Don't Leave

Attached To You

"I'm sorry."

"No! I don't want to hear that!"

"I really am sorry."

"P-please, don't do this, Sungyeol. Just d-don't."

"Forgive me."

"Don't you dare close those eyes on me! Keep them open! Look at me!"

Sungyeol's eyes drooped slightly, and despite the situation, he still managed a small smile on his bloodied lips. His hand on the younger male began to weaken, but the latter gripped it tighter.

"Y-you have to learn to let me go."

"I...I c-can't. How could I? I can't."

"Please. It'll be harder --"

"It won't be! Please don't leave me alone like this."

"Y-you won't be alone. I'll forever be --" Sungyeol paused, coughing up some more blood, and Myungsoo couldn't help but choke on his sobs at the sight. "I'll forever be..." he continued, his free hand coming up to rest on where he thought the younger male's heart would be. "...here. Do you hear me? Always."

Myungsoo's hand overlapped Sungyeol's, squeezing it as though his life depended on it. "P-please don't leave me. Don't go where I can't follow."

Sungyeol merely smiled, his breath hitching. He knew his time was almost up, but he could do nothing to stop it. Both males would have to get hurt, one way or the other. He loved the younger of the two a lot, and he'd never leave him if given the choice. 

His eyes grew heavy (an unusual feeling, he thought), and his hands fell limply to his sides.

"Yeol? Sungyeol-ah! Wake up! Don't go to sleep forever!" Myungsoo wailed, shaking the older male's lifeless shoulders. "Why...w-why?" he sobbed loudly when he received no response. "Take me with you, Yeol. T-take me with you..."



~*~*~*~*~*~



"Myungsoo?" Woohyun voiced out warily, carefully making his way inside the quiet apartment that belonged to his bestfriends. "Sungyeol?"

He frowned when he received no response. No sound at all, in fact. Only his heavy breathing sounded, and he grew uneasy at the uncharacteristic atmosphere. Where are you guys?

"Guys -- come on, don't play a joke on me now. Seriously...Myungsoo, Sungyeol!"

Forget about honorifics, Woohyun was panicking now.

He rubbed his arms, suddenly feeling chilly. Where are you? The door was unlocked, and it only meant that the two were at home, right? He did knock, but no reply, and he did press the bell, and again no reply. Nothing in the apartment seemed out of place, everything seemed fine; nothing out of the ordinary -- save for the eerily quiet atmosphere.

His instincts told him to lead his feet to the master bedroom, and he had a feeling he wouldn't like what he'd see.

He was hoping, so much, for Sungyeol to pop his head out of nowhere with a loud 'Boo! Gotcha, you greasetree!', a ridiculous grin plastered on his face and laughing that stupid, addictive, obnoxious laughter of his. Or for Myungsoo to just saunter into the living room with his iPad, acknowledging the visitor with a small smile on his lips, smacking his boyfriend at the back of the head for being too loud.

This never happened, though. He was still greeted by the chilly air.

Nevertheless, Woohyun took a deep breath, and headed for the bedroom door. He turned the doorknob slowly, afraid. I'm not intruding, no...I'm not. Pushing the door open with failing strength, he released his breath he didn't realize he was holding.

The bedroom was dark, and he could see nothing. At all.

Strange. Why is it completely dark? It's blinding dark!

His nose sniffed something weird, a smell so familiar yet he was unsure what it was.

"Myungsoo-yah? Sungyeol-ah?" Woohyun's voice wavered, and he palmed the walls in search of the light switch. "Damn it, why is it completely dark?"

His hand finally touched something -- a light switch, he presumed -- and he flicked it.

What he saw next will forever be imprinted in his mind.

Woohyun let out a loud gasp, covering his mouth with both his hands, his eyes glistening with tears that threatened to fall.

Sungyeol.

Myungsoo.

He wanted to scream, he really did, but his voice decided to leave him for the moment.

The lamp from the nightstand had crashed down the floor, pieces of sharp glasses scattered. The only picture frame from the bedside table had also fallen, glass shards all over the carpet. The bedsheet used to be pure white, but now it was covered in red -- a colour he hoped to not be what he thought it would be, but his suspicions wouldn't have been thrown aside if not for the disturbing sight on the floor.

