Chapter 17: thinking

SHINee: As a k-drama

 

~~~~~key~~~~~~~

 

Taemin would turn his head from my gaze, or move his feet away from me.

This has been occurring for the past couple of days.

Was he more cautious of me now because of that kiss?

Or did he hate me?

 

I tapped my chin, thinking which it could be. It wasn’t a good feeling to be ignored. Maybe Taemin was giving me a taste of my own medicine? Sighing, I decided to confront him about it. Morning break was to end in a few minutes, so I better hurry.

 

He looks away from me when I stand in front of his desk. My head leans in to his ear.

 

“Stop ignoring me. That’s an order,” My mouth whispers.

 

Taemin twitches, startled; I haven’t given him orders in a while. I wait impatiently for his reply. He stares at me, nodding slowly. Why do I feel so bad now? Taemin was the one who ignored me. Impulsively, my hand pats his head. He looks at my face, eyes getting a bit watery.

 

What did I do now?

 

In a hushed voice, I go to his ear again. “Please, there is nothing to cry about.”

 

Taemin stays silent, staring at his desk. I leave him, confused at his reaction. That guy could really be puzzling. A teacher comes in to begin his lecture. Another boring day I perceive.

 

~~~~~~~Taemin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I won’t cry, not in the middle of class. People would think I’m a baby for crying. So I won’t.

 

When Key ordered me to stop ignoring him, I silently thanked him. My actions even confused me. I didn’t want to hurt Key, and doing so, I hurt myself. I guess my brain convinced me Key should compensate his frustrating movements by not speaking to him. But it really got me teary eyed when he patted my head, as if he knew what I was thinking.

 

Class ended, and a realization came to me. I forgot to take notes. My eyes see my notebook, seeing a few mindlessly scribbled sentences on the paper. That seems enough to study. I pack my things for the next class, but I wait for Key outside the door.

 

He seems surprised to see me waiting for him. Key smiles at me, making my heart quiver. This person was way too charming.

 

“Taemin, are you available tomorrow?” He asks as we walk to our next class.

 

I shake my head, saying I was busy. Key drops his head a little, seemingly dissatisfied. My dance class was tomorrow, so I couldn’t attend whatever Key wanted me to go to. “Oh, okay…” Key says. I open the door for him, and we step inside the room together, just a second before the bell rang. Class begins immediately, so we hurried to take our seats.

 

After many more periods later, lunch time arrives. I order a chicken dish Onew recommended me, and Key gets a sandwich with some fruit. We both settle at a table with our other friends.

 

Our group is quiet today, not including the blabbering Onew. Jonghyun is just robotically picking at his food with his fork. Minho is quietly reading a book. Key is nodding at what Onew says to him. I eat my food without a word coming out of my mouth.

 

How awkward.

 

It takes a while before Onew also notices the silence, and finally decides to be inaudible. We all somehow finish what was on our trays before the next bell rang. Everyone left, without one greeting towards one another.

 

But I noticed Key’s phone buzz.

 

~~~~~~Key~~~~~~~~

 

My cellphone vibrates, and I take it out of my pocket. Someone had texted me.

 

You broke our bet and were mean to Taemin. That was why he was crying, right?

-Minho

 

All my pride left inside me vanished. I completely forgot about the darn deal between me and Minho. Now I had to “break-up” with Taemin. Whatever, we weren’t even going out in the first place.

 

I told Taemin the news, and he seemed a bit relieved; as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders. I’m glad he is okay, and didn’t cry or start ignoring me again.

 

Wait, why would I care about him?

 

We get to our next class and we take our seats.

 

 I actually tried listening today in the Math speech our sunbae was giving. It was hard to concentrate, with all these feelings whirling in my head. More classes passed, and school ended. I gave my goodbyes to my friends, who strangely didn’t greet me back. Was it that odd for me to be nice today?

I walked home, and then settled in my bedroom.

 

Key is going to have a thinking session!

 

I thought and thought a lot.

Taemin, Sunny, Father.

The three main reasons I was having this thinking session.

 

Sunny was a cute, but overly-attached girl that I was forced to marry.

 

Wait a second; couldn’t I always call off the marriage?

 

I could always get a well-paid job, or sell my useless items to get money; then I wouldn’t have to marry Sunny.

My dad would be disappointed, but at least I’ll get to live my life how I want to.

 

One thought solved. Hopefully I remember this one, so I can tell my dad and friends.

 

Taemin.

 

He’s been confusing me the most lately.

I’m not sure why I have these thoughts about him; maybe it was just my motherly side.

Or was it?

 

Did I love Lee Taemin?

 

His smile, handsomeness, cuteness, and sometimes manliness; when he’s weak, when he is strong; when he should be more cared and valued; are all emotions I feel for Taemin.

 

Is this love?

 

--

A/N: I apologize, I might not update this story soon because I kind fo have some writer's block. 

But here is some shamless advertising: checkout my other story, "I first met him in a tree." You can read that stroy while you are waiting for me to update this one~

Anyways, here are some gif.s to entertain you:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lol I just spammed 1/3 the chapter with Key gif.s~