Make Love

Make Love

Kim Jin-Young is a good friend of Kwon Jiyong since forever. Yes, Kwon Jiyong or the famous G-Dragon, leader of Big Bang. And, yes, Big Bang as in one of the mightiest Korean band ever.

Kim Jin-Young is just an ordinary girl who happen to be Jiyong's same-age-neighbor and went to the same elementry school. She's just a girl who graduated early from an art school in Seoul and now is working as a young teacher in one of Korea's foremost ballet school.

At night, she will go to her small hidden restaurant somewhere in Seoul that she's been working with some friends lately. The restaurant is quiet and peaceful, their customers love that kind of situation.

On some nights, five minutes after her arrival, she can catch a sight of Jiyong on the corner of the restaurant, drinking his coffee and working with his papers. He will look up to see across the room, smiling at her and waiting for her to be finished talking about some things with her friends. Sometimes, he brings along s, friends, and their staffs. Their laughs will echo throughout the small but comfortable space. Nobody really bothers them or asking for their signs. Although some customers are their fans and often come to the restaurant only to see them, but they don't really want to disturb their leisure time. 

Jin-Young always comes to his table and spend her time with him for the rest of the night, talk about everything.

Talk. That's the only thing they've been doing for years. Talk about their worries, their problems, their happiness, their feelings. Only with talk, Jin-Young could calm Jiyong down when he got into his scandals. Only with talk, Jiyong could make sure that Jin-Young cried her problems out when her parents got divorced. Talk relieves them. Talk makes them laugh and cry. Talk makes them closer and closer than ever. Talk makes them know each other, inside and outside.

That all goes the same tonight.

Jin-Young walks through the glass door while carrying her pointe shoes on the left hand and LV tote bag Jiyong bought her when he went to Japan a year ago on the right hand.

After a few steps toward the counter, she can hear Seungri yelling. She tilts her head to her right side and sees five guys sitting in a round table. TOP who sits between the maknae and Daesung, are playing with Seungri's hair which is the reason of his yell. Daesung is only smiling at the two. Jiyong sits in the middle of Daesung and Youngbae, giving the two dorks his small laugh. And Youngbae finally decides to join TOP torturing the maknae.

The restaurant does not have many customers at the time because it is Monday and already passed 8 o'clock. There are only those five guys and a couple on the other side of the restaurant.

Seungri is the first one to realize that Jin-Young is watching them. He waves at her excitedly. "Oh! Noona!" He looks at Jiyong in front of him. "Hyung, it's noona!"

Jiyong turns his head and smiles. The other three look at her and wave too.

Jin-Young waves back at them. Then, she looks at Jiyong and points to the counter while mouthing "I'll be there". Jiyong nods. Jin-Young continues her walk to the counter.

Once she arrives at the counter, her friend, Ki, greets her. "How's your day?" she asks.

"Fine. The girls' showcase is in two days. I think I'll be spending my day in the hall tomorrow for the last preparation," she replies while sitting down and putting her shoes on the counter table.

Ki shakes her head. She takes the shoes and puts them under the table. "Does that mean you're not gonna be here tomorrow?"

"Yes." Jin-Young nods. She rubs her neck and cracks her neck. She stretches her arms. And she hears them laughing again. "How long they've been here?" she asks to Ki.

Ki shrugs. "An hour before you, I think. Daesung said they just landed from Japan and they went here right away," she said while cleaning the counter table.

Jin-Young laughs.

Ki looks at her in confuse. "What?"

"Nothing," she said, holding her laugh, "it's just so funny how you're talking so casually about Daesung said something to you. I mean, he's a famous person and you said it like he's just like your ordinary friend. Maybe you're not normal."

Ki throws her cloth to Jin-Young which makes her laughing even more. "What's that supposed to mean? Everyone here has been used to have them around. So, don't tell me I'm not normal. Beside, I never really like Big Bang. For your information, I am not a fangirl."

"Really?" Jiyong speaks with a big smile on his face. He is looking at Ki then Jin-Young.

Jin-Young and Ki are surprised by his presence behind Jin-Young. Ki grins at him and walks away leaving them without saying anything. Jin-Young only shrugs.

Jiyong sits next to her still with the same smile. He's been more calm lately than he used to be when he was a teenager. Maturely calm. "How are you?" he asks first.

Jin-Young turns her stool to face him. "Good. I'm gonna be busy tomorrow. The showcase is coming up."

"Really?" he asks, pretending to be sad, "Too bad. We're having an off day tomorrow." He pouts.

Jin-Young giggles. "According to my experiences, you rarely spend your off day with me. You always sleep or write or sleepover at the studio. You only remember me when you're tired. Like tonight."

"That's not true! I'm not like that!" he shouts.

Everybody turns to look at Jiyong and Jin-Young. Jin-Young is covering her face, laughing, while Jiyong saying sorry to s and the couple. When they continue their activities again, he looks back to Jin-Young.

"I remember you every day, every single time!" he defends himself again in a loud whisper.

"Really?" she replied playfully.

"Really!" his face turns to be serious. But, Jin-Young can't hold her snort. "Ya! I've never been this serious!"

Jin-Young laughs. "Okay, okay. You're being super serious right now. I'm sorry."

"In return, you have to spare your time for me tomorrow."

"But-"

"Wait for me here at 7 o'clock." He stands up. "I'm sure the girls will understand."

"How do you know?" she asks, folding her arms on her chest, pouting.

Jiyong puts his hands on his hips. "It's the night before their showcase, you should let them have some fun." He pinches her nose. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take my troops home. We just got back from Japan."

He looks at s on their table. Jin-Young's following his gaze. TOP and Seungri are busy texting. Youngbae is just randomly looking everywhere. And Daesung can't keep his eyes open while leaning on his chair.

