Tricking Tao!

Tricking Tao!

 

(cr: Jeong Jiyoung^^)

 

The girls had just stepped out of immigrations when dark hooded men, smiling creepily under their hoods, clearly very excited to meet their Korean friends who are girls, greeted them.

“Kris-gege, you’ve grown!” teased Hyelin when she hugged Kris of EXO-M. He only chuckled and bent down to hug her back.

“It’s nice to see you too, Lin,” he replied, and quietly added, hoping nobody (especially Tao) heard him, “I’ve missed you so much.”

And being the jealous dongsaeng of her unni’s relationship, Hera just had to comment while walking by, “Kris oppa, growing? Again? That man is as tall as Mount Everest and he still gets taller?” being the good gentleman he is, Yixing laughed at the joke.

“Oh, how I’ve missed you, Hera,” he said, standing next to her.

“Missed you too,” Hera said shyly, clearly surprised at his words.

“Hey! I thought you were into Chanyeol-oppa!” whined Jiyoung, the girls’ maknae, while walking past Hera, earning herself a death glare by the later.

“Don’t , Jiyoungie! Respect people’s relationships!” said Luhan to her in an older-brother way, receiving an expressionless shove from the maknae. “And let me help you with your bags, for goodness sake!”

“Like we should respect your relationship with Sehun, Luhan-oppa?” asked Dain, another friend of EXO-M, so innocently.

“Good one, Dain,” said grinning Xiumin. Before anyone else could comment, another girl stepped out, carrying her bags, and she spoke formally.

“Guys, we just came all the way to China and are we going to tease each other this way?” asked Hyejoo, only acting annoyed. But Chen doesn’t seem to understand it like the others and quickly apologized.

“I’m sorry, we won’t tease so much!” said Chen, smiling apologetically at her. It wasn’t just to be polite, it was clear as glass to the others that Chen likes Hyejoo more than he realized, and maybe it’s clear to observant Hyejoo also, because she stepped back to be with Hera to tell her, only to be giggled at.

Speaking of realization, the others have seen Kris with his famous straight face, unclear if he was happy or distressed. But at the moment, he was smiling wide, Hyelin’s hand in his, her luggage in the other, which was a real jaw-dropping moment for the others. Kris had just stepped out of his happy trance, when he noticed there was a younger member missing from greeting the five Korean girls.

“Hey, where’s Tao?”

 

***

 

Tao was quiet all the way home, which was a first since Kris rarely scolds him, and this time; for running off too far from the group. Tao had seen an ice cream shop that had a ‘Panda Ice Cream’ special, and he had to try. Unfortunately, the Korean girls, who called themselves SM’s new Dream Girls, not due to debut in another two years, had arrived and the others had left for the girls already, leaving a confused Tao eating his ice cream alone.

Noticing this, Jiyoung the ‘evil maknae’ asked Luhan about Tao.

“He gets like this sometimes, the same as Sehun,” he started, chuckling. “He’s a crybaby, actually. Don’t get fooled by the fact that he does Wushu. He’s just a kid that likes to do some aegyo to get Gucci and cries at ghost stories.”

“He cries at ghost stories?” asked Jiyoung, perking up immediately. Finally, she gets some real dirt.

“Yeah~ we once and told ghost stories in front of him and then he started crying,” told Luhan animatedly, clearly very excited remembering the memory. “Too bad we can’t do that again or Kris will scold us. I mean, we’re not kids, right? But still, Kris is scary!”

“Yeah~” agreed Jiyoung, half paying attention to Luhan after the ghost thing. Well, how could she pay attention when all that she’s thinking of is the best way to prank Tao?

***

 

“Here we are; home sweet home,” boomed Kris as he let the girls into their dorm.

Of course, the girls aren’t staying at EXO-M’s dorm! How scandalous could that get? Their plan is to wait until nightfall to get to their hotel because of many unknown fancams. So, they are staying until 9 PM. Since it’s still 11 AM, Jiyoung thought that maybe she could commence operation ‘Trick Tao’ in the few hours. Good thing it was EXO-M’s break that day before having more schedules tomorrow.

In a matter of minutes, five large suitcases had been stacked at one wall near the window, and everyone was excited and they talked to each other, expressing how much they missed their trainee days together and EXO’s debut and other stuff.

Kris and Hyelin talked privately with each other on one end of the sofa, and there was Chen and Xiumin talking to Hyejoo on the other (practicing Chinese together, no doubt), and because 3 more people wouldn’t fit in a tiny couch, they added chairs. Mostly everyone was sprawled on the floor, talking, like Tao with Dain, who was continuously teasing him with her own bubbly and curious nature. Only Yixing, Hera, Luhan, and Jiyoung were in the kitchen planning silently for Tao’s doom- eh, prank.

