Chapter 2

A conflict with death

Chapter 2

 

    He took from his pocket a set of keys while she was waiting aside the door. She broke the silence “If you don’t mind, please take me to my dad, I prefer to be with him, also I’m not comfortable”

“I don’t know where he is actually, all I said before it was just assumptions but I’m sure he is safe”

He let her enter the house after that he closed the door. The whirlwind pits completely and then Siwon turn on the light. She frowned because her eyes were still accustomed to the darkness for the past hours.  She got rid of her heavy backpack by putting it on the table which was in the middle of the hall. He walked to her carefully then he put his hands on her shoulders and speaks.

“Now I would like to hear your explanation about being on the foot of the mountain, this if I didn’t ask you for other things” He smirked.

She turned her body to face him “It’s really nice to see you again Siwon” She said with a smile on her face.

“Hyoyeon what you think you were doing, it was so dangerous there and you almost die alone, what are you wonder women ha?”

“Maybe”

She tried to make fun of his word, but poor Hyoyeon fail to make a joke he just got angrier.

“You should have climb to the top at least…………or maybe near that place”

Hyoyeon didn’t bother herself to answer him, she kept looking at him without emotion and suddenly he grabbed her arm to be closer to him, both felt the electricity inside their body. Hyoyeon felt happy and sad at the same time. Their breathing escalated, after that she managed to release herself from his strong grip then she sat at the other side of the hall.

She tried to be strong and hide her discomfiture, also his too.

“Don’t ever touch me”

Although she aware him, he moved closer again and put his hand on her shoulders.

“But you seemed happy when I got near you, at that time when I saved you from the floods”

“You know, It will feel the same if it was anyone”

“Hyoyeon  , we was about to go back at that time , it was a miracle that we found you “

He closed his eyes for a few seconds and spoke again.

“Tell me what make you go there? “

“I was working”

“Working??”

“Yes, Siwon I was working”

He tried to calm again

“You don’t know how I felt when we found you there lifeless, my blood frozen just when I thought that you were died”

“Maybe…..but I’m alive and proud that I took beautiful pictures there, also I was aware that it’s very dangerous…

She was so excited, waving her camera in front of him while she continues to talk.

“I know it’s crazy, but the way I was near the purple color of the sky  with the floods and darkness of the whole place , with the most predator animals around me  and the bridge that was about to brick into small pieces it felt OMG…. I captured all that here, after that it turns out to horrible scene even the sounds was so terrible and scary.

She waved with her recorder too, with eyes full of victory...

“Everything is recorded here the feeling, thoughts, even the vibration of the land underneath when the bridge began to shake”

He sits down calm himself more; he wanted to smash her into pieces.  

“Are you that happy about what u did to yourself?”

“I’m proud, because I’m passionate to my work, even if it will coast my life”

He found it useless, she just don’t understand his point.

“Perhaps your destiny was as those animals that went with the floods”

“I’m not an animal, I hate failure, but im not an animal, don’t ever say this to me”

“Arasso , I forgot that you hate this kind of words, Minhae”

“Let’s forget about this, enough”

He tried to calm her down so he spoke with a soft tone…

“I’m really sorry, but you know when Siwon feels scared he will be crazy”

She smiled” Yeah, I remember that proverb of yours……apology accepted”

“Let’s go you have to change your clothes, or else you will catch a cold”

She puts down her camera and took her backpack again, carefully with a help of Siwon she put all he belonging into to dry on a plastic fabric.

He put a towel around her back while sitting in front of her with his legs stretched on the couch. He smiled when he saw unfamiliar things in her bag.

“Wow, a lipstick and mascara, that’s impressive” He said with a smile.

“You see people changes, but I still don’t use them often, so don’t be so proud of yourself”

“I remembered five years  ago , you said when I have to work even if I will be in a another part of the word my backpack will be always  with me, you also said that u never took anything else just your necessary things, I see you not lying”

She sight heavenly, then she took the chance to ask him about her dad again.

“Siwon please tell me, is he alright?”

“Just don’t worry, ok”

“Tell me, I have the right to know “

“I don’t know really” He tried to put efforts on his lying.” I really didn’t see him”

“Siwon , please tell me , don’t lie to me , I beg you”

He slowly holds her hand then he jumped up of his seat. Turn his back to her.

“Siwon ,  what happened ? ……something bad happened to him? Right?”

Her face turned pale.

“He’s not…….not…

“No” he cut her and shakes her body that seemed frozen, and then he took her in front of the heater.

“Mr. Kim is alive and in good condition just like me and you, No…more like me because you seem thinner than usual. Are you sick?”

“No, that’s because I worked too much lately”

Although she’s thinner than before and look a bit pale, he still likes her, he will always do.