He looks back at her. "So, tomorrow, 7 o'clock, here. Promise?"

Jin-Young nods and smiles softly to him. "I promise."

Jiyong grins happily. He gives her hand a soft squeeze. Then, he turns his head to Ki who's standing not too far away from them. "Ki, you're gonna take her home?"

Ki looks at him from her place. She nods in vain. "Yeah, yeah, I'll take her home."

"Perfect." He sighs with relief.

He gives Jin-Young one last smile before walking away to his table. He wakes Daesung up and asks them to go home now since everyone looks extremely tired.

"Bye, noona!" Seungri does not lose his energy when he walks out of the restaurant, waving at her. He is followed by Youngbae and TOP.

Youngbae waves at her too. "Thanks, Jin!"

"See you next time, Jin!" TOP says.

Daesung is following behind TOP while rubbing his eyes sleepily. Jiyong makes sure that they don't leave anything on the their table before turning at her.

"Anyway, you haven't asked how's my day today. I'm fine," he says, smiling, but then he waves his hand, "ah, nevermind." He turns away and puts his arm around Daesung's neck.

Daesung looks at her. "Thank you, noona!"

 

...

 

Jin-Young looks at her watch. It's 7:08 and Jiyong is not here yet.

"Maybe he got into traffic," Ki shows up from behind the counter. She's been watching her friend worrying about Jiyong since an hour ago. "You told me you wouldn't come here today and now you have a date with Jiyong. I smell betrayal. And he's only eight minutes late. Gosh. You're worrying too much."

Jin-Young looks at her. "It's not a date, Ki, I don't even know where he's taking me." She rolls her eyes and looks back to the door. "He's never late."

"He was never late. But, now, he's one of the hottest guy in Seoul. He's a celebrity. He can do whatever he wants to do. That's what celebrities do," she replies while sitting down next to her.

"Well," Jin-Young smiles with a look of victory to Ki, "speaking of celebrity, look who's here."

Ki and Jin-Young looks to the glass door. Jiyong opens the door and walks fast toward them. Jin-Young stands up and takes her bag on the table. He looks like he's in a hurry. He gives a slight sincere smile to Ki. Ki nods to him, replying his greeting.

"Hey-"

"You ready?" he asks, cutting Jin-Young words and catching his breath, "We're kinda late right now." He looks at his phone displaying a digital watch on its screen. Then, he looks up to the confused Jin-Young.

"Wha- I thought you said you're meeting me at 7 o'clock?" she asks.

Jiyong nods. "Yeah, I remember, but the place that we'll come to is ready now. It's beyond my expectation."

"Good luck, guys," Ki says while standing up and walks to the kitchen, "it's about time you're taking her on a date."

Jin-Young looks at Ki, then at Jiyong. "Good luck?! What place?! No. What expectation?"

Jiyong shrugs. He takes her hand and drags her out of the restaurant. "Let's go."

Jin-Young sees Jiyong's Bentley outside the restaurant. "Whoa!" She stops walking. "Do we really have to use your car? Can't we just take a bus or use your band's van, maybe?"

"No can do, Miss Jin-Young," he shakes his head and pulls Jin-Young again until she gets into the car. He walks to the other door and gets behind the steering wheel. He looks at her for a while. His gaze is full with excitement. "Please use your seat-belt," he orders her while he takes his own seat-belt.

Jin-Young is too counfused to ask anything. She just follows whatever he says. And things get more confusing when he takes out his pink scarf.

"Cover your eyes with this. Make sure you can't take a peek."

He puts the scarf in Jin-Young's hand and takes his own phone. He is checking his message when he realizes that Jin-Young is just watching him. He tilts his head. "What?"

"Are you gonna talk to me about whatever this is?" She holds the scarf in front of her nose.

Jiyong chuckles. He turns his body to face her. He takes her hand down and holds it for a while. "There are times when talk can't explain anything. Tonight is one of that times. So, please, do what I say, okay?" He smiles.

Jin-Young nods and follows him. It's like she's being hypnotized by Jiyong's charms tonight. His smile, his little squeeze, his eyes, everything. Jin-Young knows him for a really long time, even before he knew Youngbae, the one person he always tells everyone as his best friend. She knows everything about him, inside and outside. She knows all the scars, pains, and marks. But, tonight, she can't guess what's on his mind. He's being so randomly weird.

And she likes it.

She likes that Jiyong always know how to suprise her. Even after a very long time, their relationship will never be boring. Like tonight.

"I'm blind now," she says, resting her head on the car seat.

She hears him mumbling "Perfect". Then, she starts to feel that the car is moving to the place she never knows.

"I know you hate Bentley, but the van is being used by the other members," he talks.

"You're not going with them?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going with you."

Jin-Young chuckles. "Very funny."

"Can I ask you something, Jin?"

"Hm?"

"How do you see our relationship?"

There is a long pause. Jin-Young's heart suddenly gets faster and faster. How do I see our relationship? "Define your question, please."

Jiyong snorts. "Are we really just friends or more than friends?"

Jin-Young shrugs. "You're my friend," she says.

Her body starts to relax as she lays her head back. Jiyong looks at her for a while and smiles bitterly.

"You're my brother," she continues, "you're my secrets, you're my surprises, you're my hero, you're my role model," she sighs, "you are the best gift the world could ever give me."

There is a small smile on her face. A peaceful smile. A smile that convince Jiyong about what he is doing. He can be rejected, he can be not. From now on, he's fighting on his own. He has the chance and it's only about how he uses his last 40 minutes with her properly. How his act and his words can convince her too, just like how her smile convinced him.

"Sleep," he says, ruffling her hair.

"Is this gonna take a long time?"

"Just sleep," he says again softly.

"Hm~"