☾ 7 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
Junhyung feels his heart aches so bad that he feels like he wants to die because of the pain. He clutches his shirt, hoping that the pain will go away.
 
He remembers now. All the scenes flashed before his eyes just now are all what happened in the past; Kumi is really a part of his world.
 
"You once wanted to let go of your dream then we met at the bridge. You never knew but I had a crush on you long before that so I didn't want you to throw away your passion," Kumi, the one in white dress, speaks up.
 
A small smile forms on her lips as she remembers the past. She intertwines her fingers and brings them close to her lips, "I'm glad I talked to you that day."
 
"You managed to publish the book and you asked me to stay after that," she continues. "Under the moonlight, I swore to myself that I would love you forever... and so did you."
 
The pain becomes worse and Junhyung falls on his knees now. He barely can look at Kumi now because of the feeling that something is ripping him from inside.
 
"But you started to forget...," a tear escapes her eyes and she starts to cry. "Fame became your best friend and I became your nobody..."
 
"The sweet words you once said to me... You said you would stay forever. You said you couldn't live without me. You said no one could replace me," Kumi mutters without bothering to stop her tears. "Gikwang said that it's all just sweet lies."
 
Junhyung remembers.
 
Gikwang is Kumi's best friend and he loves her so much. He remembers the day Gikwang came to him; it's replaying in his mind.
 
"Yong Junhyung!" Gikwang grabbed his arm to stop him but he tossed Gikwang's hand away with cold eyes. "You promised her! She waited for you the whole night yesterday and you didn't come!"
 
"It's none of your business," Junhyung replied coldly. "I'm busy. I have a schedule to meet my sponsor now."
 
Gikwang couldn't hold his anger anymore. He punched Junhyung on face, gritting his teeth, "I should have taken her from you. I shouldn't have let her be with you!"
 
"Take her," Junhyung spoke the cruel words with a smirk. "It's not like I'm going to die without her."
 
Junhyung remembers that Gikwang gave him a disgusted look. His heart twists by the memories. He despises himself from doing that to someone who loves him so much.
 
"What happened to us?" Junhyung finally asks the girl in white dress a question. The pain hasn't gone and he can't even focus anymore. "Why are you here in my dream, Kumi?"
 
She steps closer to him and kneels down. She hugs him and the pain slowly vanishes, "I cried every night. I cried and cried until my tears were none."
 
"That night I waited for you but you refused to see me. You were mad at me. Really mad. You said I made you couldn't write anymore. You said it's better if I disappeared from your life," Kumi's tear falls on his cheek. "So I did it."
 
"I went to the bridge, the place where we talked for the first time. I stood there, ready to jump down and leave the world forever," she breaks the hug and touches Junhyung's face. "Then you came."
 
Kumi stands up and she gives him a smile, "Can't you hear them?"
 
Junhyung frowns in confusion. He tries to focus his hearing but he hears nothing. Not even the slightest sound.
 
"Wake up, Junhyung," she shows her best eye smile and, strange enough, Junhyung knows that it's not a fake one. "They are waiting for you."
 
"Jun... Junhyung... Yong Junhyung... Wake up..."
 
He finally hears random voices. He looks around but no one is there except two of them. He recognizes Doojoon and his mother's voice, begging him to open his eyes.
 
Junhyung stands up and a white door appears from nowhere. It opens up by itself and there is a light from the other side of the door. He looks at Kumi and reaches out his hand, "We're together, right?"
 
For his surprise, Kumi shakes her head, "You don't belong here anymore, Junhyung."
 
An invisible force pushes Junhyung towards the door even though he doesn't want to leave Kumi, "Wait! Kumi! No!"
 
The last thing he remembers before everything becomes white is Kumi's sincere smile. There is no hatred in her eyes.
 
There is only love.
 
"Thank you for remembering me again, Junhyung."