“So, do you understand your part Hera and Yixing oppa?” Jiyoung asked for confirmation.

“Yes- get Kris and Hyelin out of the dorm, or else they’re going to get mad at us! Got it!” whispered Yixing excitedly, while Hera just giggled.

“Luhan oppa, you ask Xiumin oppa to hide in the room and prepare the ghost costumes together. Leave Chen so Tao wouldn’t get suspicious, OK?”

“Alright! I’ll say something like, ‘Chen likes Hyejoo, wouldn’t he like to be with her?’” He offered, while silently laughing and clapping, almost identical to a retarded seal (so sorry to diss Sehun’s girlfriend).

“And I’m going to tell Hyejoo to be a fake- what do you call them? Paranormal? I’m not sure. But you guys get it right?” the sound of understanding chimed between the four devilish people.

“This is so fun, and we haven’t even started yet!” giggled Hera with Yixing. Forget the fact that Yixing is the quiet artistic prince; he’s more of a prankster. 

“Operation ‘Trick Tao’ is a go!”

 

***

 

“Kris gege!” called Yixing, walking out from the kitchen with the other 3, Jiyoung, Luhan, and Hera. And because he has disrupted a ‘moment’ between Kris and Hyelin, Yixing received Kris’ death glare.

“What?” he asked shortly. “Can’t you see I’m in the middle of something here?”

“Hera was bored so I thought we could show the her around. And maybe Hyelin would like to come with us?” explained Yixing.

“Yeah! Unni, come with us! It’ll be fun!” trailed Hera, standing next to him.

“Why don’t you go on a date with Hera yourself, Yixing?” asked Kris in a cold-but-cool Kris-like manner. At the question, the two of them blushed wildly. Being the liar she is, Hera quickly regained her bubbly composure, like she didn’t even hear Kris’ comment, and said, “What are you talking about? We want to go out with our leaders! Anybody can join, actually. It’s just that you guys are the leaders and we need permission, of course.” Yixing, who was still a bit flustered, just nodded.

“Alright! We should definitely go!” agreed Hyelin, starting to get up. Being a good leader, she accepted her dongsaeng’s invitation without question, sometimes. Of course, Jiyoung and Hera already knew this so they thought it shouldn’t be a problem in the plan. Kris would follow Hyelin, being the protective boyfriend he is (oh, don’t look so surprised if Hyelin is Kris’ girlfriend!).

“Alright, I’ll go, too,” sighed Kris in defeat, but still smiling up at Hyelin before asking the whole room, “Hey, does anyone want to come with us?”

“No, we’re good!” said the newly informed Xiumin of Jiyoung’s plans through Luhan. “Luhan and I are going to our room to practice Chinese.”

“Hey! Why not with me?” exclaimed the jealous Chen.

“Chen, I know you want to be with Hyejoo right now, and we understand that,” said Luhan calmly. But inside, he is laughing hysterically and proudly because he had been the one that had the genius idea to say that earlier. Luhan and Xiumin left quickly, leaving Chen blushing beat red, trying to hide from furious Hyejoo that was in the middle of saying, “If you want to live tomorrow, take that back Luhan-oppa!”

“I’d love to go, but I’m kind of jetlagged so you guys go ahead!” said bubbly Dain, who had been told of Jiyoung’s plan recently.

“Me and Jiyoung aren’t going, too,” said Hyejoo after calming down from her anger quickly. But, know that Hyejoo is the kind of person who won’t let go of Luhan’s words so easily, and she has a plan of getting back at Luhan later.

“Chen?” questioned Kris, while grabbing his jacket, seeing that Yixing, Hyelin, and Hera had already grabbed theirs after the little agreement.

“No,” said Chen plainly. It seems that Luhan was right after all about Chen’s crush.

“Alright then. We’re going!” Kris announced with his booming voice and before they could step out, a shy voice said, “What about me?”

Turns out, it was teary-eyed Tao, trying to hide his jealousy of Hyelin that has stolen Kris gege from him. “I want to go with gege!” Tao added.

“No- you are grounded for wandering off at the airport,” said Kris, being the responsible leader and figure of authority.

“But, oppa~ buing, buing~” bribed Tao with his special aegyo skills. Usually, this would’ve worked easily, but unfortunately, Kris was holding on to Hyelin for moral support so he could be strong against Tao’s unbeatable aegyo.

