Down the Rabbit Hole

Wonderland? [HIATUS]

 

Once upon a time, there lived three twin sister named Beatrice Hathaway, Amaline Hathaway, and Millefiorie Hathaway. They are the daughters of Earl Hathaway and Lady Hathaway. And as nobles, they behave really good.
 
Every afternoon, Earl Hathaway and Lady Hathaway will send their children and a few maids to a lake inside a forest near their residence. And indeed, the twins really fond of this rutinity. Because their life as a noble was absolutely tiring, and the fresh air is what a tired person need. And if I could add, the landscapes near the lake is extremely beautiful.
 
The twins always use that time to do things they like. For Beatrice, it will be drawing or reading a few fantasy books. For Amaline, it will be either drawing, writing stories, or eating. And for Millefiorie, it will be singing or read a numerous titles of literature books for her beloved velveteen rabbit, Junsu.
 
No matter how everyone tried to tell her that she's too old for playing with dolls, Millefiorie still loves Junsu. She treats Junsu as a human, as a friend. She talks with it, plays with it, sings for it, and even gave it noble clothes. Junsu has a complete collection of clothes and accessories, from pajamas to tuxedos, from socks and even gold pocketwatch.
Just like how Millefiorie kept Junsu in his sight, she always kept the golden pocketwatch near Junsu. She said that Junsu really loves his pocketwatch, and if he didn't bring it, he'll be so sad and she don't want that to happen.
 
 
That was a bright summer afternoon, and they were having picnic near the lake, enjoying the afternoon. But today, no maids come with them, because they want to have some times alone. They only accompanied by a pot of tea, lots of scones and sandwiches, and some pancakes.
As usual, Beatrice was drawing, Amaline was writing something in his blue notebook and Millefiorie was reading a book loudly for Junsu. The book entitled Alice in Wonderland.
 
Suddenly, the velveteen rabbit began to move it's little, white velveteen feet. Then it streched out it's hands.
 
"Amy, Bea, look! Junsu moves! He is alive!" Millefiorie said excitedly.
"It is not Millie. Dolls don't move. Three of us know you're too old to made up these kinds of stories." Beatrice said, but she even didn't made an effort to lift her eyes from her sketch book.
"No, she didn't lie. Look!" Amaline pointed out her index finger at Junsu.
 
And Bea gasped. Everyone became speechless.
I bet you want to know why, don't you? It's because Junsu was not a velveteen rabbit anymore, but he became a white rabbit with silky fur. Despite the alteration of his form, he still wearing the golden silk vest and the cotton pants Millefiorie gave.
 
Once again, Junsu streched out his arms and legs, as if he just woke up from a long, deep sleep. After that, he stare at three pairs of eyes that looked at him, which seemed shocked but curious. He blushed, and ran to the depths of the dense forest--this was the most shocking fact--with two foots.
And, of course, Millefiorie--without realizing the way Junsu ran--impulsively ran, chase him.
 
"Junsu! Wait! Oh, my lovely rabbit, where would he go?" she said, while chasing Junsu.
Worried about their clumsy youngest sister, Amaline and Beatrice quickly chase Millefiorie. 
"Millie! Millie! Don't be so spontaneous, would you?" Amaline shouted from afar. But Millefiorie was too busy chasing Junsu that she didn't listen to Amaline.
 
Beatrice, who had passed this forest before, feeling really astonished. What she had seen before was a humid, scary rainforest with tall trees spreading everywhere. But this is totally different with what she had seen before. This forest feels warm and... friendly.
 
Golden sunshine waft out trough narrow spaces between the green leaves, decorating the ground with warm squares of sunshine. Zephyr caress their cheeks gently. The forest's inhabitant looked at them with curiousity, while birds tweeting around, as if they wanted to say welcome to the three girls. But the worst thing of being in rush is you didn't saw every nice thing happened. And, unfortunately, that happened to Millefiorie, Amaline and Beatrice.
 
All of a sudden, Junsu stopped in front of a large, dark hole which lay in the ground. Millefiorie, Amaline and Beatrice stopped a few metres from the hole, afraid of the risk. And before they could take a breath, Junsu already jumped to the large hole.
 
"Oh no," Millefiorie cries,"...I don't want to go home without my Junsu! Poor Junsu, left alone in a cold and dark hole like that! Junsu! Junsu! Please come back to me!" She lay down and stretched out her neck, trying to search for Junsu. But, as we know, she found nothing.
"He'll be ok, believe me," Amaline tried to persuade Millefiorie.
"We'll search for it--him, I mean--tomorrow, ok? We'll accompany you. Now, Let's go home." Beatrice said.
Millefiorie gave them a faint, sad nod, but when she tried to stand up, her hands slipped.
 
And she fell down.
 
Without thinking twice, Beatrice and Amaline jumped into the hole, following their youngest sister.