she's gone

burning heart

 

meet me at the usual at 5. 

jiyong read the message over and over again. ever since their little (or maybe not so little) fight two weeks ago, sandara had refused to pick up any of his calls or reply any of of his messages but here was a text from the lovely lady herself. he mulled over it, wondering what she could possibly want from him after screaming that she hated him and storming out of his house. shrugging on his favourite jacket, he grabbed his car keys and left for their favourite haunt.

jiyong contemplated not turning up as he switched off the ignition but he knew he couldn't bring himself to do such a thing. sandara was his air, his life.

he was early so he settled down into a seat near the window of the coffee shop, keeping an eye out for his girl. soon, a slim and small figure came into his line of vision. she was as beautiful as ever and a grin stretched across jiyong's lips as she approached. 

"jiyong." sandara acknowledged him with a brief nod as she slipped into her seat, emotionless

he was confused. she was acting like they were total strangers, their relationship now seeming like a strictly professional one. but he kept quiet, after all he was the one at fault.

"so why did you call me here today?"

jiyong watched as she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second. his eyes traced the bridge of her nose to her rosy cheeks and down to her pretty lips. she was perfect to him. she opened her eyes again and his attention was drawn back to them, the windows to her soul. and today, there was something different about them - they were both cold and reluctant, as though the two conflicting emotions were waging a war within her.

"ji, i think, i think it's time to break up. don't look me up again."

she broke away from his gaze and turned to walk off. jiyong sat there, shell shocked by her words. it wasn't possible. they'd been through so many fights before this and it just didn't make any sense for her to break up with him then. his mind understood what she had told him but his heart denied it, he just wasn't ready for it. by the time he had recovered his senses and dashed out of the door, frantically looking to both sides of the road for her lithe frame, she was long gone.

jiyong took small steps back, leaning against the lamp post as he took deep and slow breaths. he shut his eyes tight and knotted his eyebrows together, refusing to let any tears slip out. it felt like his world had come crashing down on him, it felt like his heart had exploded and shattered into so many pieces that it could never be pieced back together.

where had this all began? was it something he did? no, he told himself, it couldn't be him. as far as he could tell, he was as good and true to her as the best boyfriend could be. did she find someone else then? were her words of loving him forever all lies then?

the more jiyong thought about it, the more his heart wrenched at the thought of her being with some other man. it hurt him so much, like his heart was shrinking and twisting until it disappeared. he felt like he was about to die. no matter how much he tried to tell himself it was just a horrible nightmare, the truth remained. her words were etched in his mind.

she had left him. sandara, the love of his life. his ssantokki. she was gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sleep finally overtook him at 7am in the morning, just as the sun slowly inched its way up in the sky. he had spent the entire night looking through their old photos he had kept in a pretty little album they had bought together on their first year anniversary. jiyong missed the way she used to smile at him, like he was her favourite person in the whole wide world. he missed the way her eyes lit up whenever she saw him, like the dazzling lights decorating the streets during christmas. he hadn't realised before that she had stopped reacting like that towards him for the last god knows how many months and it pained him once again when he finally did. 

when he awoke, it was dark outside and jiyong clumsily reached out for the clock by his bed, spilling his water onto gaho who was curled up by his bed in the process. he muttered an apology to gaho who barked in annoyance and lifted the clock towards his face. he squinted his eyes at the bright light from the clock which read 7:35pm so it was no wonder that the sun had already set. the sun. taeyang.

his mind flashed back to an coincidental meeting with sandara a month or two ago. he had visited the pet shop to pick up jolie - gaho's new companion, when he saw her with a muscled guy having some ice cream. he seethed at the thought of sandara doing something so date-like with another man but kept his anger under control. walking over towards them, he kissed sandara on the cheek.

"hey baby girl."

sandara was wide eyed upon his appearance and the smile on her face immediately vanished.

"h-hey ji, what are you doing here?"

"i came to pick up jolie." jiyong cradled jolie like a baby in his arms, as though to prove what he had said.

"how about you? i thought you were going to meet bom noona?"

"uh yeah, i did in the morning. i went for dance class after that and i had lunch with taeyang, my friend from dance class. taeyang, this is jiyong. jiyong, this is taeyang." she briefly introduced the two and the two men made eye contact with each other without a word. his feelings were somewhat hurt by her lack of explanation that he was her boyfriend, her special someone.

"ji, i'll come over later tonight. i'll bring some dinner over." sandara gave him a weak smile, interrupting the little battle between them. 

"alright then, i'll see you later dara." jiyong kissed her on the cheek once again and left. he didn't want to come off as an over possessive and jealous boyfriend. 

that was that and it was soon forgotten. but now, as jiyong recalled the incident in detail, it seemed like sandara did have another man after all.

____________________________________________

hey everyone, sorry it took me forever to write this. /bricked

but yeah, the second and final part of this fic will be up by sunday!

and in case you haven't already realised, this is an angst fic so there's no happily ever after.

unless you like tragic and twisted endings. /judges you all

anyway, i hope you all liked it~

____________________________________________

니가 떠난 사실이 믿기 싫어서 이리 단지 끝이 보이지 않는 외로움에 만취

I don’t want to believe that you’ve left so I’m soaked into the loneliness that I can’t see an end to