:)

Just A Misunderstanding [KyuMin One-Shot]

[Third Person POV]

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on a couch, looking blankly at the space when his phone rang. He took his phone out of his pocket and saw that someone texted him.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” Eunhyuk, his friend said. Lee Hyuk jae or Eunhyuk was his friend. He can consider him as his best friend. Eunhyuk knew most of Kyuhyun’s secrets. He trusted his best friend so much.

“Yes, hyung?” he replied.

“Nothing. By the way, are you with Sungmin hyung right now?” he asked.

“Yes. I’m at his house right now.” Lee Sungmin was Kyuhyun’s friend, too. He was closer to Sungmin than to Eunhyuk but Eunhyuk was his best friend. Was that complicated? Yeah, Eunhyuk was his best friend but Sungmin was his… urgh~ never mind.

“Hey, Kyuhyun-ah, I discovered something.”

“And what is that ‘something’ huh?”

“Sungmin likes Sunny, and I heard that he is planning to ask her to be her girlfriend,” Eunhyuk explained. Sunny was Kyuhyun’s bestfriend, too. They were like brother and sister when they were together. But even if she was his bestfriend, she didn’t know all of Kyuhyun’s secret like Eunhyuk did.

“Aigoo~ we all know that fact. I just can’t understand Sunny why can’t she notice Sungmin hyung’s feelings towards her.”

“Yeah. That’s true. So, is that all? Don’t you want to do something to… you know… to stop his plan.” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened when he read Eunhyuk’s reply.

 

“What?!”

“Ahahaha… Never mind.”

“Anyway, can I ask a favor?” Kyuhyun changed the topic.

“Sure. What is it?”

“Would you mind ask him if who he will choose between me and Sunny… I mean… yeah… you already know that.”

Eunhyuk smiled when he read Kyuhyun’s reply.  He already got what was Kyuhyun’s point. But then, that smile on his face faded when he remembered something…

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was waiting for Eunhyuk’s reply when Sungmin’s phone rang. He immediately got up and got Sungmin’s phone.

“Yah, it’s my phone,” Sungmin exclaimed.

“I know. Oh! It’s Sunny,” he said then, answered the phone call, “Hello? Sunny!”

“Kyuhyun oppa?” Sunny asked.

“Yes, it’s me. Why did you call?”

“Would you lend the phone to Sungmin oppa?”

“Huh? Why?”

“Just give the phone to him.” Kyuhyun noticed to Sunny’s voice that she was serious.

“O-Okay.” He gave the phone to Sungmin.

Sungmin got the phone and said, “Whatever happen, don’t ever, ever try to eavesdrop!” then went outside the room.

Kyuhyun wondered what they were talking about. He knew that it was a secret.

After few minutes, Sungmin went back. His eyes were covered by his bangs when he entered.

“What did she say, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

“Nothing. Don’t mind it,” Sungmin answered and flashed a fake smile.

Then, Kyuhyun remembered that he and Eunhyuk had a conversation so he looked at his phone and saw Eunhyuk’s reply, “Sorry Kyuhyun-ah but, whenever I ask Sungmin hyung about it, he always answers Sunny. Maybe he likes Sunny so much.”

Kyuhyun’s  heart sank. Yes, he knew that Sungmin didn’t love him as much as he did. Yes, Kyuhyun already admitted it; he like love Sungmin but Sungmin loves him just as a friend. And besides, they were both straight so what should he expect? He just couldn’t understand why he kept expecting that Sungmin will love him even if he knew in himself that Sungmin already love Sunny. ‘Aish~ I’m such a fool!!!’ he said mentally to himself.



[Sungmin’s POV]

That night, Kyuhyunnie went home without saying any word, even goodbye. I didn’t know what his problem was. It’s unusual that he didn’t say anything and he didn’t… he didn’t hug me. What’s with him?

 

 

(Next day… At the school…)

He was looking outside with his face cupped by his two hands. “Kyuhyunnie!” I called him with an aegyo voice. He ignored me. I decided to sat in front of him and asked, “Yah! What’s with you? You went home last time without even saying goodbye.”

He glared at me… O.O <- my eyes widened like that… why did he glared at me? “W-Why?”

Then, he smiled, “Nothing. Sorry I forgot.”

I gave no answer. Forgot? What on earth was that answer? He was doing that for almost half of his life but he forgot?! Did he think that I’ll believe that?

“Cho Kyu─”I didn’t able to finish my sentence because he stood up and left.

Many days passed and we were getting far from each other. Until one day… Eunhyuk and I were in a mall because we were buying the materials needed for our project.

I broke the silence and asked, “Eunhyukkie, what is Kyuhyun’s problem? He’s avoiding me lately. Did I do something wrong?”

“You should know it by yourself hyung. Go and ask him later,” he answered.

Immediately after we bought the materials, I headed to Kyuhyun’s house. When he opened the door, his eyes widened as if he saw a monster.

“W-What are you doing here?” he asked, still on a shocked expression.

“Don’t I have a right to go to my BESTFRIEND’s house?”

He frowned. “Please hyung, not now. I’m not on my mood.”

“Okay,” I sighed, “What’s your problem? Did I do something wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?!! Aish~ Cho Kyuhyun!!! Do you think I’ll believe that? Oh, com’on. I’m not dumb!”

“You really want to know, huh?” he said and looked at the ground.

“Yeah, of course,” I nodded.

“I-It’s because… because you broke my heart,” he answered and blushed.

“WHAT?!” I was shocked on what he said.

“Sunny and you are already dating, right? T-That night, when she called─”

“What?” I cut him off, “How dare you! That night, when she called, you know why my mood changed when I came back? It’s because I rejected her. I broke my bestfriend’s heart! She asked me if who I will choose between you and her. I don’t want to hurt her feelings but I still chose you because I LOVE YOU!!! Do you know how hurt was that?” I explained.

He grinned and asked, “W-what did you say? You love─”

Yes!” I said and looked down. I knew that I was blushing that time. Aish~ why did I say that, anyway? It was so embarrassing!

“Yah! Look at me!” he said and held my shoulders.

I shrugged, “I don’t want.”

He held my chin and forced me to look at him and said, “Sungminnie…”

“W-Why?”

“I love you,” he whispered.

“What?” I asked and tried to stop my lips to smile but I couldn’t help it.

“I said,” he hugged me; “I love you.”

I hugged him back and answered, “I love you, too.”

 

[END]