Chapter 1

A Perfect Moment

 

Taemin's P.O.V-

It was a beautiful and perfect day in New Zealand. Vast green fields spanned in every direction. Even a couple of horses running off in the distance, making the place feel even more surreal.

I raised a hand up to shield my eyes from the sun beating down on me and squinted to look down at the camera crew and a few of my hyung’s goofing off. I hear a sigh from behind me and I turn abruptly, only to see Onew.

“Hard to believe a place like this can even exist,” he said to me, flashing one of his signature goofy grins. “The view from up here is great, too.” He was dressed in a red, orange, yellow and white striped v-neck tee with a pair of jeans and a fashionable straw hat. That outfit looks really great on him… I think to myself.

The two of us are perched on top of a tower of plastic wrapped hay-bales. We hear a shout from our manager and he signals to get ready for the pictures. Since it’s supposed to be a fun picture, we start to goof off. I place one foot on each side of a large gap between to hay-bales and Onew takes his place behind me. After a few giggles and lots of smiling, the cameras and crew begin to walk away to our next destination.

We take one more minute to admire the view once everyone leaves. It seems like the perfect moment, until I feel the plastic start to slip underneath my yellow rain boots. I let out a small squeak as my body starts to fall over the edge.

It seems like magic how fast two strong hands gripped my sides. I let out a huffing noise as my body is caught and pulled back to the safety of the hill.

“Are you okay, Taemin-ah?” Onew asks in a rushed voice. His face appears next to mine and I blush at our faces closeness.

“I’m fine, thank you, hyung.” We both stand there for what seems like hours in this stance, staring at each other.

Wow…this is….perfect. Suddenly, I feel his hands drop from my sides and his body snaps around to a noise that I must not have heard.

Far off, I can see Minho waving his arms at us, signaling for us to come and join everyone. Onew raises his arm as an okay and starts hopping down the levels of hay towards the grass. I follow quickly, not wanting to be left behind.

When I reach the ground, I turn my head in a couple different directions, looking for Onew, who seems to have disappeared. My arm jerks to the left and I get pulled around the corner, only to feel a soft pair of lips crash into mine. At first, my eyes widen in shock and my arms fly up into the air, but they quickly drop on top of Onew’s shoulders and wrap themselves around his neck.

His hands resume the position on my sides and drop down to my waist. I completely melt into the moment. It’s so perfect and unbelievable want to cry at the thought that it might just be a beautiful dream. But I’m snapped back into reality when he slowly pulls away to look at my face.

He smiles at me so sweetly my tooth almost aches. His smile quickly drops into a frown and I realize I’m gaping to open air, stunned by how surreal this all is.

“Taemin, I-” I cut him off by placing my hands at the sides of his face and attacking his lips with mine. He smiles into the kiss and covers my hands with his and pulls them down. He breaks out lips apart and we both walk hand in hand to our next adventure.