Angel

Sherlock v.2.2

He kept looking at me. His eyes and intense gaze drilled holes on the side of my face as I drive back to my apartment.

“Taemin, I swear if looks can kill I’d be dead a million times by now.” I glanced at him and he scoffed.

“Yeah right, says a guy who stared at me the whole day.” I chuckled at his remark. It was true, I kept my eyes on him since he’s absolutely gorgeous. Who could take their eyes off of Lee Taemin, the reputable freelance model who turned down even the famous photographer’s offers?

“It’s a completely different matter. You’re glaring at me and I was just observing you.” I made a turn and my tall apartment building came into view.

“How can I know that you were just ‘observing’ me? You might be lying about it. You might be lying about all of this! Maybe you pretended not to want it back at my friend’s apartment so you could bring me to your place and tie me up, me and make me work for you!” He rambled. Then he gasped in realization and scooted away from me, sticking himself to the door.

“Why would I lie about it? Do I look like a liar to you?” I looked at him and raised my eyebrow.

“Well you did lie to me about being Onew!” I let out a hearty laugh. This boy was unexpectedly expressive and lively. And he has a very interesting imagination.

“I didn’t lie about anything, Taemin. Lee Jinki is my real name. I didn’t lie to you about that, did I? And by the way, you were the one who asked me to take you to my place. It wasn’t my idea.” I could see him squinted his eyes from my peripheral vision and I chuckled.

“Trust me, Taemin. If I wanted to you, I would have done it by then. I won’t do anything to you, take my words.” I flashed him a grin and he just nodded, finally calming down.

“So Jinki. Where do you live anyways?” I just pointed at the white building and he not so lightly banged his hand on the dashboard. He looked out the window and kept his face there.

“What’s up?” I wondered if he suddenly got a motion sickness or some sort.

“You live there? One of the most expensive apartments in Seoul?! Wait, why am I even shocked about this. You’re Onew, for God’s sake. Of course you’d be living there. Did you get the penthouse then?” I entered the area and headed to the basement to park the car. I turned off the engine and turned to Taemin.

“Sorry to pop your bubbles, beautiful. I didn’t get the penthouse. Come and I’ll show you my humble abode.” He grabbed his stuff and stepped out of the car. I could hear him say something along the line of ‘humble abode my ’ before he slammed the door shut. I just chuckled and grabbed my own equipments.

We walked to the elevator and got in. I punched in the 8th floor and we just kind of stood there, a little bit awkwardly. Taemin stole glances at me and I just grinned at him when our eyes met. He quickly lowered his head and fidgeted.

“Jinki?” He said without taking his gaze off the floor.

“Hmm?” I simply hummed in response, looking at him nervously tucking his hair behind his ear.

“Are you still hard?” I momentarily stopped functioning and just stared at the beauty beside me who just asked whether I was still hard or not.

“Yeah, I guess.” I answered lightly. The encounter we had wasn’t exactly an easy one to forget. I couldn’t say enough that Taemin looked like a beautiful seductress, just trying to lure every single men and women out there and the life out of them. And I could honestly say I was a victim of his charms.

“Oh.” The elevator door opened and I stepped out. Taemin silently tagged along behind me. We got to the front door and I pushed the combination in.

“Welcome to my place. Make yourself at home.” I held the door open for him and he entered. I heard him gasp and hold back a squeal.

“Jinki, this place is amazing!” He twirled around, making his long hair flutter in the air. I just looked around and admitted that it was amazing. The walls were simply white and the furniture is mostly black. A black leather sofa in the living room in front of a black 70inch 3D TV, a nice glass coffee table in front of it, black and white pictures hanging on the walls, mostly from my own work. And of course, my prized possessions, a big glass cupboard filled with my antique cameras sitting just beside the book rack.

“Thanks. Quite impressive for a non-penthouse apartment, huh?” He nodded and skipped over to my cupboard and lingered there.

