Meet

Regret

 

May 13, 2003 Tuesday

 

“Is it still raining dear?”Umma asked me.

I’m staring outside the window don’t know what to do. Rain is pouring down so hard that I can’t go outside and have fun with my best friend. We have an agreement that we will meet in our secret hideout, but because of the rain it got delayed. I can’t even play Xbox with my brother who is busy reading a book. This is why I hate rain, I can’t do anything. It always ruins a great day. I sigh in defeat. I was about to go upstairs when Umma called me.

“Dear, you haven’t answered my question yet?”Umma asked me once again.

“Umma, isn’t it obvious?”I said rudely.

Umma approached me and hugged me tight. My eyes widened, even Hyung’s as well. Yes, we were shocked and surprised at the same time. Why? Well, Umma never did that to us. Hugging and kissing stuff, she hates it. She doesn’t like sweet things. So unusual, right?

I let go of her and look at her with confusion in my eyes. “Did you just hug me?” I asked. I even put my hand on her forehead to see if she has a fever or something.

She chuckled and holds my hand. “Hae, are you still angry at us?” She asked.

All of a sudden, my mind went blank. I looked at a different direction, my fists closing really hard. Remembering those conversations with her and Appa made him want to punch someone’s face. For a 15 year old like him and knowing that you’re getting engaged, you’ll really going to get mad and wants to punch someone’s face.

 

FLASHBACK

 

I was busy playing soccer with my best friend when a maid approached me and told me that Appa was calling me. I excused to my friend and went inside the manor. I readied my poker face because I know that it will be a long sermon.

As expected, I can’t see any emotion on Appa’s face but what caught my attention was Umma’s uneasiness. Somehow, something’s bothering her and I can’t tell it.

I sat in front of my Father and waited for his announcement. After a long silence he finally spoke.

“Hae, do you want us to be proud of you?”He asked me in a very low tone.

I just looked at him straight in his eyes that are full of authority. I can sense that Appa is planning something that I wouldn’t like.

Appa continued, “Tomorrow, my business partner will be coming here together with his daughter. By 7 pm you must be ready because we will be discussing your engagement with his daughter.”

WHAT?! ENGAGEMENT?!I shouted inside my mind.

Still shocked by Appa’s announcement, I still manage to talk. “But Appa?! How can you do this to me?!”

“It’s been decided, Hae. You’ll be marrying her as soon as both of you reaches the age of 23.” He stood up and was about to leave the room when I grabbed his arm.

“Why can’t it be Hyung? He’s older than me and his more responsible than I am.” My voice gargling, trying not to cry in front of Appa.

“Waeyo?”There’s sarcasm in his voice. “Like what you said earlier, his more responsible than you are. He brought a lot of honor in this family. And you? Not a single one. So, if you want to bring honor in this family, do as I say,” And he left without looking back. Umma followed him leaving me inside the empty room.

Not noticing, a tear fell from my eye, leaving a trail of water on my cheek.

Why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong?I kept asking myself these questions.

I left the room with big paces and went to the garden where my best friend was waiting for me. As soon as I arrived she smiled at me that eased my pain a little bit. And on that moment, I realized something that will make me happy for the rest of my life.

“I don’t want to marry any woman except for her.”I whispered softly.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Seriously, isn’t arrange marriage an old school? I can’t marry a girl that I haven’t known before. It’s just a plain joke. I mean, really?!

I went back to my senses when I felt a soft hand caressing my cheek. I looked at Umma with my pleading eyes, hoping that she will understand and forget about that stupid arrange marriage.

“I’m so sorry Hae, I really am. I just couldn’t disobey your Appa’s orders. Please understand.”I can see in her eyes that she’s also sympathizing.

“I don’t know…”I let go of her and distance myself. Why can’t she disobey Appa? I’m her son for goodness sake?! I deserve to be happy with the woman I love! Why can’t they understand that?

She stared at me for a while. I did the same. I looked at her eyes that are full of sincerity. I took a deep breath and hugged her tight. How can I stay mad at her? She’s still my mom.

