Chances With You

Chances With You

                I’m hopeless. Really hopeless. You see, I like, ah, no, scratch that, I love a friend of mine, in a whole different level. I’ve been feeling this way towards him for a year now, and he’s oblivious. Tell me, how can a person be so dense? Or is it because he’s not really looking my way. Either way, it hurts. And damn it’s so frustrating. You know, you’re thinking about him all day, and he goes off chase some girls. What a guy, huh? But there’s even more to it, the longest relationship he had was apparently a month. Cool? Not so.

                “Hey,Junhyung! Stop drifting to dreamland and get working!” Hyunseung shouted from the other side of the stage. I glowered at him, he didn’t have to shout. Well, it was necessary to call my attention, but it’s still annoying. Damn that feminine-like .

                Well, Hyunseung is the president of the Drama Club. And because we’re good friends ( that’s what he blackmailed Yoseob and I ) we help their club prepare. Oh yeah, Yoseob was the person I was telling you about. And yep, I’m in love with him. He. Boy. I don’t have to emphasize that more, should I?

                Speaking of Yoseob, I looked at his way. He was helping the other boys from Drama Club to make the main background for the upcoming play. Actually, even if a lot of people think that he’s a playboy, he’s not a bad boy. You know, people always have that misconception about boys who often change girlfriends. He’s kind and helping. But totally dense. I sighed and continued my work. I need to finish this so I can get the hell outta here.

 

 

Work was done at 4:30 pm. Apparently, Hyunseung needs his beauty rest. And because we’re friends, I ushered myself in their club room and made myself comfortable on the couch.

                “Yah, get off the couch,” Hyunseung muttered, shooing me away.

                “No.” I replied flatly.

                “You get off there or I’ll tell Yoseob,” Hyunseung threatened. Oh, he didn’t just blackmail me about us being friends. He used that other reason too.  I glared at him and he smiled in triumph. As I stood up, Hyunseung immediately lied on the couch. After a few seconds, he was snoring. Is that how a boy-who-wants-to-be-a-girl should sleep? Duh. I made my way to the coffee tables in the club room, I took a seat and busied myself by imagining things. Then I remembered Yoseob, where was he? And the club room door opened.

                “Hey, sorry. Did something.” he reasoned as he took the seat in front of me. I looked at him. “What is it?” he smiled.

                “Nothing.” I looked away.

                “Whoa, it’s kinda stuffy here. Want a cold coffee?” Yoseob suggested as he fanned himself with his hand. He is smiling. I glared at him. He didn’t seem to notice. How oblivious could he get?

                “Are you buying, Yoseob?” Hyunseung suddenly spoke behind me, which gave me a mini heart attack.

                “Y-yah. I thought you were sleeping. I almost died.” I told him. Hyunseung flipped his long hair.

                “Well, let’s say I sensed Yoseob’s presence,” he looked at me meaningfully. I looked away. He chuckled. “Anyway, you’re buying, right, Yoseob?”

                Yoseob nodded vigorously. “What do you want?”

                “Then, I’ll have coke please,” Hyunseung said with a flirtatious smile. “How about you, Junhyung?”

                “I’ll just have a cold coffee, then.” I muttered.

                “Oh, okay. I’llbe right back!” Yoseob said happily as he scurried out of the doorway. I sighed in relief. Having Yoseob around when Hyunseung is aware of my feelings is a tad bit disturbing.

                Hyunseung returned to lie on the couch.

                “Heh, don’t tense up, Junhyung. He might find out.” Hyunseung teased, and I just have to blush.

                “Shut up,” I snorted. “He’ll know if you don’t shut your mouth.”

                “Ahh, your words wound me!” He spoke in a fake hurt voice. “But, you see, isn’t it good if he knew about your feelings? It’ll make things easier for you.”

                “And worse for us.” I muttered. If I confess, will it really be alright? What if he suddenly thinks that it’s disgusting? What if he avoids me? I’ll definitely won’t know what to do.