Sungyeol laid lifeless on the carpeted-floor, a pool of blood around his body. His eyes were closed, and one of his hands covered a part of his stomach; a deep gash, it seemed. Dried blood marked down his chin to his pale neck.

Myungsoo's upper body was on top of the older male's outstretched legs, his back facing Woohyun. His eyes, on the other hand, weren't closed. His dark, inanimate orbs stared into the distance, his mouth slightly agape. His right hand was pale, and it still gripped a piece of the shattered glass from the floor. The blood from that hand still hadn't stopped flowing.

A patch of dark maroon stained Sungyeol's jeans on his upper thigh, which Woohyun assumed must have dripped from Myungsoo's mouth.

Neither of them were breathing...

...neither of them were breathing. Nor moving.

Woohyun snapped out of his frozen state, immediately making a run towards his friends. He got down on his knees, shaking both males' frames, hoping to wake them up, his heart beat racing erratically.

"Sungyeol-ah, wake up, please!" he cried out. How he wished the boy would just snap his eyes open, laughing in his face at how priceless he looked and how he fell for one of his pranks again.

Woohyun wiped his tears away harshly, proceeding to the youngest of the three. "Myungie...w-wake up...please blink those eyes!" he screamed in frustration, coming out in loud sobs instead.

No matter how much he tried to awake the two to consciousness, it was futile. They stayed the same; neither of them sitting up, pointing a finger in his face, laughing at how Cuckoo he was to have fallen for such a prank.

Dried-up blood covered his palms and shirt, and he didn't care how wet his jeans felt; after all, he was kneeling on a pool of blood.

"Sungyeol...Myungsoo..." Woohyun's voice cracked, hands shaking as they made their way to touch their faces.

What should I do? I don't know what to do. "Sunggyu-yah, come over. Help me out here."



~*~*~*~*~*~



Meanwhile, somewhere in a far off place...

"Woohyun-ah...Sunggyu-yah, please don't cry."

Sungyeol frowned as his bestfriends watched their bodies, covered in white sheets, being carried out by the medics.

A figure stood behind him, trying to be as quiet as he could.

"Myungsoo-yah." Sungyeol called out, turning his whole form around to face the younger. The latter could only look at him blankly. The taller of the two didn't feel angry, but his face showed otherwise. "You're here."

"I'm sorry," the shorter one bit his lower lip, and Sungyeol found him even more beautiful than when he was alive. "I love you too much to live without you."

"Why'd you do it?"

Myungsoo shook his head, shrugging his shoulders; a gesture of his Sungyeol absolutely adored because damn, even now he still looks cute doing it. And if it was possible, he looked even more radiant than ever.

Sungyeol stepped forward, lips pressed in a straight line. He wasn't mad at him, no. Though he was slightly disappointed in the younger that he'd take his own life away just to be with him. He could've lived his life to the extent, for God's sake!

Seeing Myungsoo looking so vulnerable like always, Sungyeol couldn't find it in him to not smile at him. Myungsoo's eyes seemed to have brightened at the sight, and the older male pulled him into a hug, a secure hug.

His slender arms embraced the smaller male's form as he rested his chin on top of his head, kissing it. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around the tall boy's neck, hiding his face between the crook of his neck, relieved that Sungyeol didn't completely disagree about his actions.

"I love you. I want you to know that, Kim Myungsoo."

Myungsoo pulled away from the intimate embrace they were in, arms still tightly enveloped around Sungyeol's neck. "We're together now, aren't we? We won't ever be separated again?"

His voice came out in a soft whisper, and Sungyeol pecked him on the lips, a silent answer from him.

"I love you, Lee Sungyeol."

Sungyeol gave Myungsoo a smile; it wasn't a huge one, nor was it gummy-looking -- it was just right.

He inched his face nearer, eyes intensely burning right into the younger male's, lips ghosting against his own. Moving his arms down to Myungsoo's waist, Sungyeol closed the gap between them -- and their mouths blended together, just like it used to.

This one simple, chaste kiss was perfect enough for the both of them. They regretted nothing, and as long as they were together, everything was fine.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N:

OMG. What have I just done? 0____0

Anyhoo, comments are really appreciated. I'd love to know what you guys think of this simple oneshot. It's my first time doing one, too. ^_^