It was innocent

It was innocent

The first night, there's nothing to say.

Myungsoo was lying in his bed, wrapped in his blankets, eyes wide open despite the darkness in the room he shared with Sungyeol and Dongwoo.

No, his mind was not tortured; he wasn't depressed or anything. He just could not fall asleep. His roommates - as adorable as they were when they were awake, had the tendency to snore like... he didn't even know a good word to describe it, but the fact remains: they kept him awake. 

That night, since he couldn't sleep, he got up and stayed alone in the living room. Their new dorm still didn't have a couch. 

 

Then, the young ulzzang turned his head slowly as he got an idea. Carefully, he went and opened the door of the room shared by Sungjong and Hoya - the only two members of the group who had a peaceful sleep.

Not wanting to disturb the both of their sleep, he went only to the lower bunk and shook the older male lightly before whispering.

"Hyung, can I sleep with you tonight? Sungyeol and Dongwoo hyung are too noisy..."
 
He received a muffled growl as a reply. Then, Hoya inched a bit closer to the wall.
 
Taking this action as a form of approval, Myungsoo slipped under the blanket and fell asleep quickly.
 
The next morning a cry woke him abruptly. As he opened his eyes he noticed Sungjong staring at him with large eyes, before the other members rushed in to see. They all looked puzzled and surprised.
 
"Uh... Hoya, Myungsoo... What are you doing in the same bed?" Sungkyu, who seemed more likely to talk than the others, approached them. The younger sighed, as he felt the dancer of the group getting up in the bed, who then bursted into laughter.
 
"Stop making that face. Myungsoo couldn't sleep because of these two snoring," he said pointing to Sungyeol and Dongwoo, "so he asked me if he could sleep with me. That's it. Don't imagine things."
 
 
 
After that, sleeping with Hoya had sort of become a habit for Myungsoo. Every time his bandmates were doing an unbearable din unconsiously, he left his bed and slipped into Hoya's. The other members didn't lend it even a little attention anymore, finding it almost normal.
 
It was when he burst into the room of the dancer and maknae for the ninth time that things began to change.
 
Nothing serious, just something innocent.
 
As usual, the boy faced the elder, their eyes closed. Myungsoo loved to hear Hoya's breathing. His breathing has something soothing... But that night, suddenly, the dancer put his arm around his waist.
 
"Hyung?"  He simply whispered, as his eyes snapped open, seeing nothing.
 
He could tell that the elder still had his eyes closed. How? He didn't see enything, but he could feel it. 
They were silent for several seconds before Hoya finally replied.
 
 
"I find it more comfortable to sleep like that. But if you want I can remo-"
"No, that's fine. I was just a little surprised. "
 
No further words were exchanged after that.
 
While Hoya slept peacefully, Myungsoo couldn't even close his eyes. He only felt the soft warmth that the dancer's hand on his hip gave him. It felt good.
 
Then, slowly, he decided to approach him a little more and curled up against him before finally falling asleep too.
 
 
 
Since that night, Myungsoo's visits were becoming even more frequent.
 
Indeed, the other members begun to arise some issues; mostly the leader, who had tried, several times, to question Sungjong about it. Though he always got the same answer:
 
"No hyung there is nothing strange. They just sleep, I've never heard anything. And even if there was something, they wouldn't do anything right below me. That's disgusting. "
 
Effectively, this is true. Hoya's and Myungsoo's actions became softer, but it wasn't very surprising. Now they fell asleep pressed against each other and woke up in the same position; the elder's arms encircling his waist.
 
Myungsoo couldn't deny that he couldn't do without this anymore. He felt good in Hoya's arms. Calm... serene... and a bit messed up too. But that, he didn't admit. Until now.
 
 
 
One evening, all their members attended "Kiss the Radio" pending the return of Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. Only Myungsoo and Hoya stayed in the apartment.
 
"Wanna watch a movie? Comedy, action or horror? "
 
The youngest thought for a second. Spontaneously, he would have replied comedy. But a horror movie... He already imagined burying his face in Hoya's neck, clinging tightly to him. This simple idea made the beating of his heart increase. He didn't understand why, didn't really want to. His own behavior made him ashamed.
 