                Hyunseung kept quiet after that. In a minute, Yoseob entered the room with the drinks in hand. He put in on the table and took a chair. Hyunseung got up and took his drink.

                “Hey, Yoseob, heard you just broke up with a girl… again.” Hyunseung started.

                “Mwo? Weren’t you guys just going out for two days?” I asked. Wow, that definitely is the shortest of all his relationships.

                “Ow, uh, so you’ve already heard about that.” Yoseob said as he sips his drinks.

                “News about you, dear Yoseob, travels as fast as lightning,” Hyunseung answered. He even winked at Yoseob. I glared at him.

                “Uh, so why did you guys broke up?” I asked again. Partly interested.

                “Well, we went out yesterday. And when we were walking by the park and she said I was no fun.” Yoseob explained with a smile. What the heck.

                “She did?” Hyunseung asked curiously.

                “Well, yeah. She said she thought I am a challenge since I’m a rumored playboy. But then, she said I disappointed her. So, we broke up.” Yoseob narrated. I kept quiet.

                “I told you to be picky on girls!” Hyunseung warned, yet again. Yoseob just smiled.

                “I already told you, didn’t I? I want to meet the girl who’s destined to me. And that’s why I’m taking all the chances I could get.” He explained yet again.

                Hyunseung groaned.

                Yeah, I almost forgot. Yoseob came from a broken family. His parents divorced when they realized that their marriage was a failure. From then on, Yoseob was determined to find his so-called destiny. His soulmate. His fate. But why the heck is he taking it too fast? After one girl, try another one? Does he think that fate is a matter of trial and error? Like when you pick the wrong one, pick another? Is that why he’s been so oblivious the whole time? We’ve been friends since Junior high. We’ve been through our ups and downs. But, I still don’t understand. Why?

                I’ve become so irritated that I immediately stood up.

                “What’s the matter, Junhyung?” I heard Yoseob asked.

                “You are an idiot. You know that?” I blurted out. And with that, I took my things and bolted out of the door. Argh! I really hate him.

 

 

 

I went right back to my apartment. That night, I couldn’t think straightly. Why the hell did I shouted at Yoseob? ARGH! He’ll probably hate me now. It’s not like I’m someone who could invate his personal life just like that. Aish, chinjja! I’m going crazy just thinking about him.

Ding. Dong.

Someone’s at the door? Who could it be? I went to the door and opened it.

“Yo..seob?” I’m in utter surprise. Why is Yoseob standing in my doorway in formal attire and with a bouquet of lilies? “W-what…?”

“Uh, good evening, Junhyung.” He started. “I’m sorry for how I’ve been acting.”

“Huh? That’s… I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have reacted that way.” I replied.

“But, you see, Junhyung. I guess I’m done with fooling around. I would like to try my chances again for the last time… and I want it with you.” Yoseob said seriously.

What the heck. How could I say no to that cute face? I grabbed his head and pulled him to a passionate kiss. He was surprised at first, but after a moment, I felt him responding. I smiled through the kiss.

“Took you so long to realize,” I said.

He smiled. I pulled him inside the house.

“Why lilies though?” I asked, confused.

But then he just wrapped his arms around my neck and leaned in for a kiss.

“No reason.”

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

               

                “What’s with Junhyung?” Yoseob asked Hyunseung.

                Hyunseung gave him a stern look then sighed.

                “I didn’t think you could be this dense, Yoseob.” Hyunseung muttered as he eyed Yoseob.

                “What do you mean, Hyunseung?”

                Hyunseung again sighed. “You go off looking for your so-called destiny. Didn’t you ever think that it really doesn’t matter if it’s a girl or a boy?”

                Yoseob was silent for a moment, then realization hit him. Hard. God, was he really that dense? He looked at the door which Junhyung just exited. Then without a second thought, he left the room.

 

 

 

 

~!~

 

So? How was it? :DD Anyone who had read this is free to give a review! ^^ Thanks!

 

~hibariharu desu