New Secretary

Mischievous hearts

 

DARA’S POV

“Aisssssh!”  I’m already frustrated. I’ve been looking for a job for 2 months already but almost all of the company that I applied only said that they will just call me.  But weeks already passed and no one even contacted me. Arrgh!!

“Dara, let’s eat lunch please!! I’m already hungry!” Bom pleaded while stomping her feet. Yup, I’m in the middle of finding a job right now. I asked Bom to accompany me since it’s her day off today.

“Two more companies, Bommie, and then we’ll eat. The landlady will surely kick me out of the apartment if I don’t pay last month’s rent. So you know, I really need a job.”  I answered while looking at her with puppy eyes. It usually doesn’t work with Bom but I still use it. Haha!

“How about you go to those companies and I’ll go eat my precious lunch?”  She cocked her eyebrows with her arms crossed. Aish! This girl, I thought she’s going with me no matter what happens but she always becomes a monster when hungry. :/

“Bommie…..” I pouted. Trying to change my friend’s mind.

“See you later, Dara!! Just call me when you’re done, okay?” Bom said while waving her hands, walking away from me. Ugh! She’ll trade our friendship for food!!! That girl!!

Anyway, with or without Bom, I’m going to continue applying to these companies.

I continued walking around the busy city of Seoul for an hour but I can now hear my stomach cursing at me. I’m really hungry! I should’ve followed Bom. *sigh*

I looked around and saw some vendors of street food.  Hooraay!! I’m not going to starve. Kekeke. I bought some of it to feed my growling stomach. I decided to take a rest for a while so I looked around to search for a vacant bench but all of them were occupied. I don’t want to eat while standing so I walked towards the direction of a bench being occupied by a guy (who’s really good looking. Kyaaaa!! He’s so hot with his blonde hair. He’s wearing a plain white shirt and jeans. ^___^) . It seems that he is alone so I guess it’s fine if sit beside him.

The guy seems to be in deep thought but I almost froze when he glared at me when I was about sit beside him. What the…… Did I do anything wrong?

“Is it okay if I sit here?” I still asked even though I’m already sitting comfortably.  

“No.” He coldly answered. He just started typing something on his phone ignoring my presence. Hmp! He seems like a high-hat person.

What’s up with him? This is a public bench and as a proud citizen of South Korea I have all the rights to sit here. I started eating the foods that I bought.

 *sigh* I hope I get hired as soon as possible. Or I’ll still be one proud useless citizen of this country. If a company calls me, does that mean I’m already hired? Oh, I think it’ll be about the interview. I wonder what questions they will ask me.

I think I should practice. Kekeke.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Sandara Park. 28 years old. I-” Wait. Did I just say that out loud? Oh my gosh. Did he hear it?!!! Omg. He might think I’m a crazy woman!

I slowly turned my head to glance at the guy. He’s still typing on his phone. Woah. Maybe I really didn’t say it out loud? Is it just my imagination? Or he just didn’t hear it? Or maybe he doesn’t care?! Oh gaaah. What am I thinking?! Whew.

I went back on eating and placed my orange juice between us. It’s cold so I need to put it down. I continue eating to forget about my embarrassment a while ago.

*riiiiiiiiiiiing!!!*

I heard my phone ringing. It’s probably Bom.  I forgot to call her. I was about to put my food down when I accidentally spilled my juice. OMG

“What the ?!” The guy abruptly stands. Oh man! His pants look expensive and guess where I spilled my orange juice?! Waaaaa!!!

“I’m sorry!!” Not knowing what to do, I also stood up, pulled my handkerchief from my pocket and offered it to him while looking down.

…….

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!* I almost forgot to answer my phone! I looked up at the guy but he’s just glaring at me.

“Uhm.. I’m really sorry! Er…. Excuse me.” I nervously said then I answered my phone.

“Dara-yah! Where are you?!” Bom asked.

“I’m here at the park near the Han River. Are you done eating?”  I said while glancing at the guy who’s still glaring at me.

