuhyun taught Seohyun sweet taste of love.

Kyuhyun taught Seohyun the bitter sensation of love.


One of the staff and crew members suddenly walked up to her and handed her a couple sheets of paper. Seohyun stared at the papers in their hand for a couple seconds before realising what they were. It was the script. Yes, WGM was actually scripted. Much to the surprise of fangirls who think it's real. Seohyun stood up from her chair and bowed in thanks without opening . She didn't want to talk at all right now.

Seohyun simply sighed to herself. She couldn't control the current situation. Oh, how she hated it. Seohyun hated the fact she was forced by SMent to be married (even though it's fake) to somebody who she had no feelings for. Seohyun hated the fact that the glittering ring on her finger did not belong to her beloved boyfriend. Seohyun hated the fact that she was wearing her wedding dress without her lover by her side. Seohyun hated the fact that Yonghwa was not Kyuhyun. If he were, then Seohyun would have been so happy. Sadly, that's not the case.

Right now, she was in her wedding dress at the set of a photoshoot. Her dress beautiful, pure white, nicely decorated, perfectly fitting and flowing to the floor with all sorts of accesories. Her make-up was rather well done and her hair was very elegant, having a beautiful style. It would haveseemed like a dream to any girl....but... something just wasn't right about it for Seohyun. Something was missing from the picture.This was not her dream. Seohyun looked around. Everything seemed rather perfect. Her chingus, unnies and sunbaes were all there. On the other side, a handsome and pretty man was waiting for her. Yonghwa, the leader of C.N Blue, a flower boy, a great actor and a very good singer. He was seemingly perfect man. Doesn't that seem so perfect to you?  To most girls, it would be. Not Seohyun though.

Everything seemed perfect, that was true... but... the only bad thing was that it just wasn't the right man standing by her side. Defintely not.

The man Seohyun wished to be by her side was Cho Kyuhyun. The maknae of Super Junior. The very person who would bully her all the time. The very person who wouldn't hesitate to risk his life for her. The very person who smiled at her so gently. The very person who would make her absolutely insane. The very person who would tell her the he loved her. Yes, that was the person Seohyun wanted by her side. Not a prince. Not a flower boy. Not a kind. Not a perfect boy.... Just Kyuhyun.

With a pained expression, Seohyun heard her phone vibrate. It was a text message... from Kyuhyun? With her sparkling eyes widened in shock and surprise, she checked it.

To: Joohyun
You're getting married to someone... without me? Goguma Princess, I can't believe you decided to get married to someone who isn't me! What am I supposed to do without you???... I'm only joking Hyunnie, don't begin to panic. Anyway, I'm waiting outside the building for you, hurry up and meet me~.
P.S. I love you
~
From: Kyuhyun


A smile crept up to Seohyun's lips. She looked around to see if anyone was watching her. Once she knew that it was safe, Seohyun rushed out the door in a wedding dress and a excited look in her eye. Seohyun ran as fast as she could to meet Kyuhyun, ignoring the stares of the people around her. There were both stares of awe and stares of awkwardness.

"Oppa!" Seohyun yelled as she finally saw Kyuhyun standing there. Kyuhyun turned his head, his eyes widened slightly. Seohyun smiled at him happily, he couldn't help but smile back.

"Joohyun-ah. You're here." Kyuhyun smiled as he widened his arms, welcoming Seohyun into an embrace. Without a second thought, Seohyun wrapped her arms around him, being drawn into a warm and tight hug.

"Kyuhyunnie oppa! I missed you so much! I spent the entire time thinking about you!" Seohyun exclaimed with her head pressed against Kyuhyun's chest, a smile still plastered on her lips. Kyuhyun chuckled slightly.

"Really? The entire time you were thinking about me? What about your husband? Did you give any though about him?" Kyuhyun asked in a somewhat jealous yet joking manner. Seohyun pouted.

"Oppa, don't be like that. You know that he's not my real husband. It's only a show." Seohyun mumbled as she reluctantly let go of Kyuhyun. They shared a warm gaze of silence before speaking.