“How did you get all of these cameras? They look old.” I stood beside him and stared at the cameras.

“My father loves photography as much as I do. So he kept the camera that my grandfather had. Then he passed it on to me. It started from there. I got these from all over the place. Auctions, collectors and so on.” He nodded and went over to the sofa. He plopped himself down and made himself comfortable.

“Any drinks I can offer you?” I walked to the kitchen and checked the fridge. He stayed silent for a while before shouting an answer.

“Do you have milk?” I spotted a small carton of milk and grabbed it. I also grabbed a bottle of apple juice and headed back to the living room. I gave him his milk and he muttered a thanks. I took off my jacket, sat down beside him and we fell into silence once again.

“So, Onew.” I cringed a bit when he said that. It’s as if he changed his way of speaking once he used the name Onew.

“Don’t call me that. I don’t like it when you do.” He just frowned and opened his carton of milk.

“Why? That’s your other name.” I thought for a while and shrugged.

“I don’t know. Coming from you it just doesn’t sound right. We’re here not to talk about work after all. I prefer it if you just call me by my real name.” He nodded slowly and gulped down his milk. A drop escaped his lips and I wiped it with my thumb. He put down his milk on the coffee table and he looked into my eyes.

“What’s the matter, gorgeous?” I grinned. He blinked and Taemin leaned back.

“Still hard to believe you’re Onew.” I scrunched my nose and the TV. The news was on and I settled to watch it just so that it wouldn’t be too quiet when we weren’t talking.

“Do I really look that shabby for a professional photographer?” I kept my eyes on the TV.

“No, that’s not it. It’s just that I thought Onew would be a more complicated person. You’re just so simple, you know?” I turned to him and raised my eyebrow.

“And simple is bad?” He scrunched up his face and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“No! Gosh, why are you making this so hard to explain? It’s just that you’re so unexpectedly easy to approach. People would think you’re super stuck up and a real pain in the with your prodigy title and everything. And I guess it’s just hard to believe.”

“Do you like the fact that I’m easy to approach?”

“Yes- No! I mean, it is rather pleasant but, urrgh! Sheesh, Jinki stop asking confusing questions!” I laughed and pulled him into a hug.

“It’s not confusing. I was just asking easy questions. You’re so adorable, Taemin.” He made no attempt in moving and so I kept holding him in my arms. I wasn’t sure we were paying attention to the TV. We just focused on each other’s presence. Well at least I was.

“As much as I want to keep you here, you should probably go home, beautiful.” Taemin shifted and looked up at me.

“You’re kicking me out.” The way he said it, it was more of a statement than him questioning me.

“I’m not. I just don’t want your folks to get worried.” He shook his head and unexpectedly wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I live alone. I don’t want to sleep alone tonight.” I grinned and kissed his hair.

“Taemin, haven’t you learned your lesson? It sounded like you’re giving yourself away to me.” He started tracing circles on my abdomen and leaned on my chest.

“So?” He answered so lightly. I clicked my tongue and pulled away.

“Are you that desperate to have ?” I tapped his nose and he just pouted.

“Taemin, I don’t know you that well but I think you’re a better person than that. What if I’m a bad person? What if you were right, I’m just trying to you and make you work for me.” Taemin cuddled up to me again and he stayed silent. I sighed and played with his silky smooth hair.

“Taemin… Answer me.” I waited patiently and he finally spoke.

“I trust you. You’re not a bad person so you won’t do anything to me. Besides if you really are a bad person, you won’t be hugging me like this and I won’t be cuddling you.” He buried his face in my chest and I could feel his breath through the thin fabric of my shirt. We stayed there saying nothing and my eyes started getting droopy.

“I’m tired. Do you want to go to bed?” Taemin only nodded and I carried him to my room. The lights were off and I just turned the table lamp on. I lay him down on the bed and I stripped off of my clothes and joined him not long after, only in my boxers. I could feel his eyes on me and I just smirked at him.