“Oh. Come here at Chungmuro! It seems that their CEO is looking for a new secretary!” She stated. Wow. Seems like my monster friends is back in helping me!! But what is she doing at Chungmuro?!

“Really??! I’ll be there!! What’s the publishing company’s label?” I excitedly asked. Oh Dear Lord please give me some luck at this one!! Pleaseeee!

“JK Publishing? Hmm…..Yes I think that’s it.” Bom answered though quite unsure.

“Okay. See you in Chungmuro. Bye!” I hung up and turn around but the guy was already walking away from me. Should I follow him? I need to apologize, right?

I ran after him but he already reached his car and drove. *sigh* Sorry!

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

“Jiyongieeee!!” Top hyung pleaded as he sit on my office’s couch. As usual, he’s just here to annoy the hell out of me. He wants me to come with him and go clubbing all day. Sheeesh. Even if I want to, I’m still stressed over the works here and my secretary resigned because she’s getting married and her husband doesn’t want her to work. God!

“I told you, hyung, I’m not in the mood for partying! Can’t you see? I’m busy!”  I irritatingly said. Geez. He’s annoying.

“Oh come ooooon! Take a break once in a while! Let’s have fun today. I found this nice club and kaboom! Lots of pretty and y girls! I already told the others about it. Haha!” He chirped merrily. It sounds tempting though. But I need to look for a new secretary to help me handle stuffs here at the office. My Dad will ape on me if I mess up.

“I need some fresh air. Go home, hyung, or anywhere away from me. Let’s hang out some other time.” I said while looking for my car’s key.

“You are so boring! That’s why I don’t want to take my work seriously. I’ll become boring like you.”

I didn’t bothered answering as I walked out of my office without glancing at him.

I went to a park near the Han River where I usually go when I need to think. My dad’s targeting this famous author and he wants me to convince the author to sign to our company. Plus, I don’t have secretary to fix and help me with my schedules and other stuffs. I already told Chaerin (my girl best friend) to interview the applicants. I just hope she hires someone as soon as possible

I was lost in my deep thoughts when I saw a girl approaching. I glared at her when she’s about to sit beside me, thinking she’s just one of those stupid girls who always follow me around.

“Is it okay if I sit here?” she asked even she’s though already sitting.

“No.” I answered. I felt my phone vibrates and saw Sohee sent me a message.

From: Sohee

Hi Ji! I’m on my way to your office! J

Oh crap. This girl. I hope it’s clear to her that we’re not committed to each other. I started typing a reply to her.

“I’m not in my office.”  Or is it better if I just let her go there and see my empty office. Hahaha! I just played with my phone after that, still thinking how to deal with that author.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Sandara Park. 28 years old. I-” the girl suddenly talks to……. Herself? Is she nuts?! I didn’t bother looking at her. Weirdo~

I saw her at the corner of my eyes, glancing at me, probably checking if I hear her or not. I continue playing with my phone trying to ignore her presence.

*riiiiiiiiiiiing!!!*

I heard her phone ring and……..

“What the ?!” I stand abruptly when I felt something cold absorbed by my pants.

“I’m sorry!!” she also stood up and offered me her handkerchief. God! The earth is full of annoying people! I just glared at her.

*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!*

She looked at me but I just continued glaring at her.

“Uhm.. I’m really sorry! Er…. Excuse me.” She said. Obviously nervous. She then answered her phone.

“I’m here at the park near the Han River. Are you done eating?” she said, talking to the person on the other line while glancing at me.

Yada yada yada. She kept on talking, completely forgetting that she spilled her juice on my friggin’ pants!

I decided to just go back to my office. I get inside my car and drove.

Arrrgh! I hate this day!!

 

DARA’S POV

I finally met Bom at Chungmuro. We’re now in front of JK Publishing company’s building. I don’t know but I feel kinda nervous for this one. Bad signs? Geeez. I hope not.

“Let’s go inside?” Bom asked. We walked inside the building and reached the reception.

