Graduation

Elementary:Where skirt lenghts and popularity didn't matter

 

Title: Elementary School: where popularity and skirt lengths didn’t matter ( I know title is irrelevant)

Pairing: Jongyu(main); 2min(minor)

Rating: G

Words: 2,070


 

The days back in elementary school have faded as I moved on to middle school and then to high school which will eventually lead me to the working world full of stuck up adults thinking money was everything. However, the good times I had will always be remembered.

Back in the elementary, we could have messy hair, silly expressions, unfitting uniforms and no one commented on it. When we had super long skirts, no one laughed or mocked. Baggy shorts? No one cared! Elementary, the place where looks and appearances didn’t matter…yet.

The youthful days where school is not only a place to learn, but a place where all of our friends were. where we could all have fun while no one judged you for who you are. The reason being simply, we were all too young to care; too young to bother.

Everything seems to change as we enter a realm called middle school where we find ourselves in an unfamiliar environment. The place where suddenly, all those things that you never bothered with were all of a sudden important!

Things like attire, your hair, your attitude and your popularity. None of those mattered before right? What happens when you throw a bird in water? They drown? They magically built underwater-suits? No! They change! And that’s what happened to all of us as we move on to middle school.

Changes, some welcome it, some are afraid of it. All of us changed the minute we stepped into middle school. Some decided they wanted a new and better reputation and some decided that they wanted to lay low unlike previously. The nerd back in elementary could become a jock, the popular cheerleader could become a nerd that is always getting mocked. The ex-teacher’s pet could become a joker in class, the kid who always get called to the Principal’s office could turn into a goody-two-shoes that everyone dislikes! You get my point.

High school! It’s another obstacle that is in our way that we have to face just like when we just went to middle school. Only this time, we have a little more experience than we did.

Every one of you, I’m sure has changed. You are not the ‘old’ you. You’re different now. No matter how big or how small the change is, it happened. And the thing that matters is do you like that change?

Have you changed for better or for worse? That is for you to decide. Don’t let others judge you for who you are. You are the person who decides in your life. Not your friends! Not your teachers! Not even your parents! You are the pilot of your own life!

I’m drifting off topic aren’t I? Okay back to the topic! Err…right!

High School… the place I dreaded to go to… to wake up at 5am every morning just to attend it. These were the thoughts I had. But isn’t it strange? Even though every one of us hates the idea of being trapped in that building where we couldn’t control our mouths, our actions, our thoughts or even our bladders, we all seem to go back to that place the next day.

Normally, if one is forced to do something that one hates, they would stop and never do it again. Of course that is if the circumstances allow them to.

We students do have the rights! …right?

Despite the never ending piles of homework, the incessant naggings and scolding we get from our teachers, we all somehow, seem to go right back. Back to the place we all call school…. What? You thought I was going to say our second-home?

The reason? Some might say to kill time. Others may say because they are forced to. But I say that I go there because I get joy! Yes me! The one who always gets distracted in class. The one who always talks back to the teacher to entertain the class. The one who finds it funny to make the teacher’s life difficult. Trust me; you do not want to be my teacher.

The joy I get from school are countless! During lessons, during recess, during lunch and during tests. The source? Friends.

We all play a fool for fun and laugh even though we get reprimanded. We all smile through the day despite being worn out and stressed. Why I that? It’s because we have close friends that stick with us through thick and thin! I mean nobody gets in trouble alone right? You may be friends with a nerd! Well, that must mean you are one too since nerds of a feather flock together… you may be friends with the jocks which makes you a jerk… And you may be friends with someone who laughs at you when you do something stupid; who mocks you without meaning it; who insults you just because it’s funny. Someone that offers you sarcasm. The one that nags you because they really care; the one that helps you through the highs and lows; the one that stays with you through the end; the one who comforts you when you’re sad. The one who would do what they can just to put a smile on your face. The person you call your friend.

A wise person once said , “ a friend is like a lover you never had “. Some may agree others maybe not.

Love…something that all of us…most of us seek. I’m sure there are people who have found it during their times here like that couple over there making out while I’m delivering my speech. Like Mr and Mrs poppinson who met after Mr poppinson transferred here. Oh and hey! Great wedding by the way! Had so much fun throwing cake at the other teachers! Oops…wasn’t supposed to say it out loud…stop glaring! You gave me a hard time in school okay?! Don’t deny it Mrs chee! You made me mark the assignments for you and always picked me for the answers! Did you know that you made me a target for all my classmates!

One again I’m out of topic…where was I… right! Love…many of us found it in our times here. Others maybe did until they broke it off when they catch the other party cheating or due to other reasons. Really, cheating is for most of the cases. We all had crushes here and there where we would sometimes tell our closest friends and have them rat out on you. Some of us courageous ones may have confessed and got an answer. Some of us, keeping it all to themselves swearing that no one else should ever find out. Im sure the ones who met in this high school here and have gotten themselves a great partner would agree with me when I say that high school is a place that you found happiness. Someone you like.

