Dance! Dance!

Crimson Lotus

Ruki stop to sit on a random bus beach, giving his feet a break after walking for almost an hour.

He pulls out his phone again to see if he had missed calls that he didn’t hear at the time. There were no new calls or messages.

He had tried to call Vera two more times but still she didn’t answer the phone. So throwing out his pride for just a second, he leaves a text message.

After he is done typing the short but simple message he presses send and goes back to his contacts and calls the second name that stood out to him.

The person answers on the second ring. “Hey what’s up?” Reita asks on the other end.

Ruki says, while nibbling on his thumb nail, “where are you? I want to let off some steam and you’re the first person I thought of.”

“Oh I’m so honored!” he announces sarcastically. “But you’re in luck today. There happens to be a few guys talking about us from a different school. Now I don’t really know why they would even care about other people who don’t go to their school, maybe they don’t have anything better to do. So I thought I should call them up, since I already found out one of the ers number. Let’s see if they really are all talk and no bite.” Retia sounds bored from the other line.

Ruki stops biting his already short nail and starts to smile. “That sounds cool. Ok call them and I’ll call Uruha and some other guys.”

---

Ruki lazily walks into the dark park were they promised to meet the talkers. As he walk father into the park he beings to see some figures out in the playground.

Feeling his heart pound against his chest and his hands starting to sweat, sure he was nervous. He wasn’t ready to take on all of them at once. Maybe he can take two of three down before they all gang up on him.

Well might as well let off some steam.’ Ruki surges as he starts walking to them.

The sound of wood chips moving around from under his feet causes the guys to turn their heads and start walking towards him. Ruki stands there ready to fight and stand his ground till his friends can come to help him out.

When the group of guys walk into the light, his body instantly relaxes form the sight of them, because instead of it being the talkers it was his friends.

“What you scared Ruki?” one of the taller boys, Nobu, asks. He isn’t really one of Ruki’s close friends one but he is a damn good fighter so he had asked him to come along.

“Nah I just need a smoke.” He lies.

Then Uruha walks up to them, happily smoking a cig. He looks down and offers one to Ruki and he takes it with a mumble of thanks but decides to save it for later. “Hey can I bum one too?” Jun, another good fighter, asks. Uruha nods and gives one to him.

“So when are these ers coming?” another boy, Sho, asks. Once again, he isn’t really close to Ruki but you can’t go wrong with him by your side in a fight.

“That’s them right there.” Reita says, pointing to the dark figures walking to them.

All conversions stop and everyone started to line up next to each other. The talkers consist of ten people, while Ruki’s group just had six. But his group has faced bigger groups and people before, so they weren’t scared.

But he couldn’t say that for the talkers. They didn’t look too sure of themselves let alone the guy next to them and that is a big no, no in a fight because you have to be confident in yourself and trust the guy next to you that you have his back and he the same.

Why would they come if they can’t really do anything and are scared less?’ Ruki asks himself, shaking his head. He has a feeling this is going to end way to fast.

“Let’s just get this over with.” One of the boys from the talker steps up. He is about the same height as Reita, maybe even a little shorter than him. But that is about all Ruki can make out because his back is facing the street light so his front is just a dark shadow.

He walks up to Uruha and looks him up and down. “It’s true you do look like a ing girl!” he laughs holding his tummy and turns to his friends. “Is it only me that wants him to be a girl secretly, so they can do him?” the guys behind him chuckle in agreement.

Uruha takes one last drag of his before he drops it to the floor and puts it out with the heel of his combat boots. “What did you say about me?” He asks calmly.

The idiot gets in his face and points a finger at Uruha’s chest. “I said that you look like a girl.”

“Oh he’s going to get ed up now!” Reita whispers. Ruki nods in agreement. You see Uruha has a HUGH pet peeve about being compared to a weak little girl. It’s not his fault that he was born that way.

Just when the dumb talker said those forbidden words, Uruha punches him in the face. The guy falls to the ground with his hands on his face. Uruha smiles down on him and even chuckles.

That’s when all hell broke loss.

At that punch the talkers just stated going ape. Uruha was still punching the hell out of the dude when some other guy comes up and starts kicking Uruha in the back and Reita was too busy with one of the much bigger guys to go help him out and so were the other two. So Ruki hit the guy he was struggling with one more time.

Once he hit the ground, the short blond boy marches over there and gives the talker a good solid punch to the kidney.