“Excuse me. Uhm… I saw that your company is looking for a secretary. So, I’m going to apply for the position.”  I said at the girl at the reception. She looks younger than me yet she already have a work. Geeez.

“Ahh yes.” The girl smiled. “I’ll just ask if they accept interviewee right now.” She continued.

“Thank you.” I replied. Then she dialed a number on the phone. I looked at Bom who is busy looking around.

“Miss.” I looked at the girl who’s now done talking to her boss? I think.  “Ms. Chaerin said she can interview you right now. Please proceed at Mr. Kwon’s office at the 12th floor.” She stated and smiled.

“Okay! Thank you!!” I merrily said to her. “Come on, Bommie!” I called Bom.

“Uhm. Miss, I’m sorry but she can’t go with you. Only the interviewee can go inside Mr. Kwon’s office.” She sheepishly smiled at me.

“Oh. I see.” I replied, nodding.

“I’ll just wait for you here, Dara.” Bom smiled and walked towards the couch at the lobby.

“Thanks, Bommie!” I shouted since she’s already sitting comfortably at the couch in the corner.

 

I’m now in the front of the CEO’s office. *inhale* *exhale*

 

“Come in!” I heard a y voice said. Jesus Christ. I am so nervous!!  But wait, I thought the CEO is Mr. Kwon? Isn’t it a girl’s voice? Whatever. I just need to go inside and get the job *inhale* *exhale*

I went inside and saw a girl standing being surrounded by this cool aura. She’s wearing a leather jacket, a short and stockings. Her blonde hair and thick eye liner suits her very well!! Is she an actress? A model?

“G-good afternoon Ma’am.” I stammered. Oh God. I’m already sweating!! I heard the door opened but I think I’m already frozen on my spot so I didn’t turn around to see who came.

“Good afternoon. I’m Lee Chaerin. I’m the head of the Administrative Department. I’m sure you’re wondering on why am I the one who’s going to interview you, well that’s because the CEO of this company is too arrogant to deal with applicants.” She chuckled. Waaah! So pretty and she sounds so cool!! It lessened my nervousness a bit. But is it right to call her boss arrogant?

I smiled at her and nodded.

“What’s your name?” She asked. I walked towards her and handed my resume.

“M-my name i-“

“Sandara  Park.” I was interrupted when someone finished my sentence for me. I turn around to see who it was.

My eyes widened when I saw the guy at the park earlier! And he’s pants is still wet, thanks to me and my clumsiness.

He walked pass by me and sat on the couch. Omg. What is he doing here?  What should I do? Should I say sorry? But I’m in the middle of an interview!

“Uhm….” I nervously faced him. “I’m really sorry about earlier.” I decided to apologize again. He just looks at me with an unreadable expression.

“You know her?” Ms. Chaerin asked the guy.

“No.” he coldly answered.  “Please tell her to leave.” Ms. Chaerin raised her left eye brow at the guy then looked at me. I remained standing.

……………

Silence

…………..

“Okay. So, Sandara-sshi. Hmm…You may now leave.” She said. WHAT?!!!!!! Just because he told her that, she’s going to reject me?!

“Oh. Uhm…” I tried to say something.

 “You’re hired. Please come back here tomorrow so Mr. CEO here can discuss everything to you.” She continued while glancing at the guy. Is that for real? I got hired without doing anything? OMG. I’m so lucky!!! Hooray!! But…

…..CEO here?? Does that mean…..

“What?!No!” The guy complained.

“Yes. She’s hired.” Ms. Chaerin said with finality. The guy glared at her. She looked at me then smiled. “Can I just call you Dara? Sandara is pretty long.” She chuckled.

“Sure, Ms. Chaerin.” I replied, smiling back at her. Ms. Chaerin seems a nice person.

“Just call me CL. And this guy here is Kwon Jiyong. Believe it or not, he’s the CEO of this company. He will be your employer from now on.”

I just stood there and gaped at her.

Oh.my.God