Fictional

Fictional

“Today’s weather is so beautiful!”  I said to myself as I walk passing the park. Then I hear my phone is ringing.

“Yoboseyeo?”

“Ya! Oddiseo? Are you walking around the park without realizing the time?” my bestfriend, Sunny, shouted.

“Wae? What time is it?” I asked

“It’s almost 9 pm! Ppali!”

“Omo! Mianhae, mianhae!” then I hung up and ran as fast as I can.

 

Sunny and I are best friend. We were born in the same day and our moms are best friend. I’m so grateful to have her as my best friend. But somehow, deep inside, there’s a jealousy from me to her. She’s very pretty. I mean, really pretty. With her eye-smile and her cute laugh. She does aegyo very well while I can’t do aegyo at all. Sunny is very carefree and diligent. She always gets good scores. I try to study, but my scores are never be the same like her. I guess, you can that we’re the characters in the princess and the pauper. Everyone likes her. I envy her.

 

 “Ahjussi! Andwe!” I shouted when I saw the security guard closing the school gate.

“Jwesonghamnida, Miyoung-ssi.”

I panted heavily because I ran out of breath. “Jebal.” I asked him.

“Eh? It’s late already?” someone said. This voice.. I turned my head.

“Oh. Annyeong, Miyoung-ah.” He waved my hand to me.

“Eunhyuk-ah, are you late too?” I asked him.

“I didn’t know it’s already past 9 pm.” He said calmly.

“What the heck?! I ran like crazy people and you look like that you’re about going to a tea party.” I hit his arm.

“Ouch! Easy, dear. It’s okay if we’re gonna be punished. As long as I’m with you, everything is gonna be okay.” He winked at me.

 

“So, you again, Hwang Miyoung-ssi. You must have been walking around the park again, huh?” Park sunsaengnim asked me. Shoot. He’s definitely gonna make me suffer.

“Jwesonghaemnida, sunsaengnim.” I looked down so he knows that I’m sincere apologizing.

“Eunhyuk-ssi, why did you come late?” his eyes are looking at Eunhyuk.

“I woke up late, sunsaaengnim.” He answered with his smile. He looks so calm. Is he crazy or what? But I guess, that’s his charm that make me falling in love with him.

“You two, detention for an hour.”

“Ne? An hour only, sunsaengnim?” I asked and I regret myself for asking.

“Ne. Since there’s a meeting for teachers, I only give you an hour. Why? You want more?”

“Ani, ani.” I shook my head.

“Off you two.” Then Eunhyuk and I left the room.

 

“Miyoung-ah, having fun being scolded with Park sunsaengnim?” Sunny asked me

“Sunny-ah, don’t be like that to Miyoung. You’re so evil.” Eunhyuk said and put his arm around my shoulder. When Sunny saw that, she was about to die in laughter. Damn it. she knows that I’m speechless.

“Why are you laughing, Sunny-ah?” Eunhyuk asked her

“Ani. Ani. Looking at you two is really fun. Why don’t you just date?” Sunny said bluntly. I glare at her.

“Aren’t we already dating?” Eunhyuk asked.

“What the?!” I yelled at him. Babo! What if he really mean it? No way. Get back into reality you dumb.

 

At class, someone threw  paper on me. I opened the paper.

 

Eunhyuk’s birthday is tomorrow. Have you found a present for him? The class decided to prank on him and give him a surprise party.

 

Oh. It’s from Sunny. Right. Eunhyuk’s birthday is tomorrow. I replied her message.

 

Yeah I already found a present. What are you going to give to him?

 

I watched her reading my message. She looked at me and sticking out her tongue to me. What the hell. I’m not in the mood for your childish act right now. I don’t why but something has been bugging my mind. It makes me hate Sunny more and I’m irritated for every single thing she did. I even had a nightmare about her and Eunhyuk a day before Eunhyuk’s birthday. I woke up and cried. I’m afraid that it will happen. No. no it can’t. Eunhyuk-ah, saranghae.

Eunhyuk-ah, I will tell you that I love you.

 

“Saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha uri Eunhyuk, saengil chukha hamnida.” All of us singing for him after we made him cried because of our prank.