“No, Tao,” Kris said with a heavy heart, but also relieved he didn’t give in to the maknae’s aegyo. “Not today.”

And the door was shut, leaving the rest of EXO-M and Dream Girls to hear Tao’s loud cry of defeat, “NO! KRIS GEGE HOW COULD YOU?”

 

***

A few minutes after the other four left, Jiyoung realized it was time for her plan to take action.

“Dain-unni, I’m bored,” whined Jiyoung, like she normally would do, expecting everyone, except for Tao and Chen, to follow her lead.

“What should we do?” Dain asked excitedly.

“How about… we just tell stories,” suggested Jiyoung. “I bet there’s a lot that we haven’t told each other, right Chen oppa?”

“R-right,” he said, stuttering. Probably he’s thinking of what he should tell Hyejoo.

“So, Dain-unni, Hyejoo-unni, Chen oppa, and Tao-oppa!” Jiyoung called. “Do you want to play?” the members had said yes without question, and a delighted Jiyoung struggled to keep a straight face when she’s jumping up and down inside. Yes! The plan is working!

They made a circle in the middle of the living room and they just started like nothing will prank Tao later.

Meanwhile

Kris had no idea where they were going.

They had been driving for half an hour without stopping. Well, how could they stop in broad daylight? People might see the gloriousness of EXO-M and would surround them, trapping them for all of eternity! Which is a long, long time, and they don’t have the luxury of time.

Despite being trapped in a car for hours to come, the ones who were enjoying the ride were the two Korean girls and Yixing, who had been the finest of tour guides.

“Right over there is where- hey! Don’t turn just yet, I wasn’t finished, Kris gege!”

“Sorry,” muttered Kris. “I’m just driving around, I don’t really know a place with no people around.”

“It’s OK, baby~ as long as we are together it’s fun, right?” said Hyelin positively from the front seat next to Kris, leaving Yixing and Hera in the back. Kris nodded, feeling calmer already because of Hyelin.

“Could you guys cut that out for a day at least?” groaned Hera, tired of the mushiness of ‘Krislin’ couple for the past few hours.

“Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you can me and Hyelin,” defended Kris. Good thing in Hyelin’s mind, it’s all teasing, so she isn’t worried for her dongsaeng. But in Hera’s mind, it means war.

“What the hell does that supposed to mean Kris-oppa?”

“Hey, hey~ calm down! We’re here to enjoy a nice tour, not a fight between gladiators. Now, continue on please, Yixing-oppa,” urged Hyelin.

Hera calmed down within the minute, because she got excited of Jiyoung’s plan.

Yixing shrugged off the interruption and continued on with talking nonstop and sometimes exposing some of the members’ habits.

Kris kept on his cold-but-cool face on, trying to focus on making Hyelin have fun. Maybe in that park nearby…

Hyelin kept glancing at everybody else because Kris is too perfect, Yixing is really nervous, and Hera would never go out except it was necessary. What is really going on? Since, Yixing and Hera is the one who asked to go out, she had to ask the two idiots in the backseat later.

Meanwhile

“Luhan, we can’t cut through the sheets to make eye holes!”

“But, Xiumin, we don’t even use these anymore! We have those unicorn ones now!”

“But these are the only ones that looks sane beside the other ones!”

“OK then! Lets make holes in those panda sheets!”

“NO! Absolutely not! Kris will kill us for using his Christmas present to Tao!”

It was quiet bickering between the two members, because trying to make costumes was harder than they thought. Luhan had almost cut through a plain white sheet  (one of the few remaining since EXO-M’s sheets had been changed to sheets with themes such as; unicorn, pandas, dragons and buffalos, etc.) with scissors when Xiumin stopped him.

“Can’t we use anything else?” asked Xiumin, trying to calm his beating heart that had pumped harder in panic.

“Maybe… Do you remember that wig I used to have?”

“What wig? The one- oh~ I see… that wig,” smirked Xiumin remembering what it was for, and it was for something that related to Sehun. “Oh man, I remember when you almost wore that to scare Sehun on his birthday!”

“Now, we’re going to scare Tao with it! How about white shirts? Oh- I know! Bath robes!” exclaimed Luhan like a little boy discovering christmas presents for the first time. He’s also feeling very proud of himself, since he’s created so many awesome ideas that day, starting from Chen’s Crush excuse earlier.

The two grown men laughed like evil little boys do and started to prepare.

 

***

“That was a funny story Dain!” said Jiyoung casually, as if not planning Tao’s meltdown an hour ago.

“I know, right! Hey- what’s up with Hyejoo?”

