Day At The Beach

It Was Just An Accident

“Oppa…”

“Mm…”

“Oppa, wake up…”

“Mm…”

“I swear, if you do not wake up right now, Oppa, I will burn all your carrots and shower you with the ashes!” barked the voice fiercely. Jungmin shot up, screaming, arms flailing wildly. Sierra smiled brightly at him. “You’re awake, Oppa?” she beamed. Jungmin groaned and fell back onto his bed, covering his head with his pillow. He could still see Sierra standing by the bed.

“Who let you in?” mumbled Jungmin from under his pillow.

“Seven Sunbae!” Sierra sang. “Rise and shine Oppa!” Sierra ripped his blankets off him. Jungmin whined pathetically, reaching blindly for his blankets. “Let’s pack up your carrot juice, extra clothes, swimming gear, Nintendo and anything else highly amusing to entertain your lazy self,” Sierra pulled the pillow away from his stubborn fingers.

“Why?” Jungmin pouted.

“Because we, Oppa, are going to the beach!” Sierra announced, throwing her arms out in excitement. She could have been spouting rainbows and unicorns with the amount of happiness radiating from her. She was almost glowing in joy.

“I don’t want to go,”

Happiness bubble popped. The sun stopped shining and the birds stopped twittering. Sierra would have to take another route to convince her brother.

“Well, I kind of, um, wanted you to go with me Oppa,” Sierra pouted. “Do you really want to miss out the fun? Especially since everyone’s coming?”

Jungmin’s eyes shot open.

Does that mean CL is coming? God! Park Jung Min, why are you even thinking about her?

“Who do you mean by ‘everyone’?” Jungmin asked, sitting up.

“Me, you, Chaerin Eonni, Minzy Eonni, Bom Eonni, Dara Eonni, Key, Yesung and Big Bang,” said Sierra with a shrug.

“Seungri?”

“He’s in Big Bang, isn’t he, Oppa? You’re not awake yet, are you?” Sierra shook her head at him in disapproval.

“What are you wearing?”

“For what?”

“The beach you dummy!”

“Now you’re the dumb one, we’re going to a beach Oppa. Obviously, I’m wearing a swimsuit if I’m going to a beach,” said Sierra, arms crossed over her chest as she raised an eyebrow at him.

“That’s it! Sierra James, you are not going to that beach without me! If you even try I will rip everyone to bloody shreds!” Jungmin shouted. He leaped out of bed, pointing an accusing finger at Sierra. “You take one step towards that beach and you will regret it, Sierra James!” He kept pointing at her as he walked backwards to the bathroom before crashing straight into the door. “Ow!”

“Yah! Paboya!” cried Sierra, running forwards, grabbing his head and taking a look at the place where he had bumped his head, carding fingers through his hair. Jungmin closed his eyes, allowing Sierra to gently press her fingers against the swollen spot. Suddenly in Jungmin’s head, someone taller replaced Sierra. Someone with sparkling eyes and long blond hair. “Are you OK?” Sierra’s voice brought him out of his reverie.

“Uh, yeah, I’m fine!” he stuttered, pulling away from Sierra, his cheeks on fire. “I’ll go get ready, you wait downstairs,” he said, running into the bathroom. He slammed the door shut.

What on earth? Why did I imagine that Chaerin was taking care of me instead? Is there something wrong with me?


Taeyang’s brother owned a beach, more like a little strip of a land which was a beach that poked out right out of an odd forest with a dirt road. It took them just about an hour train ride from Seoul to Incheon and then they all fell onto the wet sand of the private, abandoned, yet beautiful beach. Then they all dispersed to change into their beach clothes. The boys arrived first and they set up the mats and umbrellas. Jiyoung collapsed and began to wiggle his toes in the sand, sighing in contentment.

“Uh, Jiyoung...” Taeyang nudged his best friend with a rather annoying poke.

“Yeah?” Jiyoung asked his friend while shielding his eyes from the sun.