“Jinki. Are you teasing me?” His eyes never left my chest and I tilted his chin gently making him look at me straight in the eyes.

“I always sleep in this attire.” He slipped under the covers and so did I.

“Hey, Jinki. I have no idea why I’m doing this with you on the first night we met.” I was half asleep when he said that. I guess exhaustion finally began to take its effects.

“I have no idea either.” I let his head rest on my arm as he once again hugged my torso.

“It feels weird because it’s so natural. I guess you’re really special. I love how gentle and different you are from other people I’ve met. I think I really like you, Jinki. Wow… What kind of spell did you put on me?” I gave him a gentle kiss on the lips and he moaned softly, almost purring like a cute little kitten.

“I assure you I have no spell conjured. Can we talk about this in the morning? I’m really tired and your warmth is making me even sleepier.” Taemin kissed my cheek and I slowly drifted away bit by bit.

“Goodnight, Jinki.”

“Goodnight…”

.o8  8o.

I woke up to a very comfortable warmth all over me and I cracked my eyes open to see a beautiful creature clinging on to me. I smiled to myself and Taemin’s hair.

Who would’ve thought a simple meeting would bring so much happiness. Screw everything else. Even though I just met him less than 24 hours, it felt like I was already attached to him. After observing him back at the photo shoot, Taemin already captured my interest and he didn’t disappoint me the slightest bit.

I checked the clock and it was 8.46 AM. It was pretty much a lazy Sunday morning. I went back to seeing Taemin’s face, imprinting every single detail of him in my head. His beautiful plump lips, his soft skin, his elegant eye lashes and perfectly sculpted facial structure. He was the epitome of perfectness in my eyes. I have worked with so many models but Taemin was just undeniably charming even in his sleep.

Taemin started shifting and I saw his eyes starting to flutter open. His sleepy eyes slowly focused on me and a smile graced his lips.

“I think I must still be asleep and currently dreaming.” I whispered slowly, caressing his cheek.

“Why?” His raspy voice answered.

“Because there’s an angel in my bed and he’s smiling at me.” He chuckled and closed his eyes again.

“Very funny, Mr. Photographer. Good morning anyways.” I gave him a morning kiss and he smiled contently.

“Good morning, angel.” He hummed happily and hugged me tighter. He sure was a clingy person. A cute clingy person that is.

“We should do this every morning. I like waking up like this.” He tilted his head back a little and I just couldn’t resist. I wiggled out of his grasp and he opened an eye to glare at me.

“Stay still. Don’t move.” I ran outside and grabbed my camera. I came back into the room and Taemin was lying on his stomach, eyes closed, hair splayed out beautifully on the pillow. I took a couple of pictures and he cringed after hearing the clicks of the camera.

“Jinki… So early in the morning already?” He said without opening his eyes.

“You’re too beautiful. It would be such a waste not to capture this moment.”

“You know, you might be able to see me like this every morning if we ever get together.”  I set my camera down on the side table and sat down on the bed. I thought for a while and figured that it didn’t sound so bad.

“I would love to see you every day. I want to get to know you better. I mean, we got off to a very nice start, right?” He let out a chuckle that I’m starting to get addicted to.

“A very nice start indeed.” He patted the empty space next to him and looked at me, motioning me to lie down beside him. I did as he wanted me to and he clung onto me again. I took my camera and took a picture of us. I looked at the LCD and there we were, smiles on our faces, looking sleepy but still very happy. Taemin looked up at me and gave a peck on my lips. I could only chuckle and thanked God I found him.

“Yeah, I would love to have you in my life.”


A/N : So yeah. I don't think I'll make another one after this lol! Let's just say they got together in the end, okay?
Anyways, comments? Especially you guys who asked for a sequel! I know it's you. I know it is. Don't even try to hide!
Sorry for any kind of mistakes made in this story.