Game

Stolen Innocence

 

Warning: Unedited, sorry for any mistakes!
---------
 
Jinki shuffled anxiously on his feet as he waited for Jonghyun to return. It took him at least five minutes to decided whether he should or should not wear the contents of the brown paper bag. Of course, he decided on the former. 
 
He walked toward the mirror on the opposite wall of the locker room and gave his reflection a look over. It wasn’t as bad as Jinki had originally thought, being that they looked like simple, casual clothing. However, after putting the garments on, he deemed it much worse. The black suit jacket over the basic teal tee he wore clung uncomfortably onto his lanky arms, while the denim skinny jeans wrapped dangerously tight over his muscular thighs. A white studded belt bound around his hips helped to keep his jeans in tact, not like he needed it. Jonghyun claimed that ‘it was part of the outfit’ and a ‘put it on or I’ll wrap it over something else’ when he complained. A small, steel ear cuff occupied his right ear and a silver chained necklace hung loosely around his neck. The only thing he felt comfortable in was his shoes, to which Jonghyun had let him use.
 
He glanced over himself one last time before he turned away from the mirror and sat on an empty chair. He rested his elbows onto his thighs as he knotted his fingers through his chestnut brown hair. He closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh. He tried to use the moment to conjure an idea of what Jonghyun had in store for him.
 
‘What if he’s part of some gang? What if he takes me to some abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town to do who knows what with me? But why did he tell me to wear these clothes? They seem a little extreme for my liking. What if we’re going to that warehouse for one of those human trafficking auction thing? What if he sells me for money?  Maybe this is why he didn’t call the police, so that he could gain something bigger than the acknowledgement of catching a thief! Should I call the police? Damn, if I do that Jonghyun will tell them that I shoplifted. But if I don’t I could be tied up on a boat going to who-knows-where doing who-knows-what with who-knows-who! It’s all his fault, that good for nothing, low--’
 
“Hello, Earth to Jinki. Do you hear me?” Jonghyun asked as he waved his hands before his face. Jinki raised his head to find Jonghyun standing before him with an amused, yet slightly confused, expression. 
 
“What did you say?” Jinki asked when he realized that he’d been in his own little world for far too long. 
 
“I said, are you ready to go? We’re going to miss the last bus there if we don’t leave in the next-” Jonghyun scans his watch “-5 minutes.” 
 
“Oh, yes. Just let me go grab my things.” Just as Jinki made to get up, Jonghyun grabbed his wrist pulling him towards the exit.
 
“There’s no time!” Jonghyun bellows. “Just grab them later. We need to go, now.” With that, Jinki is pulled out of the shop and into the cold, empty street. Jonghyun continued to drag the frightened Jinki down the street until they reached the bus stop. Not long after they arrived, the bus could be seen from the distance. When the bus stopped before them, Jonghyun once again took Jinki’s hand to pull him into the bus. They took a seat at the back and the bus took off. 
 
The bus wasn’t as crowded as it was during the day, but there were a number of people scattered within the vehicle. There was a middle-aged woman in a red and white uniform nodding off at the front of the bus, an old couple snuggling next to each other, and a few who may have been the same age as them.
 
“So,” Jonghyun started, bringing Jinki out of observation, “let’s get to know each other a little better. Since I hired you on a whim, I didn’t make you fill out an application. Hence, I know nothing about other than your name.”
 
“Well, what do you want to know?” Jinki asked. 
 
“Hmm, let’s turn this into a game. I’ll make an assumption about you, and every time I get one right, you’ll stay an extra 10 minutes tonight.” Jonghyun proposed as a sly grin formed on his thin lips. 
 
“And if I make a correct assumption about you?” Jinki tried to challenge bravely, but the slight waver in his voice and the paling of his face said the complete opposite. 
 
“Then I’ll subtract your shift  by 10 minutes, with pay.” He suggested, to which Jinki could only nod in agreement. 
 
“Great! I’ll start,” Jonghyun began. 
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry for the extremely short chapter! I'll try to update with something longer next time. Till then, annyeong!
-0891214kj