“You wouldn’t mind it if I told you that your girlfriend looks really pretty right now, right? I mean, I’m your best friend...you won’t kill me...”

“What?” asked Jiyoung, turning around. He looked at the direction all the guys were looking at. His mouth fell open. All the girls were walking their way, talking and laughing. The girls seemed to give off an ethereal glow, each one of them looked like fallen angels from the sky. Jiyoung swallowed hard and Yesung’s eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when he spotted Dara. Daesung and TOP didn’t really have anyone to stare at, but they still stared in utter gobsmacked awe. Seungri and Key were preoccupied with staring at Sierra and both of them didn’t realize that the other was staring at her. Jungmin instantly turned to glare dangerously at Seungri who offered Jungmin and awkward and timid smile as he shrank away. Jungmin huffed and then turned to look back at the spectacle when his eyes landed on CL. His eyes widened and his breath caught in his throat. She was utterly beautiful and he didn’t even understand how his brain was handling it.

“He guys!” Dara smiled brightly. “Did you take out the drinks yet?” she asked. They had brought a huge box of soda cans on the way to the beach and Seungri and TOP had just opened up the box. Yesung nodded at Dara and handed her a can, unable to take his eyes off her. She took it with another genuine smile. “Thanks Oppa,” she sat down next to Yesung, opening her drink.

“Hi Sunbae!” CL sang over from Sierra’s side.

Jungmin had been staring at CL. He admits it! He couldn’t help it and he didn’t even understand why. Why was he staring at CL? Maybe he was going insane. Jungmin used to laugh at s when they stared at someone. But now that he was in that very situation, he felt useless and like he wasn’t control of his own body anymore. Jungmin bit his lip till he thought it would bleed. It was embarrassing getting caught like that and more than that, he knew CL had said it loud enough for Sierra to hear it. CL mouthed at him ‘payback’. Jungmin tore his eyes away from CL and turned. Sierra was in his face the next moment, smiling so brightly, Jungmin knew that she was up to no good. Sierra sat next to him, in between him and Seungri and Key before he could protest.

“Oppa~” Sierra sang. “I saw you staring at Chaerin Eonnie...is there something that you’re hiding from me?” Sierra asked him with a grin. She leaned closer to him as if to scare the answer out of him. Jungmin gulped and leaned away from her. Never had his younger sister been so intimidating.

“I-I’m not hiding a-anything from y-you!” Jungmin stammered in defence. “Why should I hide from you, huh? What do I have to hide from you?”

Sierra wrinkled her nose.

“Or are you just naturally dirty minded?” Sierra asked. Jungmin’s jaw dropped.

“Dirty minded? Yah! Who’s dirty minded? I’m not dirty minded! I’m as pure as an angel!” Jungmin snapped.

Sierra laughed and CL who had been listening secretly to their conversation, snorted, almost spurting soda out of her nose, leading to a coughing fit. Bom leaned over and pounded CL’s back which only led to more coughing. Jungmin glanced at CL in concern. Her coughing only got worse and everyone knew it wouldn’t be good if she just drank more soda.

“Yah, Sierra dongsaeng, where’s my carrot juice?” Jungmin asked in worry.

“Right here,” Sierra pulled the juice out of her bag.

Jungmin reached over to CL and held out the carrot juice to her.

“Here, drink this,” he said. CL looked up at him with watery eyes before she accepted it with a weak smile. Jungmin returned to his spot and sighed in relief as CL returned to normal. He smiled to himself and turned to look at Sierra. Sierra was glaring at him. “What?” he asked.

“You don’t even let me drink your carrot juice...daebak...” Sierra said. A look of disbelief was on her face. “You don’t even realize what is going on in your own head,” Sierra shook her head sadly and turned to look at Seungri. “Seungri Sunbae, could you please pass me a drink?” Sierra asked, chewing on her lip.

Seungri gaped at her for just a moment.

“Oh, uh, sure,” he said.

Before Seungri could even turn towards the drinks box, Key had grabbed one for Sierra.

