Window

Quirky

 

Sorry if there are any errors. I'll fix them when I get around to it. Till then, please enjoy another chapter that I've kept from all of you!!

~

Myungsoo rubbed his chopstick together.  It had been awhile since he had been outside company walls without any consent. Somehow, he managed to leave through the front doors without anybody noticing him. His disguise was perfect - he covered himself with a dark blue hoodie with a zipper that went up to the end of the hood, but only covered past his chin.  He told Woohyun he was going out, but he didn’t seem to hear, but it didn’t matter. There was a craving for instant ramen deep inside that was calling him out into the streets of Seoul.

Because he didn’t want walk farther, he stopped at the nearest convenient store. Laziness, they say, but all he wanted was some ramen. Nothing else.

He picked up the cheapest ramen cup he could find and gripped the change he held in his hand. There wasn’t even 1000 won in his pockets. Approaching the counter, he kept his eyes low and didn’t mention anything to the young cashier girl who was occupied on her phone. He sighed in relief that he hadn’t been caught. As he did, miss A’s Touch played in the store speakers.

He shifted his eyes from left to right, thinking it probably wasn’t a good idea to sit right at the window.

He brushed his hair across his forehead and his lips. Cheap ramen was exquisitely delicious.

Still, Myungsoo didn’t have the urge to get off his to move.

Observing the passing crowd, he smirked that no one had managed to take notice of a Hallyu idol sitting in a rusty convenient store eating noodles in a plastic cup. Myungsoo swallowed.

He smiled down at his cup. It made him feel warm inside, like he was getting away from all the pressure. Of music and variety shows, there wasn’t even time for sleep anymore. Looking from side to side, he noticed no one was by his side. It probably would’ve been better to invite another member to the store with him, but at the same time, it felt nice to be alone and away from celebrity life and anyone else.

“You touch my heart, baby (touch, touch)”

Myungsoo closed his eyes as he looked up as he consumed more noodles and sighed in relief. Man, it tastes so good.

As he opened his eyes to dip his chopsticks in more flavored sweetness, he glimpsed at a teenage girl across the window with long black hair staring straight at him in the eyes with pursed lips.

Aish!” he yelped as he flinched backwards. He breathed heavily and looked around to see if he had drawn anybody’s attention.

Myungsoo whipped his head around to confront the girl.

“Hey, sasaeng girl-“ he grunted.

“What? Sasaeng?” a loud feminine voice barked.

His eyes widened. Pink glasses. White sweatshirt. Blue jeans. Including a black mask. A stylist would be appalled. The girl was dressed heavily - too heavily for a summer night. Yet, the female looked intimidating. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

“Kim Myungsoo.” She pulled down her mask and responded, “Do you recognize me now?”

“You touch my heart, baby (touch, touch)”

He his lips again and placed his chopsticks on top of his container.  Ruffling his hair in front of his face, he simpered at the other idol standing outside the convenient store.  Only a window stood between them.

“Why are you wearing a mask? Are you secretly a thug?”

“Protection,” Suzy murmured as she shivered.

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders and casually picked up his chopsticks again and proceeded to acquire more noodles. He lifted his hand up in front of her.

“You don’t want any?” he said with a smile.

Her eyes travelled from his face to the ramen, glimmering in the light. She pouted and rolled her eyes. “Babo. Why would I want to eat instant ramen?”

In one swift movement, Myungsoo tilted his head back, raised his arm and the cup, and lowered the ramen his mouth. He brought his head down to face Suzy, and slurped the noodles that hung from his chin.

Snap.

“Cute!” she giggled in English and turned her phone around to show a picture of him with ramen dangling on his face on the screen. “Can I post this on Twitter?”

As he shot forward to see the photo more clearly, his head almost hit against the window. “H-h-h-hey! Delete that!”

“What?” she said smugly, typing furiously on the tiny keyboard. “I’m keeping it! Now, tell me your Twitter username. Wait, I could just look that up.”

Bae Suzy,” he warned cautiously. “Erase that picture. Now.”

She slipped the phone into her back pocket.

“Or what?”

“Or… or…” he stuttered as he brought his face closer to the window and looked straight up to her eyes. “I’ll tweet that you’re a sasaeng fan.” His eyebrows scrunched. “For me.”

All of a sudden, a hand travelled full force to his face, like he was about to get slapped. Myungsoo jumped backwards and almost stumbled off his seat. He gaped at the girl who almost hit him with her palm – but her right arm was stiffened with her hand resting on the clear glass. Her expression was tensed up and her face was lifted high.

Sasaeng?” she scolded as her eyes squinted.

Suzy gave him a piercing stare for a long time, like she had been really offended. He looked back at her’s with words unable to come out of his mouth. Biting her lip, she burst into snickers and relaxed her arm. She kept her hand on the dirty store window though.  “You totally fell for it, didn’t you?” she said between giggles.

