FINAL

One Lone Tear

 A/N : This whole story will be  your PoV,

Put your name when you see “~~~~”

I Hope you enjoy :D

Here my first story...


“Your’re so difficult.” Sungyeol grumbled at me . We sat on the couch , aimlessly arguing about what we should do. He wanted to stay in and watch television ; he was tired and grumpy . I was excited and energized ; I wanted to drive to the beach and look at the stars and hear the waves crashing against the rocks. He was not inspired by my plan, but sick of arguing , he  angrily agreed . We walked to the car and drove in hard silence . Some sad melancholy music of love lost played in the background , teasing me , willing me to connect the lyric to my own strained relationship . Tears wet my cheeks. This night ,I knew ,would end badly  .

 

Sungyeol and I reached our destination , both of us too stubborn to break the silence . He turned off the car , and we sat . The moon and the stars shone bright , the waves sounded like thunder , I felt no peace . The boy made me crazy .A couple so unhappy amid such a beautiful setting must be headed for failure . He finally turned to look at me . I turned away . For three years , our relationship proved so solid , so easy . I could not fathom what had changed .

 

I gingerly willed my mouth to speak . “WHAT!?” I mumbled , “has changed?” He refused to break his silence .Instead he climbed out of the car and opened my door . we stood outside, the smell of the salty sea filling our nose and the Seoul night air surrounding our bodies . I was chilly .He wrapped his arms around me like he did  when we were happy .But I sensed a difference .

 

Sungyeol and I used to perfect together . We used to have so much fun .We used to laugh together ,smile together , love together . We used to discuss everything. We used to bend over backwards to make each other happy .Was it all in the past?.

 

Too cold to stand outside any longer, he headed to the car and motioned me to follow. He drove off into darkness, and he finally spoke “~~~~”, he started, his handsome  dark brown eyes filled with pain, “I’m angry, I know I’m harsher with you, and I don’t want to be, But I don’t how to change it , I know you don’t understand. I don’t even understand myself.” He hesitated, nervously fiddling with his strong hands. And then he uttered those four little words a woman never wants to hear. He suddenly say “I cheated on you.”

 

My mind raced. I  had not even realized that we were parked, that tears were streaming down his face, and that he was staring at me, waiting for respond, he continued to speak. His words faded away. My mind had gone to another place.

 

I could not yell. I could not scold. I could not hit. I could not move. His words had arrested me. The sound of the CD player awakened me. He reached for me. I pushed him away. “Don’t touch me,” I croaked, not even recognizing my own voice.

 

One lone tear feel from my eyes. He brushed it away. His eyes pierced my soul. His steady gaze frightened me. I love him, I thought. I swallowed and closed my eyes. I love him. Tears flooded my eyes. I could not see straight any longer. I turned away. Frantically, I reached for the handle and shoved the door open. My slow walk turned into a wild, sobbing run. I heard him calling my name, screaming that he loved me and was sorry.

 

As I approached my house, I wanted to turn around and run into his arms. Tell him I love him and ask him to make it all better. I wanted to forgive him for hurting me, forget that anything happened, and kiss him. I actually hesitated at my doorstep and almost my heels in pursuit of love. And that easy road-back to him.

 

Instead, with one dramatic sob, I turned the key, raced upstairs, and collapsed onto my bed. Three years. Three years I love him. Three years I give him everything. He was my best friend, my confidant, my love. No one could make me happier, I thought . until he broke my heart. I buried my face in my pillow.

 

My phone rang a dozen times. I wanted to talk to him, to hear his voice, to be comforted. Instead I cut it off and threw it on the floor violently.

 

Somehow my heartbreak revealed a strength in me I didn’t know I had. I was able to stand tall and confident despite my struggle. It’s amazing when you realize that you are not dependent on anyone but yourself. And right now, “single” for me means strong rather that unhappy.