“Here Sierra,” Key said, holding out a can to her. Seungri stared at him.

“Thank you, Sunbae,” Sierra managed past the lump in . Key blinked at her. Sierra had stopped calling him Sunbae a long time ago and had started to call him Oppa around the very same time she stopped calling him Sunbae. He likes someone else Sierra James, get a grip! You need to stop liking him, you’ll only get yourself heartbroken him and burden him with your problems! Sierra scolded herself. But she couldn’t help it if Key was sitting right next to her, looking extremely attractive and happy. You’re a stupid and unattractive Indian! Sierra scolded herself once again. She tried to get her mind of Key. She turned and saw Jungmin still staring and CL who was showing Minzy how to tie a bandana around Jiyoung’s head. That was it. They needed a team game, something that involved Jungmin and CL in the same team! “Who wants to play group hide and seek?” Sierra asked.

“Group Hide and Seek?” Bom asked.

“Oh! I want to play! Yesung is my partner!” Dara instantly shrieked raising her hand.

“Then Jiyoung is my partner!” Minzy said as well.

“Wait a moment, why are you guys deciding partners when we haven’t even decided who’s going to search for us?’ CL cut in. Jungmin nodded.

CL makes so much sense. Wait, since when have you been agreeing to her logic?

“Now...all of you pull a straw from my hand, whoever gets the marked straw is it,” Bom said. All of them held their breaths and then pulled a straw from Bom’s hand. Seungri groaned. “Seungri it is!” said Bom cheerfully. “Now, I get to decide the teams. Couples will be together, meaning, Dara and Yesung, Minzy and Jiyoung. Then CL and I will be together and Daesung and TOP will be together, then Jungmin and Taeyang and...Who’s left? Oops, sorry...I forgot you guys. Key and Sierra will be together,” said Bom. Sierra wanted to faint. Jungmin didn’t see Key as a threat so he was fine with everything. “Seungri, lay down on your stomach, good...1...2...3...GO!”

All of them ran with their partners.

Sierra ran after Key, Key was naturally fast, but Sierra could manage to keep up with him. Running in the sand was one of the hardest things Sierra had ever done. It definitely wasn’t easy. They really couldn’t find a good hiding spot. Suddenly both of them heard Seungri’s voice. Sierra turned her head to look back, just for a moment. It was a mistake. She tripped and fell against Key who let out a gasped of surprise and fell backwards and she landed on top of him with a yelp behind a whole cluster of bushes.

“Are you OK?” he asked her in concern. Sierra quickly nodded. She really wanted to just stay close to him like the way she was, but she knew it was wrong and selfish. She started to get up, but his hands were at her back instantly, pulling her down into a hug. “Sh, don’t move. Seungri might hear you,” Key whispered. Sierra lay there quietly and then bit her lip as Seungri ran by them.

“Can I get up now?” Sierra whispered to him.

“No!” he hissed.

Sierra held her breath, hear slamming in her chest.

“Ah!” They heard a scream. “Alright, alright, you found us!” said Jiyoung’s voice.

“I’m pretty sure that I heard Sierra,” Seungri’s voice said.

“Ok, fine,” said Minzy. The footsteps slowly faded away. Sierra relaxed at the sound of them retreating. The bushes shook. “What are you guys doing?” Minzy asked. Sierra shot up, straight out of Key’s grasp to make it seem like absolutely nothing had happened.

“Eonni! You found us!” Sierra tried to say normally. Minzy looked at Sierra and then Key. Key was staring at Minzy from the ground. Sierra looked at both Minzy and then Key abd felt her heart shatter. “I should leave,” she whispered. She turned and ran towards the beach. Key sighed in frustration and sat up.

“What was that?” Minzy asked.


“I want to change partners!” Sierra announced walking back to the spot they were sitting. Everyone stopped talking and complaining that Seungri found them too fast to look at Sierra.

“What?”

