Final.

To Understand

 

Taemin finally calms down. It's at least a month after Jonghyun's confession to Minho and it's a month too long, but he doesn't care. With this calm he decides to talk to Kai, because even though he may possibly be in love with him too, he needs someone who doesn't make him ache like he has been.
Kai listens patiently as Taemin explains what's been going on within SHINee and how it's driving him crazy. And when he speaks, Taemin decides that he himself, is an idiot.
"I think you've all been looking at it wrong. You say you distanced yourself from them right? I don't know how it is for you, or anyone else, but the one I love, I can't stand being away from him. Not even for a second. Do you have that feeling? That need to be somewhere?"
 
So yes, Taemin feels like an idiot. Somewhere along the lines, he missed it. How, he doesn't know, but he thanks Kai and runs home.
 
Taemin is the only one to figure everything out. It's like some puzzle, and Key is so happy that his baby, their youngest is okay now. Key doesn't know what conclusion Taemin has come to, but he said he was going to be patient. Patience is something Key never had. He's so fed up with walking on egg shells and ice and anything and everything that will break under him, so he confides in his baby. He's been in love with Jjong  for so long he doesn't know where the beginning is, but Taemin understands and listens. He tells him he has to let Jonghyun know, but he can't. Jjong is already so hurt, he can't make it worse.
"I'll just be patient, like you."
Taemin's response is slow coming, and there's a shy smile attached that Key doesn't miss.
"The one I truly love, I already told him."
And that's when Minho walks in and all hell breaks loose.
 
"Seriously Taemin? What the !?"
 
Taemin doesn't get angry, doesn't yell, he sits and waits.
 
"Why?!" Minho is screaming and Key kind of wants to hit him, but he doesn't. Even when he's yelling and accusing Taemin of things that just don't bode well at all.
 
It's Jonghyun who says something, while Taemin is quietly pleading for "Minho-Hyung to please calm down." Jonghyun is not so gentle. 
"Shut the up Choi, what was he suppose to do? Wait for you, and be your second in line? Don't get pissy with him just because he has a shot at being happy."
 
Minho is twice as rude and Taemin has to hold Key back.
"I LET YOU GO SO YOU COULD BE HAPPY! Now? I don't even want to be around you."
This is what Onew comes home to see; tears streaming down Jonghyun's face, a seething Minho and an equally seething Key, and a fretful Taemin. 
"Guys.." His voice is a warning, and it's all it takes for Minho to turn and stalk past him, nearly knocking him down in the process. This causes Taemin to scream after him to " stop being such a damn kid", but Minho is long gone.
 
Key looks just in time to see Jjong's retreating back as he heads back to him room. He doesn't even think before running after him.
 
"Jjong!"
He turns around and Key's heart breaks againagainagain.
"Key I really don't want-"
Key cuts him off. 
"I know, I'm just so sorry, I'm sorry." His face is buried in Jjong's shirt and he crying hysterically.
 
", Key?! It's okay, it's okay, don't cry Key. Kibum, yeobo, please don't cry." 
He hadn't meant to start crying, but he hated all of this. Seeing his family break and bend. And Jonghyun, god he hated seeing him cry. He couldn't take anymore.
"I love you, I love you, iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou. Please don't hurt anymore. I just want you to be happy." The sobs keep coming but Jonghyun is frozen.
"What?"
Key takes a shuddering, hiccup filled breath.
"I love you."
Jonghyun is crying all over again, but this time he's happy, and he's hugging Key to the point he might break him.
With happy laughter bubbling in his ear, Key thinks everything might be okay.
 
Onew is awkward. He is alone with Taemin and he doesn't know what to do. 
"Did you mean it?"
The younger boy looks shocked, but nods none the less.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize sooner. I think, Minho is always so close, and I just, I don't know."
 
Onew nods, understanding.
"I shouldn't, you know, as a leader."
There's a lot of nodding and shifting and Taemin decides the awkward tension just won't leave.
"I know, I'm not.. Mad. I may be young, but I can be reasonable."
 
Onew groans at this, because he does love him. He has for awhile but now, he doesn't know what to do.
 
In the end he settles for kissing him because that's what he wants. And Taemin is more than happy with this resolve.
 
 
Minho gets the short end of the stick. He's run off to his Super Junior hyungs and they're more than welcoming and understanding. 
Heechul is the one who offers to make him tea and Minho accepts easily. 
Thinking it over, he's not mad, not really. As SHINee, as a family, they mean too much to him. He just needs space and time to think, so he texts Key telling him as much and tries to calm himself.
Heechul-hyung smiles and offers him a place to sleep and Minho knows, it will be okay.
 
 
 

AN: FINALLY THIS IS DONE. So now I will wait for my yeobo to rip out my throat for this crap I have written.

I'd like to say, I'm not an OnTae shipper, or the whole MinhoHeechul thing either, but Minho is such a Hyung , so yeah. Points to you if you can figure out Kai's love. ;)

Comments equal love. <3