One.

The Date [DISCONTINUED]

 

After seeing those two idiots finally get together, I went home and collapsed in my bed. As I was about to sleep, my phone vibrated from my pocket and I fished it out to look at who the text message was from.
 
To: Junhyung 
From: Hyunseung 
(10:01PM)
How was it? Did everything turn out as planned? Give me the details! XD 
 
I smiled at who I got the text from. We had been exchanging texts since our encounter at the flower shop earlier on today. 
 
To: Hyunseung 
From: Junhyung
(10:04PM)
Everything went great. The two got together before they even got to the park. Sad I wasn't the reason for them getting together but at least they are together and that's all the matters. 
 
To: Junhyung
From: Hyunseung
(10:06PM) 
That's great! At least they had a good first date all thanks to you, right? 
 
To: Hyunseung 
From: Junhyung
(10:07PM)
Yup! 
Speaking of dates... We still having ours tomorrow? ;) 
 
To: Junhyung 
From: Hyunseung
(10:09PM)
Haha, I'm happy you didn't forget XD 
And ofc, remember to meet me at 1pm, Han River. Don't be late! 
 
To: Hyunseung
From: Junhyung 
(10:10PM)
Ok, ok~ I promise I won't be late! 
I'll text you tomorrow, I'm seriously tired from today >< 
Goodnight x 
 
To: Junhyung 
From: Hyunseung 
(10:10PM)
Goodnight. Sweet dreams x
 
* * *
 
I awoke to the sound of my mother yelling at me, telling me to get up since I've been sleeping too long. 
 
Have I been sleeping for too long? 
 
I checked the time. Oh, 12:02pm, that's cool. I tried to make myself comfortable on my bed again but I looked at my clock again, realising something. 
 
"12:02?! OH ! I'm gonna be late for my date!" I quickly got to my feet and headed for the bathroom. 
 
I only took about 7 minutes to shower, fastest record I've had, normally I take about 15 minutes or so but I was in a rush. 
 
I opened up my wardrobe and took out any clothing that I thought looked good together. I settled for a pair of tanned coloured chinos, a simple tee and my red Nike blazers. I remembered to take a hoody just in case it would be chilly later on. I grabbed my phone, wallet, house keys, basically everything I needed before telling my mum I was going out and headed out the door. 
 
As I was walking to the bus stop, I looked at my phone and saw that I had received a text message. 
 
To: Junhyung 
From: Hyunseung
(12:03PM)
Hey~ Remember to meet me at 1pm! Han River! Don't be late!! 
 
Shoot, that was around the time I woke up. I looked at the time, it read 12:34pm. It usually takes about half an hour to get to Han River so I should only be a couple of minutes late. 
 
When I looked up from my phone, I saw my bus stop and the bus I was suppose to get parked there. I sprinted to catch the bus but sadly it left without me. I kicked the ground in frustration and looked at the bus time table. The next bus should be coming at about.... 12:45pm?! No way! I'm going to be even more late. I decided to inform Hyunseung that I was going to be a little bit late for our date. 
 
To: Hyunseung 
From: Junhyung 
(12:36PM)
Hyunseungieeee~ >< 
I'm going to be late! I'm really sorry! After we texted last night, I forgot to alarm my phone and I woke up at 12ish, and I just missed the bus to go to Han River and the next one is going to be here at 12:45pm apparently and you know how it takes about 30mins to get there. I'm really really really really reaally~ sorry!!!! Wait for me!!!! x 
 
I waited to get a reply from him but nothing came. 
 
2 minutes, nothing. 
 
5 minutes, still nothing. 
 
By the time my bus came, I still didn't get a reply from Hyunseung. What if he was mad at me for being late? He did tell me not to be late multiple of times and I end up being late. This must be my unluckiest day! 
 
I kept checking my phone to see if he's replied but no, he hasn't. Not one single text. I sighed in my seat and just waited till I arrived at my destination. I plugged in my earphones to my iTouch and started listening to music to calm down my nerves. Seriously, I'm frickin' nervous. This was not how I wanted our first date to be. I wanted to make a good impression but instead I'm making a pretty bad one by being late. 
 
After 10 minutes of being on the bus, the unthinkable happened. 
 
Traffic. 
 
my life right at this moment. Why isn't anything going right? I removed one of my earphones from my ear to hear what the bus driver was saying clearly. 
 
"Sorry, folks. This traffic is pretty bad so it may take about another 15-20 minutes to get to Han River. Please be patient." 
 
I quietly groaned in my seat. It was not 12:50pm and I was definitely not going to be there by 1pm or probably even 1:30pm. I mentally punched myself for being stupid and forgetting to alarm my clock last night. 
 
Just then I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly took it out of my hoodie pocket, hoping it was from Hyunseung but no... 
 
To: Jun!
From: Doojoonie~ 
(12:51PM) 
Jun! Where are you? Me and Seobie went to your house but your mum said you left in a rush. 
 
To: Doojoonie~ 
From: Jun! 
(12:53PM) 
Oh, sorry! I didn't tell you but I have a date with Hyunseung. 
 
A minute after I sent the text, Doojoon called me. 
 
"Yh?" 
 
"You and Hyunseung have a date?!?!" he yelled through the phone, causing me to wince at his loud voice. 
 
"Yah! Keep it down. You're going to make me deaf." 
 
"Ah. Sorry..." 
 
"But yes. We have a date." 
 
"Congratulations, Jun!" I heard Yoseob's voice in the background. 
 
"Yeah, congrats, buddy. I didn't even know you liked him." said Doojoon. 
 
"Well, he's only moved here recently. Plus, I was planning how to get you and Seob together at that time so I completely forgot to mention it to you." 
 
"Ah. Sorry! We haven't been good friends to you lately. Sorry!" 
 
"Haha, idiots." 
 
"Hey, hey, hey! I'm still older than you so you should respect me!"
 
"Whatever..."
 
"For someone going on a date, you don't sound too happy." he stated. 
 
"I'm late." 
 
"Oh. By how much?" 
 
I looked at the time. "Well, we're meant to be meeting at 1pm and right now it's already 1:10pm. And I'm stuck in traffic so I don't know when I'll get to Han River."
 
"Ah! Have you texted or called Hyunseung?" 
 
"I texted him ages ago but he hasn't replied. You think he's mad? You think maybe he left?" 
 
"Hey... Don't think so negatively. Call him and see if he's still there, if not then it's his loss. Or if he doesn't pick up, still go there so you can say that you tried your best to meet him." 
 
"Okay. Thanks, Doojoonie." 
 
"No problem. Text me if you have any other worries, kay?" 
 
"Yeah, yeah." 
 
"Alright. Good luck." 
 
"Thanks. Bye." 
 
I hanged up and tried to call Hyunseung straight away. 
 
"Beep! The number you've dialled is currently unavailable. Please try again later." 
 
Why wasn't he picking up?...

 


Hi, so I finally wrote what happened to Junhyung and Hyunseung, sorry it took long for me to think of a plot. Anyway, this will be a two-shot and I'll be posting the last bit tomorrow, it took longer than tomorrow and I'm still stuck on it but wait for it please! It isn't the best but I hope you guys like it :) 
Oh, and I didn't really properly read through everything so I might've made mistakes, idk, I can't remember, I read over it too quickly ><