High school was a place to meet new people. It was a place for us to face new challenges. It was a place for us to learn. And lastly, it is a place for us to grow.

The teachers may have given us a hard time. Scolded us for something we did not do. Lashed out on us as they have PMS or are menopausing. But without them, there would be no the ’us’ of today.

I found happiness, knowledge, my identity, my friends and love in these four years. These four years are the happiest four years of my life!

I would like to end this speech by saying thank you to all these brave teachers who took the challenge to teach horrendous kids like us!

Three cheers and three cheers and three cheers for our teachers!

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

Thank you for your attention.

 

I let out a beath I never knew I held as I stepped away from the stand and slowly walked down the stage. My heart was still racing from before and I tried to take deep breaths to slow it down. As I slowly stepped down the steps, I could hear claps, cheers and whistling across the hall. Chantings could be heard as it echoed through the air-conditioned hall. I smiled as I heard what they were chanting. And one voice above all stood out as I heard a strong and charming voice shouting,” Jinki! Jjang!!!” the reason it stood out? Because he was the one who loves me? Because he was the one I love? Because his voice cracked once in a while when he said ‘jjang’?

Well these may be factors but it was mostly because everyone else was shouting “Onew!” whereas he shouted “Jinki!”

I calmly walked to the seats where my friends were all patting my back and my close friend Minho ruffled my hair as he hugged me affectionately. Key stood beside us and complained that I forgot to mention that he was the fashionista in the school and demanded me to go back up to say it, yet, I noticed the smile he had as well as the teary eyes.

As Minho continued to hold me in his arms, a cough of annoyance could be heard behind him. Minho released me and stepped away revealing Jonghyun who was cleary irritated.

“Don’t hug him! Only I can do that! Hug your Taeminnie after the gradution thing!” Jonghyun pouted and said.

Minho only tsked at Jonghyun’s remark and mocked him for his jealousy.

I could only chuckle as I saw the scene where those two were arguing and Key scolding them for being childish. I sure will miss these days! So carefree and fun! I turned to look around the hall to find many people crying and hugging. I definitely will miss this… as I was caught up in my thoughts, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed my waist and hugged me tightly.

He breathed in and out slowly and whispered to me,” That was a great speech Jinki-ah.”

I nodded and laid my head so that it rested on his shoulder as I returned the hug. The other two were at our side gagging and saying how gross we were for displaying PDA. I just released Jonghyun as I laughed and rebated on how they are just jealous people envious of affection.

As the graduation ceremony ended, we all stepped out of the hall to be met with Taemin who was pouting as he stood outside the hall waiting for us.

“HYUNG!!! Why was it so long? My legs hurt! Oh and Onew hyung! I could hear your speech from here! Funny and great! Onew Hyung Jjang!!!” Taemin practically screamed.

I smiled and thanked him for the compliments as we walked. As we were walking, Taemin suddenl tugged me on my sleeve.

“hyung… im gonna miss you… can’t you not graduate? Can’t you stay here? With me?” Taemin said with a sad glance.

I smiled and ruffled his hair and said softly to him,” you know the college I’m attending is just beside the high school building! You can come see me if you’re bored or if you miss me”.

Taemin only smiled and nodded as he childishly grabbed my hand and swung it to and fro as we continued walking.

As I walked hand-in-hand with the aegyo master, Jonghyun grabbed my other free hand and naturally walked beside me.

As we were finally out of the school building, I couldn’t help but look back. The school building that held all of my precious memories. From thetimes where I just met Key and Minho. When I always tried to make Minho talk more. When I tried to be the peacemaker of Key and everybody else’s fight. When I had to give my precious little brother, Taemin, to Minho and when I had to threaten Minho to not corrupt my little angel. And when I Met Jonghyun… so many good times and time just passed by so quickly. Four years just doesn’t seem enough! I was remiscing when I someone hugged me gently from the back. I knew it was Jonghyun and just leaned back into him. I sighed out contentedly and looked towards our school crest on the school building. XX High School. Where dreams come true.

I turned back to face the crew with a wide smile and said cheerfully,” kaja!”

It’s time for a new beginning and my college debut is waiting for me!



 

A/N : so I typed this at 2am !! It just kind of struck me… and I know the title is unsuitable...Why not suggest some? Janyway hope you liked this! Its so random by the way!! Comments please? 

 

oh and Only Taemin didn't attend cos he is a freshmen and they normally don't attend. Or you can take it as he was late or he got kicked out ;) i really have no explanation whatsoever.