Panic flooded over them, well, Dain and Jiyoung were the ones who were acting, Tao’s a bit scared, and Chen is overacting. Whilst all the commotion, Hyejoo remained expressionless, as if hearing something… from a far… a whisper… from a lonely spirit…

“What happened to Hyejoo? Hyejoo? Please, talk to us!” said Chen panicking and almost pulling all of his hair out.

“I’m fine,” said Hyejoo stiffly, looking over Tao’s shoulder to stare at something… maybe, someone?

“Wh-what are you l-looking at, Hyejoo?” said Tao, already noticing the change of aura in the room.

“At that little girl there. She’s crying. We need to do something,” she continued.

“WHATZZ?”

“Oh, calm down Tao,” snapped Jiyoung. “This is normal for our Hyejoo.”

“HOW CAN SEEING GHOSTS BE CONSIDERED NORMAL, JIYOUNG?”

“It is. Hyejoo has a gift,” explained Dain shortly, noticing Chen was gawking at Hyejoo, almost to the point of passing out no doubt. “Tell them Jiyoung!”

“OK- once, we were having a slumber party together when suddenly Hyejoo stopped laughing. We all got worried. We asked her, “What’s wrong?” and she said, “It’s pulling me, guys. It’s pulling me!” and we got worried because we weren’t used to it so we just tried to calm ourselves down to help her snap out of it.”

“The girl, she’s still crying guys~” said Hyejoo suddenly, eyes blank. And she points at something behind Tao, who was already paler than usual. Sweat beads had formed in his forehead and neck. “She’s hurt. Blood everywhere.”

“So,” Jiyoung continued, as if not noticing both frightened Tao and Chen. “Hyejoo didn’t snap out of her trance, you see. She told me the story of how the girl, that’s standing behind Tao just now, died. She’s been following Hyejoo ever since that night you know.”

“Please turn off the lights, Tao. The girl would like that very much,” said Hyejoo suddenly, talking to Tao. Tao was too shocked to move and just said, “CHEN gege! You do it!”

“NO! You do it Tao! She asked YOU!” exclaimed a panicked Chen, pushing Tao to the light switch. Tao was already terrified as it is and he couldn’t move, but with the last of his strength, Tao got up, and carefully made his way to the light switch, hoping he didn’t step on invisible blood and a certain crying girl.

“Thank you, Tao,” said Hyejoo, looking at Tao again blankly when he sat down. Tao’s tears were almost falling because he was terrified as hell. If only Kris gege was there to calm him down…

“The story of how the girl died,” Jiyoung started. “She said she was innocent. But they told her otherwise. The girl was accused by her playful sister of stealing their father’s money and she had to be punished. And at the time, the worst punishment there was is to sleep in cold water outside for a night. And so, with a heavy heart, the girl’s mother prepared all of that. The girl cried, and cried that she was innocent but nobody heard her. Until a man came by the backyard, carrying a wushu stick, and he was drunk. The girl had no idea he was there, so she kept crying, and provoked the man to beat her with the wushu stick until she was… DEAD!” shouted Jiyoung at the top of her lungs. Which made both Tao and Chen scream in fright. Tao had already cried so hard it was soaking his sleeve.

“NO! NO! NO!” he said in the midst of sobs.

But Jiyoung wasn’t finished just yet, “Yes, Tao! Now the bloody, dead girl haunts people who have wushu sticks! HAHA!”

“I HAVE A WUSHU STICK! WHAT DO I DO?” screamed Tao.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have told her that Tao,” said Hyejoo, the only calm one in the room. “She will haunt you!”

“NOOOOOOO! KRIS GEGE!” sobbed Tao. Dain couldn’t control her laughter, but Jiyoung had ordered her to keep her quiet, because the surprise wasn’t over just yet.

“She will come and get you Tao! In the middle of the night! She will come and-“

“AAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!” screamed a crying, surprised Tao, because Xiumin and Luhan had come out of the room quietly and hid behind Tao to grab him by the shoulders and screamed, “TAO!” & “BOO!”

“AAAAAAAAAAWWWWGHHHHH*sobs*HELP! HELP!”

The room had burst into laughter in the middle of Tao’s meltdown, Tao had jumped up and fell to the floor sobbing immediately. Luhan, Xiumin, Dain, and Hyejoo, was laughing and rolling like buffalos on the floor. Jiyoung on the other hand was going crazy, saying, “Oh yeah! Master Prankster Jiyoung has done it! MWAHAHAHAHAHA~”

“What? This was a prank?” asked a very surprised Chen.