“I’m sorry too, Umma…”I whispered in her ear. I heard her sniff and felt her shoulder shaking. “… But I can’t do it,” I continued.

I released her and run upstairs straight to my room. I started to cry when I locked the door closed. I wanted to shout but there’s no voice coming out of my mouth, only tears flowing from my eyes like a river. There’s no use in crying. Today’s the day I’m going to meet my fiancée to be.

I want to disobey my father and go somewhere without them knowing where I am. But how? I don’t know where to go and don’t know how to live all by myself.

Maybe I should go to her house and hide there until I turn 23 and marry her.With that thought all of my problem disappeared and replaced by her smiling face. Thinking of her always eased my pain. I smiled at the thought. I may look like a crazy guy but I can’t help it.

My daydreaming was cut off when I heard knocks on my door. I hurriedly dried my face and faced the door. I was about to open the door when I heard her shout.

“Hae! You better open this door or I’m gonna kick it till it breaks!”She shouted still knocking the door.

A smile on my face formed. Oh, this girl always makes him smile. Excited to see her, I opened the door and gave her my sweetest smile that I can give. But my face fell when I was greeted by a raging face. What did I do?I looked at her from top to bottom. She was wet all over and shaking.

“Y-you j-jerk!”She punched me in the chest that made me wince.

“Ouch. What are you doing here Soo? Didn’t you know that there’s a storm coming? You’re such an idiot girl, you know that?”I crossed my hand in front of my chest.

“The hell with you!”She tried to punch me once again but fortunately I caught it. I grabbed her hand and pulled her near me. I can feel that she stopped shaking and just let her head rest on my chest.

“Are you still cold?”I whispered huskily in her ear. She shook her head. We stayed like that for a few minutes. I can feel heat coming from her body and it’s making me warm all over.

I let go of her for a while and went to my closet to get a towel. When I was away from her I felt that my heart feels like an empty hole. A hole that can never be filled unless I’m beside her.

I went to her and dried her face. “Why are you here anyway? It’s raining like hell outside.”

She pouted. “Umma told me the news. I was about to tell it to you in our secret hideout but it rained. So I went here.”

I stopped and looked at her. “What news?” I asked innocently.

She smiled at me but it didn’t reach her ear. Her eyes were full of sadness. “Umma told me that you’re getting engaged.” She lightly punched me on my arm. “Congrats Hae. I hope that you’ll be happy with her.”

“Is that why you’re here?”I asked her.

She looked down and nodded her head. I can feel that my heart was breaking into a million pieces. I can’t even look at her straight.

“I better go now Hae.”She was about to go out when I grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

“You just have arrived Soo. Why not stay here for a while. It’s raining outside, you might get sick and make me worry.”I pleaded. I don’t want her to leave me.

She tried to let go but I tightened my grip. “Just let me go Hae. And probably your fiancée will be here any minute. You don’t want your father to be disappointed, right?”

“Soo—”

“Master, your father is waiting for you in the dining hall. He’s with his guests.”A maid came.

I felt Sooyoung tried to get away from my grip and succeeded. She looked at me and smiled. “See you when I see you Hae.” And left the room.

It’s like a part of him went away when Sooyoung left the room, his heart.

I went to the dining hall and saw my father talking to a man and a girl beside him. I stayed at the door for few seconds when the girl slowly turned around and saw me. She smiled sweetly and stood up.

“Annyeonhasaeyo. Im Yoona-imnida. It’s nice to finally meet you, Hae-oppa.”

 

 

 

Hi there people of the Earth!! *waves*

So here’s another story of SooHae and it’s all for the SooHae fans out there or should I call The Shadows. (New name for the SooHae shippers XD)

Sorry for the grammars. I’ll do my best next time. —,—

For the story, First Dance, I’ll update it soon, I promise. It’s just that school already started and I have to review for my entrance exams for college. T.T

So please, subscribe and comment. :D