But then, I’m willing to wait.

But then, I’m willing to wait.

She entered the house after a knock. She found the owner on the kitchen preparing something for dinner.

                “Ah, Yoon Hee-ah, are you looking for Baekhyun?” the older woman asked as she saw Yoon Hee enter the kitchen. The girl nodded meekly.

                “Is he in his room?” She asked quietly.

                The woman smiled and gave her a nod. “He might be on the rooftop, though. Be careful with your steps.” She warned.

                Yoon Hee nodded with a small smile. “I will. Thanks, ahjumma.”

 

                With that, she stormed off to the second floor where Baekhyun’s room was located. She had been here; it was even like she lived in this house. Baekhyun had been her friend ever since she was ten years old. They just moved here, and Baekhyun was the first to befriend her.

                She opened the door to Baekhyun’s room. Yoon Hee looked around; when she didn’t saw him she immediately went to the window. Yoon Hee slid the window open. A young man strumming his guitar looked at her direction.

                “I knew it was you who knocked,” Baekhyun said with a smile. Then he sensed the gloomy around Yoon Hee.

                Yoon Hee went out of the window to sit beside Baekhyun. She sighed.

                “Something wrong happened?” Baekhyun asked.

                Yoon Hee nodded with a small ‘hn.’

                “Is it about him again?” Baekhyun inquired quietly. He strummed his guitar. It’s this topic again, they had been talking it everytime. “You know he’s not worth it.”

                “I know. But I wonder why I can’t break up with him.” Yoon Hee said softly. She sniffed. “I’m so hopeless.”

                Baekhyun stared at the night sky. The stars were slightly covered by the clouds. It might rain tonight, he thought. He looked at the figure beside him who was struggling to keep her tears. He felt a tug in his heart. It was never a pleasant sight to see the girl he loves like this. He wanted to tell her about how he feels, but just like Yoon Hee, he thinks he is hopeless.

                “I’m sorry.” The girl suddenly said, which pulled Baekhyun from his trance. He looked at the girl in confusion.

                “What for?” he asked.

                “Everytime I come here, it’s the same old topic. It’s the same drama. The same reason for tears.” Yoon Hee sighed. It was true, she’s already feeling embarrassed about it. She’s thankful that Baekhyun doesn’t mind at all. Then a tear escaped her eyes.

                Baekhyun looked at her. “Then don’t cry.” He smiled and wiped the tear from the girl’s eyes. “It would be nice if I see you out of that window with a huge smile on your face, you know.”

                Yoon Hee smiled sincerely. “You are one weird friend.”

                “I can say the same for you.” Baekhyun said as he starts to strum his guitar again.

                “Babo.” Yoon Hee sneered. “That’s why I love you!” She smiled widely, ruffling Baekhyun’s hair.

                “Aish. Chinjja. You ruined my hair!” Baekhyun said in annoyance. “I hate you.”

                “Aigoo.” Yoon Hee smiled again. She glanced at her watched and remembered something.“Oops. Need to go now.” Yoon Hee said as she stood.

                “Wae? You can eat dinner here.” Baekhyun suggested quietly.

                “I would. Next time. Bye, Hyun. Ah, thanks for always being there.” Yoon Hee said as she stuck her tongue out.

                Baekhyun nodded as Yoon Hee returns to his room, and eventually he heard the front door opening and closing. He sighed. He still couldn’t find the courage to confess his feelings. She was just so oblivious with his feelings.

                Of all the times we’ve spend together, your eyes are always on the verge of tears. It’s because of him, I know. It hurts me to see you like that. If only you could realize… that it had been always me who’s with you. But then, I’m willing to wait.