"Why not horror, and then comedy? "
"Perfect. "
 
The evening passed quickly, as expected Myungsoo remained attached to the older male who was laughing a little at his reactions. At the end of the second movie, seeing what time it was, they decided to go to bed without waiting for the others.
 
Lying for several minutes, Myungsoo was still thinking about the film they had just seen. Of course he knew it wasn't real, but the few sounds that came from the streets left him on alert.
 
Suddenly he gasped audibly, when he heard a whisper of a "boo" in his ear. It was Hoya.
 
"Hyung! It's not funny!" he exclaimed when Hoya bursted out laughing. The dancer tightened his arm a little more around the singer's waist, pulling him closer while he calmed down.
 
"Sorry Myungie, but it was just too tempting."
 
Myungsoo could feel it, Hoya smiled. That smile that melts all inspirits, and him also, he had to admit.
 
They were silent. Motionless. Although he could see nothing, the youngest could feel the dancer's breath on his skin, close to his lips. His heart pounded in his chest and he didn't know if it was from the fear, or from the sudden proximity of their lips.
 
Does Hoya also feel the same? The question had hardly crossed his mind when something soft and warm pressed against his lips.
 
He wasn't dreaming, was he? He was actually kissing Hoya? Was it the dancer who had taken the first step, or him? Maybe both. He didn't care about that. All that mattered now was the heat that filled him slowly, his heart beating so fast, and the intense joy he felt.
 
As Hoya began to move away slowly, Myungsoo surprised himself by putting his hand on his neck to keep the contact. He didn't want it to stop. Not yet. He parted his lips and the dancer almost timidly slipped his tongue against his. The kiss was nothing wild, nothing sensual. It was just gentle, slow, careful... After a few seconds, they finally parted, and Myungsoo felt ashamed.
 
"We should not. This is wrong. "
 
Hoya's voice was barely audible. It just enough so that Myungsoo could hear it.
 
Unable to utter a word, Myungsoo just nodded weakly.
 
Yes, it was wrong. They were friends, they were in the same group. They simply could not. But... subconsciously, Myungsoo pressed his lips once again on the elder's lips, as if he was already addicted. He nibbled on his lower lip a few seconds, until eventually Hoya slowly gave in.
 
Only the sound of the door made​ them stop a few minutes later. Both pretended to sleep while the others opened the bedroom's door.
 
It was supposed to be innocent. There was nothing. But since that night, everything changed.
 
Myungsoo woke up in the morning hoping for ony one thing: for the day to pass quickly so that it would already be the night and he could stay with the man who made ​his heart beat so fast.
 
The singer finally accepted it, that yes, he had fallen in love with his friend.
 
There was one problem... What were they exactly now? Just friends? No, that was no longer the case. Friends don't spend long minutes or even hours to kiss in the dark. Were they a couple then? He wasn't sure either. After all, nobody knew what was happening between them.
 
During the day, they behaved as if nothing had happened, except perhaps the furtive glances and smiles that they were the only ones to perceive. So what? This question would drive him crazy, he had to ask him.
 
That night he waited for Sungjong to fall asleep before he spoke.
 
"Hyung, I was wondering... I'd like to know exactly what we are now. I don't know, and it disturbs me."
 
Hoya quickly pecked his lips. "I must confess, I don't know either. I just know that I like to spend my nights with you. But I'm afraid to tell the others... I guess we're in love, but hiding it."
 
A smile lit up the younger's face as he kissed his boyfriend. The latter wrapped his arms around him and didn't seem to want to let him go, until the singer's hand slipped under his shirt. He felt Myungsoo running his fingertips on his abdomen, moving down slowly to his waistband.
 
"Myungsoo, no."
 
His voice was husky, his breath irregular. Myungsoo could feel his muscles tense, and a thin smile stretched his lips.
 
"Why? I know you want it too. "
"Obviously, but it's just that Sungjong is sleeping above, don't forget."