one

The Show Must Go On

 

"Alright students, listen to - Hey! You! Listen!  - the announcements please," Mr Jung said, stacking the pieces of paper together as he eyed the pair of girls in the corner.

 

"Congratulations to the soccer team, which won the game against JYP high, with a score of 12 : 11! The following students please drop by thr office to collect your medals : Shin Dongwoo, Cha Sunwoo, Bang Minsoo, Lee Byunghun, Yoo Changhyun, Lee Kikwang, Yoon Doojoon, Park Taejun and Lee Joon!"

 

Mr Jung gave a wide grin to Byunghun, who modestly smiled back, as people started to pat his back and congratulate him.

 

"There will be drama auditions during recess today, students who wish to audition have to gather in the auditorium at 9:30 sharp. Late students will not be accepted."

 

Sungyeol looked up. This could be the chance to prove himself.

 

"The SRC will be holding a meeting today at lunch, in room 9. Don't forget to empty the recycle boxes in your homerooms!"

 

Everyone glanced at Lizzy, our homeroom's representitive.

 

"Choir auditions and Dance auditions are during recess as well, students who wish to audition have to assemble at the music rooms."

 

"That's it for the announcements today," Mr Jung concluded, as he slid the papers into a folder.

 

"Yah, are you going for the drama auditions?"

 

Woohyun nudged Sungyeol, with a beam on his face.

 

"Yeah, I guess so.." Sungyeol replied.

 

"I'm going for choir."

 

"Oh? Cool."

 

"You sound so uninterested!"

 

"Uh, I am."

 

Woohyun gasped in disbelief.

 

"Could you be less straightforward?"

 

He feigned hurt, as he hit his chest a few times, coughing pathetically.

 

Sungyeol grinned, shoving his head back lightly.

 

Ring..

 

Wish me luck, Sungyeol thought, as he started to head towards the auditorium.

 


 

"Alright students! My name's Kim Hyojin but you can call me JeA seongsaenim! I'm the drama teacher, who is holding auditions right now! May I please request that all mobile phones are to be switched off? Thank you."

 

Sungyeol squirmed in his seat, dying of anticipation.

 

"First up - Bang Sungjoon!"

 

A tall, tanned student walked up onto the stage.

 

"You shall be paired with... Kim Seukhye!"

 

A petite girl walked onto the stage as well.

 

"Now, read the script with as much passion as you could possibly have."

 

Seukhye picked up the booklet, facing the boy.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"For a walk," Sungjoon replied.

 

"But it's so cold! Wear something thicker, at least?"

 

"Why would you care?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Sungjoon scoffed, "You obviously hate me. Why the sudden change of character?"

 

"Stop being so childish!"

 

"I'm not childish."

 

Seukhye crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at the male.

 

"Fine! Go for a walk! Be sick, for all I care!"

 

Sungjoon stared at her.

 

"I will."

 

Just as Sungjoon turned around, Seukhye grabbed his hand.

 

"D-Don't. Don't go."

 

Sungjoon suddenly froze, and an awkward silence followed.

 

"Go on! What are you waiting for?" JeA asked, impatient.

 

"T-The script says to kiss her."

 

"So? Kiss her!" JeA ordered.

 

Sungjoon took in a deep breath, before he leaned in, and captured Seukhye's lips.

 

The rest of the students applauded, for the two on stage were pretty talented.

 

Just then, Sungyeol froze as well.

 

Do I have to kiss a girl i don't even know?

 

He widened his eyes.

 

But I haven't had my first kiss!

 

"Next!" JeA called.

 


 

"Next is - Lee Sungyeol!"

 

Sungyeol walked up on stage.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry... We've seemed to run out of students! Would you like to-"

 

Ring..

 

The students in the auditorium started to leave one by one.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, but you'll have to audition some other time.." JeA stood up, and dumped her belongings in her cloth bag.

 

"W-What?"

 

Sungyeol was completely dumbfounded.

 

First of all, how did they run out of students? Secondly, why did Sungyeol waste his recess?

 

Just as JeA was about to leave, a student came bursting into the auditorium.

 

"J-JeA seongsaenim! I'm sorry I'm late!"

 

A boy huffed, as he ran towards the drama teacher.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"I-I'm here to audition.." came a small voice.

 

"Well, you're too late. Didn't your homeroom teacher tell you you had to reach here at exactly 9:30?"

 

"B-But I-"

 

"No buts. Auditions are over." JeA walked out of the auditorium, slamming the doors shut.

 

The boy sighed, as his shoulders sank down, disappointed.

 

"Hey.. You want to audition, right?" Sungyeol called out.

 

The boy looked up, and nodded.

 

"Let's just practice together."

 

"O-Okay.."

 

"Girl or guy?"

 

"What?"

 

"Are you the girl, or are you the guy?"

 

"Oh.. You choose. I don't mind."

 

"I'll pick the guy since I've practised with those lines already."

 

The boy walked onto the stage.

 

"Wait, what's your name?"

 

"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo."

 

"Oh, cool. I'm Lee Sungyeol."

 

"Okay. Let's start."

 


 

"Where are you going?"

 

"For a walk," Sungyeol replied.

 

"But it's so cold! Wear something thicker, at least?"

 

"Why would you care?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Sungyeol scoffed, "You obviously hate me. Why the sudden change of character?"

 

"Stop being so childish!"

 

"I'm not childish."

 

Myungsoo crossed his arms, rolling his eyes at the male.

 

"Fine! Go for a walk! Be sick, for all I care!"

 

Sungyeol stared at him.

 

"I will."

 

Just as Sungyeol turned around, Myungsoo grabbed his hand.

 

"D-Don't. Don't go."

 

Sungyeol, without thinking, crashed his lips against Myungsoo's, causing the younger to drop his script.

 

"Brilliant! Absolutely wonderful! You two are at the top of my list, but you have to keep practising!" 

 

Sungyeol quickly broke the kiss, and looked at where the voice came from - JeA, who was at the door, writing down their names in her giant notebook.

 

"I'll see you at drama class, this Thursday at lunch!"

 

As the door closed once again, Sungyeol awkwardly looked at Myungsoo, who looked back at him with a stare.

 

"W-Well.. That was awkward."

 


 

A/N : i hope you enjoyed that! c: do comment a lot~ :D