"Then why are you wearing his ring on your finger?" Kyuhyun asked persistently, Seohyun glared at him slightly. Even though Kyuhyun found it amusing to tease Seohyun, he was also secretly jealous.

"I'm wearing it because if I don't, I'll end up being badmouthed by C.N. Blue fans." Seohyun pouted as she hugged Kyuhyun once agian, Kyuhyun almost immediately returning it.

"Then, Goguma Princess, tell me, who is your real husband?" Kyuhyun asked as Seohyun smiled at him. Kyuhyun already knew the answer to this question, but, he wanted to hear it again and again.

"Well, if oppa really wants to know, it's you." Seohyun smiled. Kyuhyun was jealous, yes... but, since he knew Seohyun did love him, he would try to tame that jealousy and anger of his.

"Out of curiosity, did he ever actually propose to you?" Kyuhyun asked as he and Seohyun parted their bodies. Seohyun shook her head from side to side, rejecting the idea.

"Of course not. Like I said before, he's not my real husband and it's only a show." Seohyun spoke as Kyuhyun smiled to himself. Seohyun raised a brow at her oppa.

"Good. I want to be the first person who proposes to you." Kyuhyun said rather bluntly as he took out a smallbox from his pocket. Seohyun's eyes widened in surprise. Was this... really Kyuhyun proposing to her?

"E-Eh? What are you talking about oppa? Are you joking?" Seohyun asked rhetorically as Kyuhyun bent down onto one knee, he grabbed Seohyun's hand and held it.

"I often joke about marrige Hyunnie, but not this time. This time, I'm serious." Kyuhyun spoke as Seohyun gave a shocked and somewhat happy look. Was this a dream?

"A-Are you proposing to me?" Seohyun asked. Kyuhyun simply smirked at her. This wasn't well planned, but fairly reasonable. After seeing Seohyun become the 'wife' of someone else, he became annoyed. Thus, he decided to propose. Kyuhyun knew they couldn't have a wedding any time soon, but, at least they were going to get married in the future.

"If you keep listening to me, then you'll know... Well, I really didn't plan anything special for this either... but, I really don't want you to marry anyone else. I won't be able to stand it if you do. I want to be the person who ends up marrying you. So, I decided to propose to you. I know we won't be married any time soon though, but at least I can proudly saw we will get married in the future. I love you Joohyun, marry me." Kyuhyun seemed to cut the question out of it. As he spoke, it sounded like a demand.

Kyuhyun opened the box to reveal a small diamond ring; not very fancy or large because Kyuhyun knew Seohyun didn't like things that flashy things. It wasn't perfect, but it definitely worked. Seohyun stared for a moment before letting out a smile.

"... You didn't even ask me to marry you, it's like you're ordering me..." Seohyun smiled with a slight laugh as she felt her eyes water. It wasn't how she imagined getting proposed to. It wasn't great, but it was the best.

"Well, I didn't think you'd say no to me." Kyuhyun stated bluntly as he stood up, taking out a tissue and wiping the water slowly coming out of Seohyun's sparkling eyes.

"Of course I wouldn't say no! Definitely, it's a yes." Seohyun smiled as Kyuhyun hugged her. He gently took her hand and removed the silver ring which Yonghwa had given to her and threw it onto the ground. Not that Seohyun cared of course. This ring was much more important. Seohyun smiled as she saw Kyuhyun slip the ring on.

With a sweet smile, they closed the distance with a soft and delicate kiss. It was sweet and gentle, the feeling warming them. They missed the feeling, not often could they do this. After a couple seconds, they parted lips; the sensation lingering on them.

"You probably need to go now, I'll wait for you after the filming." Kyuhyun smiled as Seohyun smiled back before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

—------------

Seohyun stared at Yonghwa during the filming as scripted and pretended to be in love with him. Her heart was pained slightly. While she was taking all these wedding pictures with him, Kyuhyun's ring was on her finger. The feeling of his kiss lingered on her lips, her finger was throbbing.

It just all felt so wrong.

...
...
...


"Do you really like him?" Asked one of the staff. Seohyun bit her lip before responding.

"Of course!" Seohyun exclaimed with a fake smile.

Sometimes, lying is the best option.