Final

Wishing Well

 

To find love is all that I wish for.

I walked down the stone pathway towards the edge of the park, probably the most beautiful place I could think of and know at the moment. As I loafed around, I spotted something cylindrically rocky. A well? It had a little roof but didn’t have a bucket tied next to it. Just the rope.

Must be new. I haven’t been here for half a year anyways.

As I started my way towards the well, I thought I saw someone, in the bushes. Spying? I shrugged it off but it didn’t fail to keep myself from keeping myself on guard. Society nowadays is very dangerous anyways. No harm to being careful, right?

I peeked over the wall of the well to examine the contents and what not in it. It seemed to me about 10 feet deep. It didn’t have any water in it, instead, it was flooded with coins. From pennies to dimes, from nickels to quarters.

A wishing well? Can hurt to waste a quarter here.. Might as well.

I digged through and into each of my pockets, not finding a single dime. I patted the back pocket of my yellow skinnies and finally found a penny.

It’ll have to do.

I whispered my wish into the penny then gave it one last kiss and positioned it on the side of my index finger and on top of my thumb, ready to flick it in.

And with that one flick of the finger, the penny was sent flying into the breezy air but not breezy enough to tackle my penny to the ground and miss its target.

Just as it was about to fall into the 10 foot pit of ‘wishes’, a light clank of colliding coins was heard.

Great, some idiot just ruined the magic.

I turned my head towards the area where the interfering coin came from, about to protest. But my voice was cut off and my words seem nonexistent.

Has my wish been granted?

“Hi.”

That was all the stranger could say? Should I reply? He could be a pedo serialr! But he looks kind enough. Maybe--

“Sorry that my coin collided with yours.”

“N-no it’s ok-kay.”

A short moment of silence was present between us. It was... comfortable enough but he decided to break it.

“Minho. Choi Minho.” The stranger extended his arm toward me.

Is he asking for a hand shake? Should I? He might pull me into the bushes and.. and...

Before I knew it, a few stray tears started flowing down my cheeks. The stranger, Choi Minho, without a warning pulled me into an embrace trying to stop the flowing tears.

“Don’t.. please don’t cry. I-I’m sorry if I scared you. Oh! I shouldn’t be hugging you! You’ll get more scared..” his voice had concern laced into them.

He’s worried about me? A stranger? Who just wished out of a wishing well? Doesn’t he look at me as childish for doing this? Wishing, then crying. I’m a mess.

He tried to pull away but I guess I subconsciously pulled him back towards me when I felt the other’s broad chest bump onto my own. I gripped onto his shirt as if my life depended on it.

I can tell he hesitated a bit but he finally slowly caressed his long fingers through my brown locks. He then wiped away the dried up tears with his thumb as gently as he could.

“Lee Taemin.” I finally said once I’ve mustered up enough courage to speak up.

“Excuse me?”

“My name. It’s Taemin. And... why are you doing this? Why are you here?”

“I... I don’t know. It’s as if some force just brought my legs here on their own. Maybe fate was calling.”

“Maybe.. or maybe it was just the wishing well.”