Lost and Found

A Terrible Misunderstanding

Key woke up with a start. He was still laying down on the sofa with Taemin's head on his lap, snoring quietly. Minho and Jonghyun were slumped in armchairs across the room still deep in sleep. All the members had refused to return to their rooms to sleep as they all waited for Onew in the living room. Key remembered the horrible storm last night, all the heavy rain and lightrning and thunder....Goodness what about Onew hyung?! Key bolted uorught, forgetting that Taemin was still sleeping on him. "Ummm Key hyungg....: Taemin mumbled. "I'm going to check if Onew hyung has come back, can you go and wake Minho and Jjong hyung?" The maknae immediately sat upright the moment he was reminded of Onew. he shook the other 2 sleepyheads awake while Key went to check Onew's room. It was still empty. Key started to worry. "Omo he spent the whole night outside in the storm??" He walked back into the living room and told them that Onew wasn't back yet. All the members were really panicking now. Has Onew really really left them for good? It can't be right?? 

"Let's go look for him then, instead of sitting on our butts here and wasting time!" Jonghyun quickly changed into a fresh set of clothes before heading to Onew's favourite hangout places. They went to Onew's favourite chicken restaurant, the arcade that he loved playing video games in, the playground at the back of the park where he would sometimes practise his singing, and even the SM building security guard said that Onew hadn't been back since he ran out crying yesterday. Minho stratched his head in anxiety. "Dammit where else can hyung be?!" Jonghyun then thought of something. "Could Onew be staying in one of the dorms of the other groups?" Key tilted his head..."Maybe...?"

They tried calling up the dorms one by one. They called up DBSK, SNSD, Super Junior, FTisland and F(x) if Onew was with them or if they had seen him. They all said no and promised to contact Key once they know his whereabouts. Finally the last group they tried calling was MBLAQ. Lee Joon, Onew's close friend picked up the phone.

"Joon hyung, have you seen Onew anywhere? is he with you?" "No he's not with me...why? He's gone missing??" Joon was strtaing to get worried too.

"Ne. We've searched every possible place but he's nowhere around here!"  Key sounded desperate and urgent. Joon thought for a moment.

"Have you guys searched the Han river?" "Er,...nope. Why would he be there anyway?" "Well apparently that's where he normally goes whenever he feels stressed or is upset. Onew told me." Joon explained. "okay thanks hyung. We'll inform you if we find Onew okay?" "Okay I pray he's safe"

Key cut the call and expained the situation to the members as they raced off towards the Han river. Once there, they looked at the long stretch of river. the river was still flowing rapidly from yesterday's storm and the grass was damp and muddy. The 4 decided to split up and look for Onew. Key and Jonghyun wondered towards the forested area while Minhoa and Taemin searched along the banks of the river. After almost half an hour of fruitless searching, they were starting to doubt if Onew was even hre in the first place. Taemin was about to return to where the others were waiting when he spooted a black clothing stuck on a pile of twigs at the bank of the river a little furthur upstream. "Hyung! I think I found something!" He called out towards the others. Key, Minho and Jonghyun immediately rushed to his side and Jonghyun carefully picked up the soaked black clothing and observed it carefully. "Omg guys it's Onew hyung's jacket!" He cried/ He pointed to a label on the jacket which had the name "onew" written on it. The others looked at each other in realisation and dashed furthur upstream and continued the wild search for their leader. Soon enough they came across the huge tree that Onew was resting against.

Well obviously it took everybody like 5 seconds to see Onew laying lifeess on the ground with a huge brach weighing down on him. "OH MY GOSH" Key screamed, going x1000000 umma mode. He practically lifted and threw the heavy branch off Onew. Jonghyun slowly and gently ew over so that he was lying on his back. He looked so pale and he had a trickle of blood running down the side of his face from the impact the branch made. Their leader looked so sick, so ill. Key felt his forehead and sure enough, as he expected, he was burning, and he meant literally burning with fever. Taemin was already sobbing and was on his knees, shaking his hyung's shoulder roughly. "hyung! Hyung! Wake up! Don't leave me!" Howveer the leader showed no signs of response. Key knew that the nearest hospital was very far away, so he decided to quickly call the manager to pick them up and drive them at high speed. The manager luckily wasn't too far away at that time and came in almost 3 minutes record time. He one look at Onew and the members could tell he was clearly worried and flustered. Minho and Jonghyun helped onew onto manager's back who sprinted towards the van. Taemin and Key were right behind them; Taemin clutching Onew's backpack. Throughout the whole drive towards the hospital the manager gave orders to dry Onew with a towel as much as possible in order not to worsen his condition. The hospital staff helped them lift Onew on a stroller bed and wheeled him into the E.R. The others sitting outside, crying their eyes out. Manager hyung had informed the company on what had happened, while Key informed Joon and Onew's friends such as Luna and Leeteuk and Kyuhyun and Jessica who were worried about Onew too. 20 minutes later everyone arrived at the hospital waiting room, but Onew wasn't out yet. Jonghyun told them about how they eventually found Onew. They all gasped in shock when they heard the condition Onew was in when they had found him.

Another 30 minutes later the doctor finally came out. Manager hyung shot up from his seat "Doctor, is Jinki okay? Is he in serious condition?" The doctor raised a hand to calm him down. "Well when he was brought in his fever was dangerously high, a shocking 42 degrees. We gave him a couple of shots and that should help lower the temperature. As for the bleeding, something must've hit his head hard, as he is suffering from only a minor concussion. Another thing you should take note of is that Mr. Lee has a tendency to hyperventilate when he's in panicked dazed state, so we're going to put an oxygen mask on him, just in case." Manager nodded and thanked the doctor. He filled in the paperwork for Onew's stay at the hospital while the rest went up to Onew's room. It was a single ward, with only one bed and Jinki was sleeping soundly there. He was hooked up to machines and a white gauze was visible on his forehead under his bangs that were falling in his eyes. That must've been where he got hit. Slow, steady breathing could be heard thanks to the oxygen mask on his face. All could only stare at the poor leader who hasn;t woken up from his unconscious state. SHINee insisted on staying with their leader to take care of him. Joon and the rest softly whispered something to Onew and patted his head before they left. Taemin remembered that he still was carrying Onew's backpack. They looked inside and saw clothes, a few snacks his wallet, passport......They froze. His journal. As much as the SHINee members wanted to respect their hyung's privacy, they were really dying to know what Onew wrote about. They huddled togther as Key flipped open the book