Happy Birthday, Hyung

Happy Birthday, Hyung

December 14th; 12:37 A.M.

 

 

The clumsy and gentle leader of SHINee rested peacefully on his bed, a few snorts escaping his lips here and there. Ever so often, he'd roll in his sleep and the movements in the room would suddenly freeze, the four heads swinging in the direction of the sleeping man.  Each were tense and alert. Once the blankets had settled, the four figures began moving once again, relaxing their stiffened muscles.

A quiet huff came from the right side of the room, a hand resting on the young man's hip.

"You call that decorating? This looks like you just threw streamers around!" The man hissed quietly and shooed the shortest figure off, picking up the streamer that was messily taped to the wall. "Aish. How do this even look good?" The short man pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, Key, maybe if it wasn't nearly pitched black, I would actually be able to see!" He protested, angrily throwing his hands in the air. Key narrowed his feline-like eyes and kept his gaze on the man in front of him.

"Yeah? Well, why don't we just turn on the light and expect Onew-Hyung to stay asleep? I mean, I definitely sleep when a solar beam of light suddenly turns o-"

Each of the SHINee members froze in an almost ripple affect as a groan rose from the mattress on the ground, followed by the blanket shifting again in the turns Onew made in his sleep. The only sound that was heard in the room were the sounds of their breathing and the party streamer crinkling in Key's hands. Once again, the movements ceased and the tallest was the first to react.

"Was it a good idea to do this so early in the morning? I mean, we're all tired." He jabbed a thumb at the nodding off "goddess" sitting on the floor. "And what if Onew-Hyung doesn't want a party? He'll just tell us all to sleep. Not that Taemin would mind, anyways." At the sound of his name, the long haired boy's head jerked up, his brown eyes blinking away the sleepiness.

"Hm? What now?" He asked, stretching out his arms and yawning. Key smiled in his direction and waved his hand in a shooing manner.

"We're almost done decorating. When I tell you, I need you to jump on Onew's bed in a 'panic', okay?" His fingers made quotation marks around 'panic.' Taemin nodded excitedly and positioned himself near Onew's bed, eagerly ready to pounce on the leader. Key hid himself behind one of the bunk beds and nodded to Taemin.

Show time.

Taemin jumped from his bed onto the leader, receiving a grunt. Taemin shook his shoulder with his hands and made small whimpering noises.

"Hy-Hyung! Please help! The other Hyungs have gone missing! I've tried calling their cells phones, but none of them picked up!" Taemin cried, sniffling slightly to try and rouse the soft piece of tofu from his sleep. Onew groaned and opened one of his eyes to look at Taemin's face, surprised to find it only inches away from his own. "Hyung, please help! W-We need to go look for them right now!"

Onew gently removed the Maknae from his lap, groaning as he sat up from his comfortable position.

"Taemin-Ah, I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason to why they're gone..." He began, running a hand through his own hair. Taemin shook his head violently.

"They'd never leave without your permission, remember? That was the first rule that we made when we moved into the dorm."

Taemin pried himself off of Onew's body and jumped up, flicking on the lights. Onew momentarily raised his hands to cover his blinded eyes, only to blink it away a few seconds later to see the streamers and the "happy birthday!" sign attached to the wall.

"W-What is this?" He questioned, removing the blanket from his legs.

"Happy birthday, Hyung!" The four members chorused, Jonghyun, Key, and Minho stepping out of their hiding spots. A smile broke out on Onew's lips as he examined the room.

"You guys... You shouldn't have!" He exclaimed, gathering them all in a group hug.

"But, Hyung! You're getting one year older and as our leader, you deserve this!"

"Yeah, but at... One in the morning?" Onew chuckled as he pointed to the clock on the wall and Key shrugged in reply.

"Well, celebrate early, shall we?" Key suggested, pulling out a nicely wrapped present. The bow was a pretty pink color to symbolize that it was from Key, but Onew had his thoughts occupied by the youngest standing behind all his Hyungs, a sad expression of his facial features.

