Chapter 1

State of Emergency

 

Chapter 1

Music for this Chapter: Drive by Dalmatian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiqnoazEayY

 

 

 

It had been a few weeks since you had started college.  It was going pretty good until this moment. You were extremely bored. Your friends had begged you to go to this college party at a new club and they would not take no as an answer.

They even decided to set you up for a blind date. You did not like set ups like this. Hell, you did not even want to date anyone right now. It was your first semester in college so you wanted to focus on your grades instead. So you were sitting by the bar, watching the dancing people. You were bored out of your mind.

 

At the same time your blind date was at the party as well. Like you he was forced to come here for a blind date. He told his friends numerous times that he was not interested in brainless party girls but his friends also did not take no for an answer.

His friends spotted you by the bar and smiled wickedly. “Look there she is. Go talk to her, NOW!” One of his friends pointed towards you and pushed him to your direction.

You looked up when a shadow hovered over you and frowned. There was a gorgeous man standing in front of you with a frown on his face. Is this the one my friends decided to hook me up with?

You swirled around in your chair and faced the bar counter instead of him. He raised an eyebrow in interest. At least she did not jump at me like the other girls.

He sat next to you and ordered a light cocktail as he did not like getting wasted. “Hi,” He extended his hand with his name for a handshake.

You gave him a look but out of curtsey shook his hand. “Hello.”

“And your name is?” He asked, curiously. After all she was his date for the night whether he liked it or not.

“I don’t think you need to know.” You shrugged and went back to drinking your soda.

“You’re right. I’m not interested in this anyways.” He smirked. “Foolish party girls aren’t really my type anyways.” He muttered more to himself, eyeing you up and down. Well, your outfit did not stand out like the other girls’ you were more on the casual side but still he was prejudiced.

“Excuse me?” You turned in your seat sideways and looked him in the eye. “Repeat that again.”

“I think you heard me correctly.” He raised an eyebrow. He was intimidated by your gaze, more like mesmerized with your eyes but he wasn’t going to back down now.

“First of all, you need to get your prejudiced mind out of the gutter. Secondly I am not a party girl. I was brought here against my will. I was planning on leaving after an hour since I don’t like disappointing my friends. I am not interested in blind dates. My friend should have known better to choose someone of my rank.” You eyed him with distaste,

“I do not deserve this kind of treatment. Plus I am majoring in political science so you cannot call me foolish. What do you major in? Music? I’m sure you don’t need much smarts to get into that college.” You crossed your arms with a smirk after your monologue. Being a liberal arts student you knew how to talk and you did not back down from arguments, debating was one of your favorite hobbies.

He was left in awe after your talk. She sure is interesting. Hell, he was mesmerized by your confidence. Normally girls did not talk back to him because they wanted to be with him and he did not like spineless girls like those.

“Fine. I might have had been a bit prejudiced. I’m a gentlemen enough to apologize but do not ever make fun of my major. It is just as hard to get into the College of Performing Arts in this university as it is to get into the College of Liberal Arts.” He stated calmly, then broke into a smile.

You were taken aback by his smile as it was just too dazzling.

“I don’t trust people easily that’s why I was being a jerk towards you earlier. Let me make it up to you.” He said.

“E-excuse me?” You were left flabbergasted with his answer. You were used to people arguing back with you and debating endlessly. No one had ever given up so easily on an arguement before.

“I can tell that this kind of a place is not fit for neither of us so,” He smiled more with his eyes turning into crescent moons, “Let me take you out for a lunch tomorrow.”

You could not even reject him because you were just too surprised with his actions and his smile. “Sure,” You found yourself smiling back at him.

 

--

 

The next day you were cursing yourself for agreeing with him. Ugh, why did I do that? I hope he forgets. You were walking out of your government mid-term exam and was already too frustrated with the exam that you did not want to add him to the list.

Once you walked out of the building you saw him standing outside, leaning against his car with that dazzling smile on his face.

Is he for real? You approached him timidly. “What are you doing here?”

“What do you think?’ He opened the passenger door to his car, “taking you out to dinner of course. Get in.” He ushered you into the car before he went on the driver’s side.

You were skeptical about him but decided that a lunch would not hurt anybody. Both of you found it easy to converse after yesterday’s incident at the club. Once over the initial prejudice you found many similarities with each other.

---

Soon it became a usual thing for you to go out with him for lunch at least once a week. He was sweet, funny and very talented musically. Both of you became very good friends. You realized that you were falling for him hard soon enough and did not like it. He sees me as a good friend I can’t ruin it. You repeated in your head thousands of times to convince yourself.

