chapter 2; "legends"

Monster

 

CHAPTER  2:

Chaerin carried your unconscious body, speeding down hallways. She panted once she was outside. Determined both of you were safe, Chaerin rested in an alley, your body curled against her. She cringed when there was a burning sensation in her side. Groaning in pain, Chaerin pulled out a bullet, but it was a special king of bullet: it was wolfs bane-covered, silver bullet. Her eyes widened in shock.

 

!” She yelled, growling in pain. She snarled and snapped, digging through the wound to remove any wolfs bane left out before she died. Occasionally glancing at you, Chaerin made sure you were unconscious still as she dug through the wound. “Come on, come on.” She breathed heavily as she cringed visibly in pain as she burned with excruciating pain.

 

Suddenly, something landed next to her with a loud thud. Chaerin startled, snarling at the figure before relaxing at the sight of Taeyang’s concerned face. She sighed in relief, allowing herself to drown under the creeping darkness.

 

“I FOUND THEM!” He screamed frantically, and within seconds, the rest were there, worried and livid. “Chaerin’s been shot with a wolfs bane bullet, and Hana’s unconscious!” Jiyong rushed over to your side as TOP examined Chaerin’s bullet wound. TOP uttered a curse as he lifted Chaerin into his arms and onto a random table nearby.

 

“Taeyang, go help TOP with Chaerin. Daesung, Seungri, scout the area for more of those blood- bastards,” Jiyong snapped, sneering at the mention of their enemies. The three nodded at their leader’s orders and took off to obey while Jiyong attended to you.

 

He caressed your cheek lovingly, eyes searching your face for injuries then your body. Luckily, you weren’t hurt, which immensely relieved him, but what was he going to tell you about what you saw? You probably saw something he didn’t want you to see, but it was inevitable. They were monsters; however, to be more specific, they were werewolves.

 

They were able to use their powers not during a full moon, but during a full moon, their powers reached their peaks and their true forms were released until the crack of dawn. He shouldn’t have dragged you into this mess, but he loved you more than anything.

 

“I’m sorry, Hana, I’m so sorry,” he whispered into your ear. “I didn’t want to drag you into this, but it was going to happen eventually. Hana, I love you.”

 

Jiyong buried his face into the crook of your neck, inhaling your scent that he knew so well and it hadn’t changed at all with the tiny difference of cinnamon. God, he loved you. He didn’t want to lose you again, not like last time. Lifting you carefully into his arms, he carried you. Chaerin was awake, looking weak and vulnerable, but when Jiyong met her gaze, he smiled slightly and nodded.

 

Chaerin heaved a sob of relief. She didn’t you die like last time. TOP let her sob into his arms, and Daesung and Seungri returned in blurs. Their faces were grim.

 

“They’re coming in from the East. And they bought reinforcements, too.” Daesung reported. Seungri let out a growl, kicking a wall and leaving a dent in the cement. Jiyong frowned thoughtfully, and he looked over his friends. They were waiting for his orders.

 

“Alright, so this is what we do: Daesung, you, TOP, and Chaerin take Hana somewhere safe and where they won’t find her. Taeyang, Seungri, and I will hold them off as best as we can. Once you three agree she’s safe, you can come back and assist us,” instructed Jiyong, giving Hana to Daesung. Taeyang and Seungri stood by his side. Giving Hana one last loving look, Jiyong charged off to meet their hordes of their enemies with Taeyang and Seungri following afterward.

 

“Let’s go,” TOP stated as their friends’ figures disappeared into the distance. Daesung nodded, shifting you into a comfortable position. Chaerin stood by TOP’s side, and they took off, hoping everything will turn out alright. Chaerin spared a glance towards you. All she could see a terror-struck expression plastered on your face, and it made her worried.

 

How would Jiyong tell you about them?