"Taemin-Ah, I want to open your present first," Onew said, pushing past his dongsaengs to make his way to the sulking teen.

"I was afraid you'd say that," Taemin muttered under his breath, adverting his gaze away from Onew. This behavior confused Onew because Taemin wasn't his normal, bubbly self.

"So, Taemin, what'd you get for me?" Onew asked, poking Taemin's empty hands. Taemin remained silent. "Taemin-Ah?"

"I-I couldn't buy you one," Taemin mumured quietly, shuffling his socked feet. Onew tilted his head and smiles warmly.

"Why're so upset, Taemin?" Taemin's eyes fluttered up to meet Onew's in a quick glance.

"B-Because everyone else got you a present besides me! Two days ago, I was on my way to go get your present. When I got off the subway, I realized that I dropped my money. When I went back for it, it was gone... So I'm broke too." Taemin sniffled and crossed his slender arms over his chest, feeling rather ashamed with himself. I couldn't even get him a coupon to a chicken restaurant! Taemin thought angrily to himself, steps away from throwing a fit from seeing the colorfully wrapped boxes in the hands of his elders. It was unexpected when Taemin felt two arms tighten around his body and the hot breath of Onew on his neck. His face flushed a bright red as Onew remained in the hug.

"You know, Taemin. You gave me the same birthday present every year since four years ago," Onew began, pulling back to look at Taemin's shocked face. "Your present is being in SHINee and telling me 'happy birthday' every year. And I really like this present."

At the leader's statement, Taemin broke out in a grin, feeling better than before. He opened his arms and brought Onew in for another hug.

"Happy birthday, Hyung! I'll get you a present soon!" Taemin promised, placing a small kiss on Onew's cheek. Once Taemin had released his hold on the leader and bounced off, Onew could do nothing but watch Taemin, in slight shock for the kiss. After a few seconds, someone cleared their throat.

"Okay, Onew-Hyung, you had your loving moment with Taemin. Now let us have a turn with you! Open your presents already!" Key insisted, shoving his box into Onew's arm with a bit too much of force. Onew stumbled backwards, and luckily, landed bottom first on his mattress.

"Yah!" He looked up at the younger boy in front of him. "What's in this box that's making you so eager to make me open it?"

Taemin plopped down beside Onew, their knees grazing along each other as Onew tore into the thin paper.

The first thing Onew saw was a card on top, which contained some money. Ripping into the box, a goofy grin spread on Onew's face. He removed a large chicken stuffed animal from the box, hugging it close to his chest.

"Thank you, Kibum... But it must've cost you a lot! How much was it?" Onew questioned, picking at the lint balls stuck to the chicken's beak. Key shrugged.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out."

Taemin yawned and rested his head on Onew's shoulder, exhausted from his work (did he really?) earlier and the time.

"Can we open the rest of the presents at a more reasonable time? This is a ridiculous hour to be awake," Taemin whined, falling back on Onew's bed. "I'm sleeping. Party quietly."

Minho nodded in response, stifling a yawn.

"I agree. We can open the rest later. Why don't we just sleep? I think that that's the best present for all of us." Jonghyun climbed up onto his bed, pulling the thick blanket over his head. Key pouted and attempted to protest but a quiet yawn left him.

"You may as well sleep too, Key-Hyung," Taemin murmured drowsily, crawling under Onew's blankets.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once each of the SHINee members were in bed, Onew had laid down next to Taemin, feeling the boy's breaths cascading on his neck. Gently, Onew pulled Taemin into a hug, careful not to wake his sleeping form. He was startled when Taemin suddenly returned the hug.

"Happy birthday, Hyung..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

Happy birthday, Rin!

I'm sorry that the OnTae was very little...

And plus, I've never written fluff as just it's own story!

Don't kill me for my grammar mistakes and any other mistakes.

Happy birthday, Unnie~<3 I love you! I'm sorry that it isn't exactly 193839392  1000 words.

Typing on phones bro.