“I-” Sierra stammered, wondering what to say now that Key had run over as well. “I don’t want to play anymore,”

“Aw...come on, we were having so much fun!” Minzy took her arm and pulled it like a little child. “If I be your partner, you’ll have a lot of fun, I promise, you can be my partner!” Minzy pouted at Sierra with large eyes. Sierra looked at Minzy. She truly loved and cared for the older girl, but looking at her made her realize she was looking at all that she wasn’t and all that she never could be. On top of that, Minzy was the one that had found her and Key in that situation.

“No Eonni,” Sierra smiled weakly at Minzy. “I really don’t want to play,”

“Alright then, I’ll have to stop playing to keep it all even,” Minzy sighed.


“Oppa! Put me down!” Sierra shrieked as Jungmin tossed her easily over his shoulder. Sierra kicked wildly, trying to wriggle away. “Oppa, let go of me!” she shrieked. All of them were playing in the water. It was evening already and the entire day passed away with them playing and having endless amounts of fun.

“What is this, Sierra? You really don’t weigh more than a leaf!” Jungmin said.

“Jungmin, let go of her!” Bom, who was munching on corn, called out to the red head while laughing.

“No!” Jungmin said.

“Oppa, let go of me right now!” Sierra screamed in his ear.

“Aish! Alright, you’re screaming so much!” Jungmin sighed and put Sierra down on the ground.

Sierra glared up at him indignantly.

“I’m confiscating all of your carrot juice!” she declared.

“What?” Jungmin yelled. Sierra turned and ran and Jungmin ran after her, Sierra searched for the nearest shield and spotted Key. Before she could even stop herself, she had run behind the older boy. Key squeaked in surprise when Sierra grabbed his shoulders and pulled him in between Jungmin and her.

“Key Oppa, save me!” she cried.

“Me?” Key squeaked once again. Jungmin glared down at Key and Key gulped. “Sierra run!” he yelled and grabbed Sierra’s hand. Both of them took off across the wet sand with angry red headed horse on their heels. Sierra needed something to stop Jungmin. She turned towards the beach and spotted Seungri standing nearby her bag.

“Seungri Sunbae! In my bag!” she screamed. Seungri opened it and tossed something at her. She grabbed it and then turned around, holding it out to Jungmin as if it was a peace offering. Jungmin skidded to a halt. “Carrot juice, Oppa?” she smiled hesitantly at him. Jungmin’s eyes narrowed for just a moment before he smiled and did his usual bubble face. He took the carrot juice and then walked off.

Minzy sat on the beach watching Sierra and Key laugh in relief and throw handfuls of sea water at each other. Dara and TOP joined them and Seungri ran over to join as well. Even though there were others playing with them, Key and Sierra seemed to be lost in their own little world. Minzy turned to Jiyoung.

“Has Key ever mentioned that he might like someone?” Minzy asked her boyfriend.

“Not that I know of,” said Jiyoung with a shrug.

“Funny,” Minzy muttered.

CL left the fray at the water’s edge and returned to sit next to Dara.

“You’re done playing?” Dara asked her.

“I collected so many shells, my fingers might fall off,” said CL with a laugh.

“Let’s play Truth or Dare!” Bom suddenly chirped.

“What? Are you serious?” Jungmin whined.

“Yes!” CL said just to spite Jungmin.

“I hate that game!” Seungri whined.

“Let’s play!” Sierra said.

So all of them sat down in a circle and spun the little water bottle on one of the board games TOP had brought to the beach. The question, Dara, the answer, Daesung.

“Truth or Dare?” Dara asked evilly.

“Uh, dare?” Daesung said hesitantly.

“Secretive...” Dara muttered. “Alright, drink an entire bottle of Jungmin’s carrot juice, one-shot!” sang Dara. Daesung gaped at her. Sierra untangled the carrot juice bottle from Jungmin’s arms as the red head started screaming about saving his carrot juice. Sierra handed the bottle to Daesung and he completed his dare.

“Truth or Dare, Chaerin?” Taeyang asked CL. CL bit her lip. Her eyes wandered towards Jungmin. He was staring straight at her. She gulped and turned back to Taeyang.

