The Crying Fountain

The Crying Fountain

Kris lets go of the startled Baekhyun as they hear the fast running steps of someone fleeing the scene where they had lain together, he turns away from Baekhyun and gathers his now cold clothes, the stars seem a little less bright to Kris. The moon a little bit dimmer. Baekhyun opens his mouth to speak, but stops when Kris cuts him short


"As we lay under the stars, watching the moon change and turn, I realised how much I love you. I can't look into those deep brown eyes of yours, with the flickering eye lashes and the perfect cheeks framing your face. I can't deny that I love you.
I know who you are, and you know who I am. You belong to another, As you once belonged to me in another life. You hold him, as you kissed me. You love him, as you once only looked at me. Now you see me, and turn your light away, as you ignore the darkness that I have become without you. As you see me break, and stop putting me together. I am alone now, so alone."

Kris's voice chokes as he turns to look at the crying Baekhyun. His face softens. He remembers him so. His soul recognises the man before him. As his heart hardens, he carries on with what he knows he must do.


"I wish you happiness in your life, and know that I will always love you. But I can't let you break me anymore Baekhyun. I can't. I can't look at you and him, and pretend that I don't care. I can't plead my indifference any longer. This is the last time that I will be coming here, I have nothing left to say. One night under the moon, one last touch beneath  the quiet fountain. We were interrupted, and perhaps that is for the best. You need to go back to him. You need him, more than you need me now. Until another life, a different time. We who were once soul mates, cannot even retain a friendship now. There is nothing left to say."


Kris turns from a shocked Baekhyun, as he cries a single tear that Baekhyun will never see. He turns, and lets go of the earth, and leaves a piece of himself down there, down where Baekhyun crumbles into the floor beneath the moon, as his salt tears mix with the quiet and disjointed cries that is the fountain.