“YES!” exclaimed a very, very happy Jiyoung. “A very successful prank that is!”

“You guys are evil!” said Tao in the middle of sobbing.

Someone had already turned the lights back on and they brought tissues near Tao to cry with, and Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, and Hyejoo was already in the process of calming Tao down while Jiyoung apologized.

“I’m sorry, Tao! It was a joke! Please stop crying! I’m so, so sorry!”

“I want my Kris gege NOW!”

“Oh yeah, Dain-unni,” called Jiyoung. “Call Hera-unni or Yixing-oppa, we’re done here. They can go home now.”

“You purposely made our leaders disappear for awhile because you want to prank Tao?” asked Chen again.

“Yep~ and while we wait for them to come back, lets watch the video of Tao crying!”

“YOU RECORDED IT?!”

 

Meanwhile…

After another half hour of driving around, Kris stopped at a park that was very quiet and had no one around. The four hopped off the car and started walking towards a playground in the park.

Since Hera isn’t the type to wear heels outside, she and her combat boots ran screaming ‘wheeee~~’ to the swings and played there, followed by a distressed Kris and Hyelin (afraid for their soon-to-be-ruined reputation if they keep hanging out with Hera), and a laughing Yixing.

Hyelin joined Hera in the other swing and Kris lovingly pushed her swing, making Yixing slightly jealous at their relationship.

“So, Hera and Yixing-oppa~” called Hyelin. “Why did you take us outside?”

“We just wanted to have fun, that’s all,” answered Hera calmly.

“I don’t believe that because you’re way too lazy to go outside on your own will,” said Hyelin, eyeing Hera.

“Now what makes you-“

“Don’t lie to me, Hera. If I find out on my own what’s going on I will tell your biggest secret; who your crush is,” threatened Hyelin.

“You wouldn’t-“

“I would,” said Hyelin fiercely, if that kind of fierceness was even possible when swinging cutely like a little girl.

“Should I tell them?” offered Yixing that was sitting on one of the benches across the swing, quietly questioning why Kris rarely said anything. Hera stopped swinging and sighed in defeat. She quickly ran over to Yixing’s bench so when Kris explodes, she’s out of reach.

“OK- you see…Jiyoung is pranking Tao as we speak, and she needed you guys out of the dorm so that-” And Kris nearly lost it.

“WHATZ HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PANDA?”

 

***

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAWWWWGHHHHH*sobs*HELP! HELP!”

Tao’s screams were heard from outside. A panicked Kris, quickly burst through the door, seeing all the members sprawled on the floor watching some kind of movie that featured Tao’s screaming, until Kris finally realized it was a recording of the prank. Furious, Kris said even fewer words.

“Turn. It. Off. Now.”

 Silence flooded the room, which also features guilty expressions from most, but Jiyoung was panicking at Yixing and Hera.

“Now, for those of you who weren’t involved in this prank, please step into your room,” asked Kris in a cold-but-cool-now-even-more-furious way. Chen and Tao abruptly stood up and ran to their room. Kris sighed in frustration at the big number of people that was involved.

“Hyejoo? You too?” asked Kris, who had believed the girl was a really responsible person.

And now comes Kris’ famous death sentences.

“Jiyoung, you are the mastermind of this prank, are you not?”

“I am, Kris-oppa.”

“Have you apologized to Tao?”

“Yes, multiple times, Kris-oppa.”

“And will you accept your punishment?”

Jiyoung gulped, and with a heavy heart she said, “Yes, Kris-oppa.”

“Then your punishment will be to take Tao out shopping tonight.”

“But, I’m kind of jetlagged, so-“

“Tonight.” And with that one word, Jiyoung knew there was no bargaining for another time.

“Alright. But what if Tao shops a lot and I don’t have any money left?”

“Then all you have to do is buy Tao the Gucci bag he wanted yesterday. Just one.”

“A Gucci bag? That costs a fortune!”

“So, shopping it is then,” said Kris, deciding for Jiyoung, who was grumbling.

“The rest of you, clean everything- and by everything I mean even the bathroom and especially Tao’s room. Today, whatever Tao wants, you give it to him, understand?”

A chorus of ‘Yes, Kris!’ was heard.

“Good,” said Kris, feeling powerful.

Although the prank was short, Jiyoung’s pride of being ‘evil maknae’ lives on forever.

ALL HAIL JIYOUNG!!^^

----------

some explanation (maybe you guys don't need this but this is just to be sure)

Hyelin: 92-line

Dain, Hera, Hyejoo: 93-line

Jiyoung: 94-line

please comment^^ thank you! 

lots of love~~!