The boy grunts in pain and drops to the ground. Ruki towers over him, which is something he doesn’t experience much. He shakes his hand from side to side from the punch so he knows the dude must be in a lot of pain.

But not satisfied with just one hit, Ruki starts to kick him a couple of times till he is sure he won’t get up for a while. Next he grabs Uruha hand, helping him off the ground.

When Uruha is back on his feet someone tackles Ruki and in seconds he is on the ground getting punched everywhere. He was smart enough to bring his arms in front of his face to protect it.

He started to groan in pain because his arms were reaching their limit. So thinking fast his knee makes contact with the side of the guys ribs. The dude now rolls over in pain.

Ruki gets up and straddles him and starts to punch him well over the point of losing consciousness. Then he starts to feel something tugging at his collar.

He tries to break free but he was pulled off the ground. He turns, snarling like a wild animal at the person ready to take him on, but then he stops because he looks at Reita. “Chill out man, the fight is over.”

Ruki blinks a few times to clear his mind. He looks around to see all of the talkers were on the ground either knocked out cold or groaning in pain.

He lifts his eyes off the ground to look up at his friends, to see that everyone was standing. Well maybe some not so straight, but non-the-less still standing.

The short blond cracks his neck and rolled his shoulders. ‘I knew they were not going to last long.’ He complains. He still feels hot like he wanted to punch more people or something of that mater.

He was about to ask Reita if there were any more guys that they could beat up, his phone vibrates. With a click of his tongue he pulls it out and sees that he has a new text message.

He flips it open to see, to his surprise, that it was from Vera. He quickly opens it seeing a picture of a building with a bright sign saying Pink Chair. Ruki scrolls down with an eyebrow raised. Then he sees a single word: club.

“Hey have any of you guys heard of the club called Pink Chair?” he asks, still looking at the screen.

“Yeah that’s the club I wanted to check out before.” Reita speaks up first.

“Want to go?” Ruki asks with a smile forming on his face.

Everyone agrees and Jun even suggests on inviting some girls along to make it more fun.

“Ok one girl for the each of use.” Uruha says.

Everybody nods in agreement and starts to go on their phones. Ruki goes into his contacts and calls his ‘mermaid’.

---

The six boys are stand outside in line waiting for the girls to come. Sho pulls out a baggy from his back pocket and pulls out a little white joint from it. Lighting it up, he takes a long drag then passes it to Uruha, who just surges and also takes a drag.

It continues to go down the group of guys till it reaches Ruki. He looks at the little bud for a while, then just surges and brings it up to his lips. This was stronger than any normal cig but it made him feel relaxed, so he didn’t really care to ask what it was.

They smoke the rest of the thing right when the girls finally come in a group. “Hey guys!” Uruha’s girl, the one from the café, giggles and hooks her arm with Uruha’s. Ruki can’t even remember her name.

Everyone grunts a ‘hi’ back too busy with their own girls in front of them. Akako makes a face upon looking at Ruki. “Why are you wearing the same clothes that you had on at school?” she asks harshly with her hand on her hip. She had on a short green dress and black pumps. She had her long red hair down styled in loose waves. With the green dress it made her look like the super villain from batman, poison ivy. And at this moment she is kind of fitting the part.

He just surges, not wanting to talk about it.

They wait in the little line for what seemed like awhile. The girl started complaining that their feet were staring to hurt and that they would not want to dance like that. Ruki looks up at the night sky trying to ignore the girls ing and Akako annoying clinginess.

He tries to look for some stars but can’t see any because of all of the street lights. “I wish I could see the stars.” He says more to himself.

“Really?” Akako looks up at the sky, “I like how the sky looks now.” She adds.

Ruki just rolls his eyes and continues to look up, hoping to at least see one star.

---

When they walk into the club, Ruki instantly spots Vera sitting at the bar. ‘I’ve found my starry sky!’ he thinks as he looks at Vera’s y dress that resembles a sky sprinkled with white stars.

He couldn’t take his eyes off her even when he felt someone pulling him into a booth. “What do you want to drink Ruki?” a distant voice asks.

“Huh?” he asks in confusion, tearing his eyes away from the sliver eyed girl with the y dress long enough to see Nobu talking to him.

“They have strong drinks like vodka and tequila. They also have beer if you’re into that.” Nobu reads some of the drinks to him.