“Dare,” she said.

Everyone let out a chorus of oohs and ahs. Everyone in the circle seemed to have secrets that they couldn’t reveal to anyone else.

“Give her a good dare!” said Dara.

“Eonni!” CL cried.

“Chaerin, I dare you to pretend to confess your love to Jungmin Sunbae!” said Taeyang.

“What?” CL cried. “Are you crazy?”

“Do it! We have to think that it’s convincing enough!” said Taeyang.

“I’ll be the judge of that!” Sierra said, raising her arm.

“Yah!” CL cried.

“Do it, Do it, Do it,” everyone began chanting. CL sighed and turned to Jungmin who she had been avoiding the entire day. He looked straight back at her. He didn’t even seem the slightest awkward or uncomfortable. CL looked at his eyes which were lit up by the campfire they had made. They sparkled in a breathtaking way.

“Jungmin Sunbae...” CL said slowly. The chant died down and everything became quiet. She quickly searched for something to say, like the stuff they said in dramas. “I’ve only known you for a couple of months and both of us met through a ridiculous accident,” she said awkwardly. She could hear Sierra booing in a corner and she tried to sound more convincing and mind blown. “Before, I only saw you on TV with the rest of the SS501 members and you truly seemed like a fallen star,” Sierra still seemed unimpressed, but soon enough, Sierra’s sounds of disapproval died away in CL’s ears as Jungmin leaned forwards just a little bit so that she could only see him. “You are the most annoying person I have ever met, but is it funny that it makes you even more attractive and it makes you stick out? You always try to do things your way and you refuse to listen to anyone else but that just shows just how imaginative and fun you are. You try to drive me insane and you succeed, but it’s actually really refreshing and you’re not good looking like Kim Soo Hyun or something, but you have looks that make you stand out, sometimes you are even prettier than Bommie Eonni and-” CL was cut off as Jungmin grinned at her.

“I think I’m convinced,” he said.

CL’s eyes widened and she turned red as she realized everything she had just said had absolutely no brain to mouth filter.

“I swear, you almost did seem to be in love with him,” said TOP as Jungmin returned to his spot.

“Chaerin, you should become an actress!” said Dara.

But I wasn’t acting... CL thought.

And Sierra seemed to know that. She was staring at CL with a knowing look on her face.

“Sierra, truth or dare?” CL asked after hurriedly spinning the bottle.

“Dare!” Sierra said.

“Heol~ even you have secrets?” CL chuckled. “Fine then, kiss TOP on the cheek.”

“What?” Both TOP and Sierra cried.

“You heard me,” said CL with a grin. Sierra made a face and then crawled over to TOP. She gently pressed her lips against TOP’s cheek and crawled back to her spot, red in the face. Sierra snuggled next to Jungmin who was glaring at TOP. TOP ran off screaming in fear of Jungmin’s murderous stare.

“Am I that scary?” asked Sierra.

“No, but Jungmin is,” said Bom. Sierra shook her head and turned to look at Key who was staring at her. She looked away.

“So, who’s next?” she asked as the beer cans were taken out.

CL glanced at Jungmin.

Is it wrong that I’m jealous of how protective you’re over Sierra? CL thought.


A/N - Back with another ridiculously short chapter. Sorry for the lack of Jungmin/CL moments. I need to straighten out Key's and Sierra's relationship to continue with the fanfic. But, CL is so dumb that she doesn't even realize that she confessed to Jungmin without meaning to. I mean, who does that? It's hilarious. I had to really really fast update because our state is going be hit by a cyclone (or typhoon or hurricane or whatever you guys call it). I wanted to update before the internet connection died and the electricity died and etc, etc. On top of that, I'm having serious issues with my face, I've got some kind of irritation on it and it refuses to leave. Meh...Hope you enjoyed! Have some Jungmin! He looks good doesn't he?

Comment and Subscribe!

Carrots and Horses~