He was speechless. Then he smiled widely and started dancing. He amazed me. I wonder if he thinks that I look pretty in this new dress.

Eunhyuk-ah, saengil chukha hamnida!” I hugged him.

“Gomawo, Miyoung-ah. Where’s my present?” he asked bluntly.

“Here you go!” I gave him a big box with a ribbon on it. He stared at me.

“What? You want to open it now?”

He grinned. “You know me so well, Miyoung-ah.” And he opened the present.

“Daebak! Wow. This is the best present I’ve ever had, Miyoung-ah. I’ve always wanted this. Gomawo!” he hugged me.

“Ne. cheonma.” I smiled. It’s happy to see him happy. I gave him a sport shoes that he’s always wanted. It’s quite expensive, but it’s worth it. I’m willing to do it.

 

“Sunny-ah, no areumdawayo.” I heard someone said that. When I turned my head, my heart broke. Eunhyuk told Sunny that she’s pretty. Am I not pretty enough? Do I look weird in this dress and make up? Why it’s only Sunny? I can never be as graceful and as pretty as her.I look at both of them. Eunhyuk is unwrapping the present from Sunny. I wonder what Sunny gave to him.

“Oh my God. It’s very cute, Sunny-ah! He looks just like me. Gomawo!” he hugged Sunny. What the hell? She only gave him a monkey holding jewel stuffed animal. I gave him shoes. This is so unfair.My mood has ruined. I feel like I want to cry because everything is just useless. But I try to enjoy this party.

 

“So, I would like to invite two beautiful ladies that always accompany me at school. Give applause to Sunny and Miyoung!” Eunhyuk mouthed to us, told us to come up on stage.

“Confess! Confess! Confess!” I heard the people started saying that. Is he gonna confess? I hope it’s me. I started smiling. So does Sunny.

 

nan geudaemane oppa

geudaen namane yoja

hangsang ne gyeote isso julge

Neol saranghae

 

The two of us amazed with his singing. He handed his hand to Sunny, and Sunny ACCEPT it. eunhyuk kneeled down to her, “Sunny, will you be my girlfriend?” sunny looks speechless, then, “Yes.”

What?! Did she just say yes? I thought she knows that I’ve been crushing on Eunhyuk for such a long time. So that means, she has been crushing on him too. But why she didn’t tell me? I mean, we could work it out together. I don’t want to talk to her again, nor Eunhyuk. She should’ve told me. I’m so mad at her because she didn’t tell me at all.

I ran down from the stage and everyone is whispering to each other. I called a taxi and went home. All I can do is crying in my room. I cried for hours. I thought that Sunny or Eunhyuk will text me. But no. They don’t care anymore. They have their happy times. I scoffed. Laughing at the picture that I hang on my wall. It’s the picture of me and Sunny in our school trip a month ago. I took the picture and throw it on the floor. It’s broken and my hands were bleeding because I picked the broken glasses with my bare hands. I’m crying when I picked those glasses. I don’t feel hurt at all except my heart. Is this the feeling being betrayed by your bestfriend? Is this the feeling of heartbroken? I should’ve known that this is not a story that I can make. I can’t make my life just like I make bedtime stories for my little brother. It’s fictional. I should’ve known that.

 

I woke up and I was shocked because my eyes were puffy. Ugh. I look horrible. But it’s okay. Boys don’t care anyway. Usually, when I saw my face was ‘horrible’ or I was having a bad hair day, I will try to fix it so I can look good infront of Eunhyuk. But now, not anymore.

When I walk toward my class, I see Eunhyuk and Sunny are holding hands and laughing. They were a little bit surprised when they saw me. Tsk. Traitor. But I see Eunhyuk was passing me and looking at me worriedly.

 

Please, just pass by pretending like you don't see me
Please, don't even give me a glance
Don't give anything to me

Like it's the first time we've seen each other, like we're strangers
Just pass by

It has to be like that

Even if you're far away, I hope that you'll be happy
I bury my love deeply within my heart

(Tiffany – I’m Alone)

 

sorry if it's too short, or mistakes or the story . comments are loved :)