The short blond shakes his head in disgust. “I don’t drink alcohol.” Only the people close to him would understand why. An awkward silence falls on the table but Ruki doesn’t seem to notice because he goes back to watching Vera.

She is talking to this girl in pink when they get up and head to the dance floor. He watches her sway her body to the music and jumping from person to person. ‘She’s a good dancer.’ He thinks with a smile on his face. Her dress is so short that he can finally see what that mystery tattoo she has on her thigh is. ‘So it a koi fish huh.’ He his lips while looking at her thigh that look miles long for some reason.

“Come on Ruki let’s dance!” Akako whines, pulling on his arm to get his attention. He looks at the table to see that all his other friends where either making out with each other or already on the dance floor.

“Sorry I don’t dance.” He says getting up without looking back at her as he made his way to Vera on the hot dance floor.

She had suddenly stopped dancing which was good for him so he would have to fight any more people to get to her. But then she starts to walk off again so he ran up to her and unconsciously wrapped an arm around her waist. ‘Wow she is so small that she fit perfectly in my arm.’

Wanting to be closer to her, he spins her around and brings her to his chest. But she starts to hit him in all the places where he got hit in the fight before. He bits his cheek and tightens his arms around her waist and then she stops hitting him. ‘Thank god!’ he sighed as he brings her even closer. She kept hitting his bruises.

“What are you doing here?” she asks angrily when she finally finds out who it is. At the moment the club lights change from the colorful blues, pinks, purples, and yellows to strobe lights making everyone look like they are going in slow motion. But he could still look into those grey eyes that looked like real silver tonight.

“What I can’t go to a club to party with some friends?” he asks with a seductive smile playing on his full lips and daring his hands to go a few centimeters down her back. Oh how he loves the feel of her skin sliding against his rough hands.

“Why did you have to pick this one when, I’m pretty sure, there are plenty other ones to choose from.” She doesn’t seem to notice that his hands are getting near the small of her back because she looks around them and continues, “And I don’t see any of your friends around.”

He didn’t notice that they had started dancing to a fast song but he didn’t seem to mind though. “I lost them in the crowd” he lied against her ear sending shivers down her body. ‘Cute!’ he thinks.

“Well you should go look for them then.” She whispers back. But it doesn’t seem like she wants him to go because she slides her arms around his neck and starts moving her hips against his. He also notices that her s are pushed up against his chest.

He looked at her innocent smile like she didn’t know what she was doing. But she was doing something right because he had to admit that he is by her soft body rubbing against him. Then she does something that is driving him crazy. She tilts her head to one side to expose her beautiful white neck. He just looks at it for what felt like a life time. He felt like a vampire because of how much he wanted to taste her.

With a throaty grunt he finally losses his composure and drops his plump pink lips to her neck. He begins to kiss her softly, starting from her collarbone. He is satisfied when he hears Vera gasp. He couldn’t help but let a big smile grace his face.

They still moved to the fast music and he continued to kiss her sweetly, moving painfully slow, up her neck. When he was only a few inches away from her lips, he pulls away and stares at her for a little bit more. Then with a smile he finally slides his hands down to her and pushes her against him.

Her eyes go wide and her body stiffens for a millisecond then she starts to move with him. ‘Ah my night stars never cease to amazes me!’ he thinks and pushes her up against him again.

He his lips and begins to drop his head back to her neck when he hears a voice behind him calling her. At the sound of that person’s voice Vera jumps a little and stops dancing against him.

Just as fast as the two teens got close together, their bodies separated from each other. She pushes herself off him and quickly joined the tall girl in pink and left Ruki standing on the dance floor dumbfounded.

He looks down and sees glitter on him and his clothes. ‘Cinderella has left a little bit of her fairy dust behind.’ He thinks with a grin.

He was still watching her leave when he feels arms wrapping around him like disgusting octopus tentacles. He hears Akako yell over the music, “What was that about?” she tries to see what he was looking at but she had already left.

Ruki rolls his eyes. Turning around, he kisses her on the lips. “It was nothing… just having some fun.” He says.

“I thought you didn’t dance.” She looks at him with a hand on her hip.

“What? When did I ever say that?” He asks like she said the most stupid thing ever.

“When you got up and went to the dance floor. That’s when, you .”

“Just shut up and dance with me.” he says as he wraps his arms around her. She should feel familiar in his arms since she is his girlfriend, right? But she felt like a stranger to him and he didn’t like the feeling.