Chapter Ten: Flirtatious Five

Paint Life Red [HIATUS]

Chapter Ten: Flirtatious Five

I looked up and saw a smirking Danson Tang on the school gates. He looked around, his dark eyes searching the area through his black tinted sun glasses. Then his face turned to me and the smirk appeared.

Oh god. First Fahrenheit, then HIM?!

Seriously, I think the world has gone upside down. Ash stared at the guy standing there, smirking down at me, and making most of the students faint with surprise. Then I felt something tug on my sleeve over and over again, getting harder every time.

I looked down to see Ash pulling at my sleeve, her eyes glued on Danson and hanging open in surprise. “Cynth, please tell me what the hell is going on?!” she was motioning hysterically at the man by the gates.

I shook my head, opening my mouth but no sound came out. “I... Seriously, Ash, I have no idea...” I said, my voice becoming a whisper.

-----

Room F1.1, Biology

Monday, 10:45

You know what I want to do right here, right now? Dissect a frog. Not just any frog, that frog, over there, flirting with Jiro.

I watched as Jiro leaned in from his desk, his face inches away from her, Lacy.  She didn’t seem to mind, in fact her flirtatious grin widened at the act! She flicked her brown hair away from her eyes and seemed to lean in closer, I swear, if they were any closer, they would have kissed!

I can’t watch...

Wait... what’s this I’m feeling?

My face burned at the thought. No... No, I’m definitely not...

Jealous.

They were inches from each others’ faces when a loud laugh echoed across the room followed by a shrill giggle.

I guess those files were right, these people love to flirt...

On the other side of the room, the rest of Fahrenheit and Danson were busy chatting with random girls in the class. Calvin and Chun had at least two smirking girls clinging to their arms, like anyone would be thrilled to be in their position and Danson, well you don’t even want to know what Danson’s up to...

Let’s just say, that he had a spit-swap...

Urghh...

And as for Aaron, he was at the back of the room, flirting with some girl of course, using his cute smile to lure her into his trap. The teachers even notice, or they pretended not to.

My gaze returned to my partner and I looked away quickly, the sight that met me, made me feel sick. Or maybe it was my heart...

Ash frowned and closed her book. “Cynth?” I didn’t answer; my eyes remained focused on my book.

Her hazel eyes shifted around the science lab, past the group of test tubes at the center of the room, past the metal stands, past the group of boys flirting at the corner, past the girls clinging to their arms, past Jiro making out with Lacy, past- wait...

Ash made a disgusted noise. “Urgh, how could he make out with her? I mean she... she reminds me of a frog, for God’s sake!” Ash said, not even bothering to lower her voice.

I shook my head and forced a smile at her. “Exactly...” I replied and laughed as she tried to imitate a frog’s face, her eyes bulging wide at their sockets.

Ash laughed, shaking her head, then turned back to her book. I looked at the set of notes in front of me, not really taking in the words etched on the ivory surface.

Why am I feeling like this?

I couldn’t have developed feelings for him, could I?

What about the kiss... no, he kisses random people, even Lacy. It’s no big deal...

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind, then faced the book in front of me, trying to distract my thoughts from him...

 

-----

Chrisanti Academy,

Monday, 2:59pm

RING! RING! RING!

I stretched, throwing my books into my bag messily, I didn’t care, Monday was over! I dashed out of the classroom and met Ash by the green gates, the morning events lost in my mind.

Ash smiled. “Someone’s in a good mood today,” she laughed.

I nodded, smiling widely and giving her thumbs up. “Yup, I don’t know why though...” we stared at each other, confused, then burst out laughing.

Smiling we walked out the front gates only to be met by a loud BEEP!

I jumped and looked around, but all I saw was Fahrenheit and Danson getting into a blood red car. Then there was another beep, I squinted and saw Damien grinning through the car windows. I made a face; I cannot be seen around Fahrenheit... it would cause chaos...

BEEP!

I shook my head and looked away, trying not to attract attention. Well the car was doing that just fine by itself.

BEEP!!

Ash laughed lightly. “Uh, I think your brother’s in that car,” she whispered.

I shook my head again, she only laughed.

BEEP!!!

I sighed, fine. All the beeping was getting annoying.

“Ash, I got to go, my brother’s going to end up breaking the beeper thing on that car if I don’t go,” I said, waving back at her. She only smiled and shook her head, waving back.

I casually made my way across the road, trying not to attract attention, to no avail. I felt my face go hot as I heard whispers around me, getting louder every step I took.

“Wait, is she heading to that car where the Fahrenheit got in?”

“She is!”

“What the hell is she doing?!”

Ah forget it; I got in the car, not caring what those people were talking about.

“Hey,” I said to Damien, sitting myself next to the driver’s seat. “What’s up with picking us up?”

He shrugged. “Oh, because Celine and I need to talk to the five of you...” he trailed off as the buzz of the engine increased.

“Hmmm...” I nodded, watching the dozen of girls looking at me through the windows. “You could have gone for a ‘low profile’ kind of thing, you know. I’m going to get interrogated tomorrow by those fan girls...”

Damien smirked. “Oh and I see you’ve met Danson,”

“Yup, well who wouldn’t see him...?” I said, tilting my head at the pop star seating behind me. “... He made a big entrance at school,”

Danson laughed silently.

“No wonder Celine was so hyped up yesterday...” I said, laughing. “... Her dream guy has arrived!”

 -----

 A/N: Yes, I know I've been real boring lately, sorry :( I don't know why, but I've been feeling really tired and uninspired lately, but I promise I'll update and try my best. I have all the chapters planned out already, its jsut a matter of typing them up in words haha

Anyway, I really hope you like this and still reading, comments?

(Oh and what do you think about the new poster? Comments please ^^)