Myungsoo remained speechless as he watched the other K-pop idol chortle as if nothing bad was going to happen. He glanced from the radiating girl to her hand, not knowing what to make of the strange situation. It was rare enough that he was able to sneak out of the Woollim building.

He adjusted himself back into the chair and looked down at his cup ramen and eating utensils scattered over a probably un-cleaned countertop. His face relaxed and looked up again, and fixed his stare on her hand. Lifting his left hand, Myungsoo opened his palm and spread his fingers like Suzy’s, and laid his hand across from her’s. He looked at it for a while, wondering what it actually felt like. If only there wasn’t a window…

Unfortunately, she wasn’t even paying attention to him. It seemed as if she was still in hysterics over the ramen picture. With her other hand, Suzy used her index finger to wipe a tear under her eye and curled her fingers on the window to bring them to her face to wipe her eyes from tears of laughter. Soon, she collected herself and flashed a brilliant smile from ear-to-ear.

He quickly brought his hand down to his side.

“Well, I probably have to get back now,” the miss A celebrity frowned a bit. “Jieun-unni was supposed to meet me tonight, but I don’t think she’s coming.” She brushed her hand on her sweater, slipped the mask back on again, and waved in a chipper manner and jogged away and called, “See you later!”

Myungsoo made no movement whatsoever, and watched Suzy disappear into the sea of Koreans. He lifted his left hand from his side and curled his fingers into a fist and opened them again to get a good look of his palm. It felt warm, although the window was cold and bleak.

If he actually touched her hand, what would’ve felt like?

He shook his head violently to get rid of the thoughts of him reaching out to her hand. Slipping off his chair, he took one more bite, then gathered the chopsticks and the ramen to dispose of them. Feeling satisfied, he left the store as K.Will’s “I Need You” began playing over the speakers.

--

Luckily, Myungsoo managed to slip back into the dorms without getting caught. He gave himself a mental reminder to go back to the store whenever he felt like getting out. It was his own little secret.

“Hey! L!” Woohyun called out to him.

He smiled smugly, knowing he was able to eat a whole container of cup ramen to himself, and none of the other members didn’t.

“What the hell is this? You got ramen without me?” he confronted him.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened and stepped backwards as his band mate held up his hand phone. On it, he could vaguely see a picture of him. “Give me that!” he said, and snatched the phone from him.

It was a tweet from @missA_suzy.

The picture of him eating ramen.

@INFINITELKIM Aigoo, L has a big appetite! He ate all that ramen in one gulp!

Without any words, Myungsoo felt the color from his face drain as he threw the phone back to Woohyun. He stormed into his dorm and slammed the door.

Confused Woohyun looked at his phone again, and to the door. “Hey… hey L! Did you really eat ramen with Bae Suzy?”

~

1) Sasaeng fan - Those are pretty much the obsessive, crazy, stalker fans that always invade idol's privacy and cause controversy every now and then.

2) Jieun-unni - If any of you don't know, that's Jieun is IU's real name, and it's what Suzy calls her respectively. I also added the mask bit, because if you ever read it on allkpop, Suzy and IU were discovered on the streets wearing masks to hide their identities.

Woo! I finally finished this story! I'm sorry it took forever! I had trouble thinking of an idea. Anyway, this is a long note.

This chapter was shorter than the last one, so I hope none of you don't mind. I felt like I could've put more into this one-shot, but I know how patience is on some people, so I decided to create this real quick, so I'm sorry if there are any errors! At around 12:30 some night ago, I was reading Kimi ni Todoke, and for those of you that have never heard or read it, it's a Japanese manga full of fluffy romance and "doki-doki" scenes. There was a flashback scene of Sawako (the female lead) and Kazehaya (the male lead) confessed their feelings across the classroom door, which gave me this idea. As for the convenient store setting, I was also thinking about Rooftop Prince at the time when Micky was pretty much drooling at the girls eating ramen. As for the touch glass, it made me think about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, if any of you read that. (here's an example in a doujin: read this... then this)

As for the main prompt, I  was thinking between "hands," "touch," "ramen," or "window." Consider I included the miss A song, I decided not to use that, and "ramen" sounded weak. I was torn between "window" and "hands," but I settled with window. On another note, I also wondered whether I should have Suzy take notice of Myungsoo's hand right up against her's. Should have I? Or is it good the way it was? Oh well, it's all been done!! ^^

And WOW! A lot of subscribers for the first chapter~!!! I would list them all, but there's a lot of people. Thanks to those who commented as well! DESSERT FOR EVERYONE!

Thank you! Look out for the next story? Want to request a prompt? Comment below!!