Beginning with a Broken Heart

Heartfelt Remedy

She should have never agreed to help fetch Sulli's scarf; the scarf that Sulli secretly treasured. She wouldn't have witnessed this scene. That split second that left her heart broken. It was as if she were putting the blame on the scarf. Or even Sulli herself. Either way, she wouldn't be like this right now; at a lost for words, paralized, and unable to see through tears threatening to stream down her face.

But in the end, she could only blame herself and her stupid, gullible heart. That was where the core of the matter was: her heart. In all of her life so far, she couldn't remember a time when she had felt like this. It was as if the whole world was smacking her face with something so terrible and overwhelming. Like it was challenging her, laughing at her.

Krystal, f(x)'s maknae, forced herself to look away.  She looked down at the floor towards her feet, trying to get them to budge. She walked with the speed of a snail after a long day of hard work. Maybe even slower. At least the paralysis in her body was now gone but her heart still felt like it would never feel a thing, ever again.

Crew members passed by, but Krystal did her best to hide her face. She kept her head down, letting her hair cascade over her face, now streaming with hot tears. Hiding herself from their views, hiding her feelings; looking at the feet that blurred in her vision...She brought her hand to her face, pretending to scratch an itch on her face, but actually wiping the tears that had fallen upon her cheeks. She could feel a lump in , making her want to cry out to the world.

"Krystal?", asked a voice behind her.

The voice belonging to the person who had shattered her heart less than ten minutes ago.

She felt that stinging sensation in .  She immediately lifted her head up and scanned the main hallway of Syupeo Seuta Studios, looking for a place to hide. [A/N: Just a made-up place...So don't go searching for it.]

After feeling her legs kicking in, she started running as far away as she could from the owner of that voice she used to admire. Her eyes, already letting go of another teardrop, landed on an open dressing room door, but she didn't bother to look at the sign to who the room was occupied by today. She wouldn't have been able to read it anyway through her bleary eyes anyway.

Once inside, Krystal imediately locked the door behind her and collasped on the floor, leaning sideways on the door for support. The tears finally gave way, releasing the pressure in from before. She held with one of her hands, trying to stiffle her sobs.

She wanted to scream, to pound, but she just let the silent sobs come out of . The more she cried, the more it hurt.

Was this the feeling of heartbreak?

Why was she so pathetic?

Her heart....she never knew that this kind of pain could happen to her. She never knew that her first love was over before it had even started.

"Are...are you alright?", asked a voice coming from the back of the room. The person came over, but slowly, as if being cautious with every step.

Krystal's body was frozen in surprise from the sound of another person in the room. For a moment, she forgot to cry. She felt like a child who had been caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar; like she was guilty for some reason.

"Yeah, I'm fine." But her voice deceived her. Her words were cracked. The fact that she now had a stuffy nose didn't help, either.

She wiped her eyes while squinting through her tears and at the boy, who was gazing at her with concern. Her eyes opened wider as she saw who was standing under the room's lights, casting a shadow over her.

Taemin.

SHINee's one-and-only innocent maknae and dancing machine.

This was just the beginning of a new chapter in both of their lives, but none of them knew....just yet.