 

---

 

Your first semester in college was coming to an end soon. It was New Year’s Eve and you were sitting alone in the dorms. You could not go back to your hometown for the New Years and felt absolutely lonely.

You were taken back to reality from your thoughts when your phone rang. “Yeobeoseyo?” You answered tiredly.

“Hey!__-ah! I’ll be there in half an hour. Get ready we are going out!~” He announced happily and very loudly causing you to keep the phone a few inches away from your ear.

“What? No I don’t feel like-“You argued but he cut you off.

“I’m not taking no as an answer. I’ll be there in…29 minutes! Get ready!” He announced and hung up.

You felt a smile creep up on your lips. You did not want to spend new year’s alone and being with him meant that it was going to be perfect.

Since it was snowing outside you put on black skinny jeans with boots over it. You wore a nice blouse with your jacket over it. Then you let your hair down and wore a red beanie with a matching scarf. You looked adorable all dolled up.

 

Just like he had said he was at your dorm in 29 minutes. He pinched your cheeks calling you cute before taking you to a fancy restaurant that was specifically decorated for the new years.

You felt underdressed for the place but he assured you that you looked perfect. The dinner went by fast with both of you talking and laughing.

You were playing with the last bits of cake on your plate, too full to eat it all up. He glanced at the clock and let out a gasp. You eyed him weirdly and he just smiled goofily.

He paid for the dinner and grabbed your hand. “C’mon we are gonna miss it!” He pulled you up and rushed outside.

“Miss what?” You asked but did not get an answer. Both of walked outside and you stopped in awe. The streets were decorated for the new years and there was a Clock Tower in the middle. Families and couples were out in the street looking at the clock expectantly. No one minded the snow falling down or how cold it was as they waited for the last 10 seconds of the year.

“10-9-8-7-“ Everyone started counting down in union and you joined in as well.

“I have to tell you something,” He said trying to get your attention back on him.

“6-5-“

“What is it?” You asked without looking at him, you were too busy watching the minute hand on the clock move.

“4-3-“ The countdown went on.

“C’mon.” You urged him but he did not say anything.

“2-1-0!” You heard the clock tower gong very loudly, welcoming the New Year. Fireworks shot up in the sky for the occasion adding to the beautiful scenery.

“WOOHOO!~” You cheered jumping up and down with your hands in the air like everyone else.

He gazed at you with loving eyes, “—ah,” He said more softly this time, with more affection in his voice.

You looked at him, “Hmm?” There was a bright smile plastered on your face. Your cheeks and the tip of your nose was red from the cold and all that jumping. “Yes?”

He took a step closer to you and gazed into your eyes, “I love you.” He said it so easily.

Your eyes widened in shock but you quickly fixed your expression. He doesn’t mean it like that, don’t get your hopes up. You convinced yourself once more, “Huh? That’s it? I love you, too, silly,” You said with a small laugh.

He frowned and stepped closer to you. He leaned towards you so that you were face to face with him. Your eyes widened at the proximity.

“For someone who claims to be so smart you can be pretty dense.” He smiled at you. You were about to argue back but stopped when you heard his next words. “I mean I am in love with you.” He whispered.

Your breath got caught in your throat and you couldn’t say anything. He leaned even closer towards you. Your heart was hammering against your chest so you close your eyes without knowing what to do. Seeing your expectant expression he smiled and placed a kiss at the tip of your nose and straightened up.

You opened your eyes when you felt his lips on your nose. You looked up at him, confused.

“I cannot kiss you if you are not returning my feelings.” He gave you a knowing look.

You turned crimson red, “I was not expecting a ki-“You started to blabber but stopped soon. “I did not think I had to say how much I am in love with you with words. I was hoping you could have seen it through my actions these past few months, silly. “ You muttered looking at him in the eyes.

He smiled proudly and leaned in once more, cupping your cheek with one hand and pulling you closer to him with another. He kissed you fully on the lips this time with much affection and care. Your hands fell lazily on his chiseled chest for support, you felt his heartbeat despite the thick jacket of his. You smiled into the kiss before kissing him back, ignoring the fact that you were standing in the middle of the crowded streets with the cold snow falling on top your shoulders and hair.

At that moment you were certain that this was what being in heaven must have felt like.

----

A/N: Here is the first chapter!~ It's more like a back story as to how you and your Dalmatian bias met :) I hope you guys enjoyed it. Look forward to the next chapter :)

Don't forget to leave a comment and to subscribe!~ :) <3 let me know who your Dalmatian bias is in the comments below I'm curious as to who you're imagining reading this.