Chapter Tweleve

Can You Babysit My Heart?

 

Minho and Taemin were sitting on the floor, playing a game with Yoogeun when the phone rang. Minho told them to keep playing while he got up to answer the phone. He picked it up answered, “Hello?”

“Hello, is this Minho?”

“Yes, it is. Who is this?” He replied.

“I’m Taeyeon’s sister. I’m calling about Yoogeun.”

The male’s eyes widened. He glanced at the two on the floor, “O-oh, yes.”

“I’m planning on coming at the end of the week. Is that alright?”

Taemin looked up at Minho and saw the look on his face. He looked at Yoogeun sadly and kissed the boy’s head. He stared at his son then at Taemin. He didn’t want Yoogeun to leave, but he couldn’t take care of Yoogeun.

“Alright…”

 

 

Minho had started packing Yoogeun’s things while Taemin held onto Yoogeun. The boy started crying when Minho told him what was going to happen. Yoogeun didn’t want to leave Minho or Taemin or the others. Hearing that killed Minho on inside, but he couldn’t turn back.

“Hyung-“

“Don’t, Taemin… don’t,” he said, his voice sounded tired and he was tired. He looked at Taemin and Yoogeun, “Just don’t.”

 

 

Kibum and Jonghyun were rehearsing for their next performance. Minho was staring blankly into space in thought. He didn’t even notice that the two had finished up until Kibum was snapping his well-manicured fingers in his face.

“Earth to Minho.”

Minho blinked a few times before looking at his friend. He sighed and took a seat, dropping his face into his hands, “Sorry…”

Kibum smiled softly and kneeled in front of Minho, “You won’t be able to do it and you shouldn’t.”

“I don’t have a choice anymore,” Minho replied, looking at Kibum.

“Dude, you always have a choice,” Jonghyun said as he came up behind Kibum. “You just need to make the right choice. Yoogeun’s already lost his mother. Don’t let him lose his father too.”

Minho and Kibum were both looking at Jonghyun with confusion and a bit of amusement. “What? I can say inspiration things when I feel like it… Stop looking at me like that! Screw you both, I’m going home.”

 

 

Minho walked up to the daycare. He smiled when he saw Yoogeun playing with Sandeul, but the boy didn’t seem as happy. He caught sight of Jinki and walked over. The two shared a smile as they looked at the two.

“So you’re really sending him to America?” Jinki questioned, turning his attention to Minho.

The male nodded his head and sighed, “I know it is the right thing to do, hyung. His aunt will be able to spend a lot of time with him and he’ll learn English and everything. He’ll live in a big house with a yard like I don’t have. He’ll make many friends and he’ll have a mother and father really. It is the right choice.”

Jinki nodded his head, “It sounds like a good thing, but he already has a mother and father. You’re his father and Taeyeon was his mother no matter if she is gone or not. He’ll remember her and he’ll remember you sending him away. I like Yoogeun and I like all of you, so I don’t want to see you make a mistake.”

Minho looked at the other and smiled softly, “Seems like everyone is telling me stuff like that.”

“Because you’re going to regret it if you do, Minho. There is nothing better than the love of a child,” Jinki replied with a smile.

“Except the love of your partner,” Sandeul grinned, walking over with Yoogeun in his arms. He passed the boy over to Minho, “See you, Yoogeun.”

The boy looked sadly at Sandeul and Jinki before burying his face into Minho’s shirt. Minho smiled sadly at the two before bidding them farewell. He held Yoogeun close him and sighed, “Please don’t be sad, Yoogeun.”

Yoogeun looked up at Minho, “I want to stay with Appa.”

“I know…”

 

 

Minho and Taemin were grocery shopping while Jonghyun and Kibum watched Yoogeun. Taemin was trying to get Minho to buy three dozen cartoons of banana milk. After Minho said no for the third time, Taemin finally gave up.

While Minho wasn’t looking, he placed things into the cart, “So, hyung… Taeyeon’s sister will be here in two days… have you thought about what you are going to do?”

“Obviously if she is coming, I’ve decided,” Minho replied, not looking at Taemin.

Taemin stopped and looked at Minho, “Don’t do it, hyung… don’t let Yoogeun go. I can deal with you spending me away, but you can’t send him away.”

Minho glanced at Taemin, “I’m not sending him away-“

“But you are! He wants to be with you, hyung. I can help you take care of him,” Taemin said with dedication and complete conviction, “So can Key hyung and Jjong hyung. And you have Jinki hyung and Sandeul hyung. We aren’t going anywhere. Please reconsider.”

The older man didn’t say anything. He went back to shopping, but he could stop thinking about Yoogeun. He was making the right choice for Yoogeun, right?

 

 

After shopping and eating dinner with Taemin, Minho was left alone with Yoogeun. They were sitting on the floor while Yoogeun played with one of his toys. Minho said next to him, watching him closely.

“Yoogeun…”

Yoogeun looked up at Minho in interest, “Yes, appa?”

Minho smiled softly and touched the boy’s face, “You really like appa, don’t you?”

The little boy nodded and his eyes teared up, “P-please appa…”

“Yoogeun,” he pulled the boy into his arms, holding him close. He patted the boy’s back as he cried. He felt his own tears welling up, “I’m sorry.”

 

 

Minho walked up to the grey stone. He kneeled down and dropped the flowers in front of it. He pressed his fingers against the cool surface and smiled softly.

“Hey, Taeyeon… how have you been?”

He stared at it for a moment before running a hand through his hair, “I’ve been good. I was surprised you know… about Yoogeun. When I found out… I was angry that you couldn’t trust me, but after reading your letters, I understand now. Yoogeun is perfect. You did a great job with him. I decided to keep him with me. He’s going to stay with me and I’m going to watch my son grow up. I’ll remind him of you every day.”

Minho smiled as he spoke, “You know, I’ve met someone. That was something you talked about in your letters. You wanted me to be happy… and I am, honest. His name is Taemin. He just turned nineteen and he’s going to be attending the college I attended. He lives with me now though, he just moved next door. Weird, right? Yoogeun is thrilled though. So are Key and Jonghyun… god, they are so annoying,” he chuckled, but shook his head, “I really miss you. It is my turn for an adventure, right?”

“Hyung?”

The male glanced over his shoulder and smiled at the sight of Taemin and Yoogeun smiling back at him. “Yeah, my adventure…,” he looked back at Taeyeon’s tombstone, “Goodbye, Taeyeon and thank you.”

He rose to his feet and turned to the other. He ran over and picked Yoogeun up, spinning him around him a circle. Seeing the boy giggling made him smile. He stopped and leaned over, kissing Taemin softly, “Let’s go home.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author’s Note

Anyone catch the South Park Reference? I’m a dork. XD

Anyways, I lied. This is the last chapter. Scared you with the ending, didn’t I?

Now I go work on Darkness Falls. Still deciding if I’m going to make that a sequel or not.

Remember to comment and subscribe! :)

©sungyo2012