Chapter One - "South Korea, here I come!"

The Prince And I: The First Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one

"South Korea, here I come!"

 

 

♫ Open me in another tab! ♫ 

 

Was it really possible for her to leave them behind?

It had to be possible, absolutely had to. Maybe it’s because she’s already clutching her luggage handle tightly as she was in the warm arms of her family. Flying to Seoul is a sacrifice that Kwon Yuri needed to endure for them. Her father, who is currently being pushed by a wheel chair, her mother, who had worked day and night to pay all the expenses they had, her younger sister, who was always a straight-A student, and her best friend, who had been at her side through thick and thin, these wonderful people surrounding her; she had to leave them.

Yuri had to leave them all.

And the reason for that is his father’s illness and her mother’s suffering. They had been living in California ever since Yuri and Min’s older brother, Hyuk Joon, had been born.

The oldest is now in Japan, already married to So Eun, a beautiful lady in her mid-twenties that the Kwons had thought to be so kind and compatible with Hyuk Joon. She is now pregnant with their first child and even though they’ve migrated away from their parents, they still send money to them monthly for support and often updates with them.

Presently, Yuri is the breadwinner of the family. She had recently graduated in one of the most prestigious schools in America, the University of Juilliard for Performing Arts, majoring in music, fine arts, and theater arts. Just like Min, she was also an intelligent student, and not to mention, a beauty too. But right now, she has to find better job opportunities to help stabilize their financial holdings.

“You’ve got your passport, right?” AJ, her best friend, cooed, as she extended her hand on Yuri’s shoulder, almost teary-eyed.

Yuri showed the documents in front of their eyes with a beam. “Yup! The emergency money is here, too.”

She nodded, swallowing the lump caught in . Her best friend was going to miss her so much. After all, they’ve graduated from the same university and they’ve created lots of happy memories too. AJ worried her hands with checking over Yuri’s suitcases, straightening her scarf, and fixing her hair.

“Call me as soon as you’ve landed in Seoul, mkay?” she said, earning a nod from Yuri.

Her mother looked at her with her warm, loving irises, mixed expressions etched on her face.

“Aigoo. Umma can’t believe that my precious baby is going back to Korea alone!” she exclaimed as she pulled her daughter into a tight embrace, inhaling her famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter